Jump to content
Packer_ESP

Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Recommended Posts

If we can't respect traditions what are we? Barbarians?

The Good

  • Despite 31 points, the defense played outstanding at times. The goal line stand after Breeland's PI in the red zone was beautiful.
  • Spriggs seemed to play pretty decent in the second half, there is still hope for him.
  • MVS keeps breaking out, can't wait for him and Rodgers to develop some more chemistry.

The Bad

  • The defense faltered in the 4th quarter when we most needed it.
  • We eat up trick plays like nobody's business.
  • Aaron was way off for many throws - overthrow to Graham in the red zone in the first drive, the short back shoulder to MVS in the second drive, several short throws in the 4th quarter.

The Ugly

  • We still can't snap the ball before we run the clock out, even when we're down one or two scores and we should be hurrying.
  • Stupid penalties: Whitehead and Tonyan, even if both were stupidly reffed.
  • The Jones fumble and Tramon's whiff sealed the game away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of frustration, and a lot left on the field. Saw some good things from the defense. This just looks like a middle of the pack team hoping youth develops, and people can get healthy, and then get hot. Our division is open, but we need to go on a big streak now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't even feel like a real game. I worked 20hours on Saturday and was a zombie today and never got up for it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping this was still a good team playing bad football but at this point it's just a mediocre team playing mediocre/bad football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Didn't even feel like a real game. I worked 20hours on Saturday and was a zombie today and never got up for it.

 

 

So you are to blame.  

MM is off the hook

Rodgers is off the hook

You are hereby stripped of all you incog points!!!

You should and will feel bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So you are to blame.  

MM is off the hook

Rodgers is off the hook

You are hereby stripped of all you incog points!!!

You should and will feel bad

I'll just mint more.

I am better positioned to withstand hyperinflation of incog points than anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Our division is open, but we need to go on a big streak now. 

Is it really? Chicago and Minnesota have 5 wins and arguably weaker schedules than us. One wildcard is all but guaranteed for the Panthers or Saints and the other will be heavily disputed by the looks of it (NFC North, Redskins / Eagles, Falcons, maybe Seahawks). I'm not very confident that we can get in unless we really turn it around. We'll probably need to go 7-1 to get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Did we win? 

We were just this play, that play or this botched call away from the win, just like all games up until now (except the Redskins).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

A lot of frustration, and a lot left on the field. Saw some good things from the defense. This just looks like a middle of the pack team hoping youth develops, and people can get healthy, and then get hot. Our division is open, but we need to go on a big streak now. 

I don't think you're gonna hear any r-e-l-a-x quotes this year. Feel free to keep hope alive if you want, but I'm glad I'm over this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Did we win? 

31-17 Packers. Aaron Jones scored the go-ahead TD and then we sealed it with a beautiful deception bomb to Adams down the left sideline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Rodgers outplayed Brady, but we lost, because you fumbled.

You guys will still want me to get 30 carries next week so it's cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

31-17 Packers. Aaron Jones scored the go-ahead TD and then we sealed it with a beautiful deception bomb to Adams down the left sideline.

I hope I dream this tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Is it really? Chicago and Minnesota have 5 wins and arguably weaker schedules than us. One wildcard is all but guaranteed for the Panthers or Saints and the other will be heavily disputed by the looks of it (NFC North, Redskins / Eagles, Falcons, maybe Seahawks). I'm not very confident that we can get in unless we really turn it around. We'll probably need to go 7-1 to get in.

You're probably right. I just had a sinking feeling about this team. Bad drafts led to depleted talent; Rodgers and MM seem to have a "thing", not sure if Aaron's arm is ever going o be the same, and lots of teams have gotten much better. 8-7-1 looks about right, but wouldn't be surprised to see 7-8-1. This could be MM's last year. Interesting times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×