Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Packer_ESP

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

BIG difference though between starting a drive on the 20 vs inside the 5. You just don't have your whole playbook to try and fight out of it. 

It was more like the 30 yard line and the 8 yard line. This is the series we then drove to the other 30 and Jones fumbled. 

4 hours ago, Pugger said:
11 hours ago, JBURGE said:

We get it, you don't like Aaron Rodgers anymore

And he'll be the first one complaining about our QB woes once Rodgers isn't around.  I have a feeling this guy didn't follow the team before 1992.

I was born in 1992

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I was born in 1992

I was going to say that is a pretty random measuring stick...I wasn't a Packers fan until the mid 90s.

i barely qualify for being born in the mid 90s. 

been following since the 04' playoff game against MIN which preceded the Javon Walker career-ender in pre-season, which led to the acquisition of blue chip prospect aj hawk

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i barely qualify for being born in the mid 90s. 

been following since the 04' playoff game against MIN which preceded the Javon Walker career-ender in pre-season, which led to the acquisition of blue chip prospect aj hawk

I was born in '91, so I was maybe 6/7ish when I started watching football.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Perfect synopsis of why our offense is crap:

To Rodgers:

Why are you throwing such a crappy ball?

Why is Cobb you read there?

To Mac:

Why is Cobb running that route and not MVS?

Why is MVS running a 5 yard dig on 3rd and 7 and not a 7 yard dig?

For better or worse, Cobb was the 1v1 matchup here. DB played him very physical and impeded his progress so he couldn't get to his spot. FWIW I thought this could have been interference at the time, but given how they were calling the game it was probably most consistent to no-call this one.

Question the wisdom of not calling a different play if you see this is the read given the defensive alignment, but then you might be wasting another timeout which people hate. I don't think Aaron was off-target for where Cobb was headed, so much as he got slowed up by physical db play. Not exactly an example of a terrible throw so much as the other guys getting to impact the play too.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I was going to say that is a pretty random measuring stick...I wasn't a Packers fan until the mid 90s.

Packers QBs before Favre arrived in 1992 weren't all that hot.  We had Dickey but no defense.  The Magic man was a one year wonder.

Archived