Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Packer_ESP

If we can't respect traditions what are we? Barbarians?

The Good

• Despite 31 points, the defense played outstanding at times. The goal line stand after Breeland's PI in the red zone was beautiful.
  • Spriggs seemed to play pretty decent in the second half, there is still hope for him.
  • MVS keeps breaking out, can't wait for him and Rodgers to develop some more chemistry.

The Bad

• The defense faltered in the 4th quarter when we most needed it.
  • We eat up trick plays like nobody's business.
  • Aaron was way off for many throws - overthrow to Graham in the red zone in the first drive, the short back shoulder to MVS in the second drive, several short throws in the 4th quarter.

The Ugly

• We still can't snap the ball before we run the clock out, even when we're down one or two scores and we should be hurrying.
  • Stupid penalties: Whitehead and Tonyan, even if both were stupidly reffed.
  • The Jones fumble and Tramon's whiff sealed the game away.

A lot of frustration, and a lot left on the field. Saw some good things from the defense. This just looks like a middle of the pack team hoping youth develops, and people can get healthy, and then get hot. Our division is open, but we need to go on a big streak now. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Didn't even feel like a real game. I worked 20hours on Saturday and was a zombie today and never got up for it.

So you are to blame.  

MM is off the hook

Rodgers is off the hook

You are hereby stripped of all you incog points!!!

You should and will feel bad

13 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Our division is open, but we need to go on a big streak now. 

Is it really? Chicago and Minnesota have 5 wins and arguably weaker schedules than us. One wildcard is all but guaranteed for the Panthers or Saints and the other will be heavily disputed by the looks of it (NFC North, Redskins / Eagles, Falcons, maybe Seahawks). I'm not very confident that we can get in unless we really turn it around. We'll probably need to go 7-1 to get in.

19 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

A lot of frustration, and a lot left on the field. Saw some good things from the defense. This just looks like a middle of the pack team hoping youth develops, and people can get healthy, and then get hot. Our division is open, but we need to go on a big streak now. 

I don't think you're gonna hear any r-e-l-a-x quotes this year. Feel free to keep hope alive if you want, but I'm glad I'm over this year

2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Is it really? Chicago and Minnesota have 5 wins and arguably weaker schedules than us. One wildcard is all but guaranteed for the Panthers or Saints and the other will be heavily disputed by the looks of it (NFC North, Redskins / Eagles, Falcons, maybe Seahawks). I'm not very confident that we can get in unless we really turn it around. We'll probably need to go 7-1 to get in.

You're probably right. I just had a sinking feeling about this team. Bad drafts led to depleted talent; Rodgers and MM seem to have a "thing", not sure if Aaron's arm is ever going o be the same, and lots of teams have gotten much better. 8-7-1 looks about right, but wouldn't be surprised to see 7-8-1. This could be MM's last year. Interesting times. 

Archived