Jump to content
Packer_ESP

Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah.  So if Rudolph is an average pass catcher and above average blocker, I would say Graham is an above average pass catcher and below average blocker.  Which I don't think is totally crazy.  

No, but we're also talking about the fact that we're in a passing-oriented league.  And I think we can both agree we haven't really seen Jimmy Graham really take off like we thought he would.  Is this a case of an older TE losing a step or him not being fully immersed in the offense?  Personally, I believe it's the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm probably a bit high on some of them...but I think you could make very good arguments for putting the vast majority of them into a top 100 list.

You think there's a good argument to put the vast majority of the top 200 players in the top 100?

Hmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No, but we're also talking about the fact that we're in a passing-oriented league.  And I think we can both agree we haven't really seen Jimmy Graham really take off like we thought he would.  Is this a case of an older TE losing a step or him not being fully immersed in the offense?  Personally, I believe it's the latter.

We can agree on that.  Could be the system, could be that he just isn't quite the same after his patellar tear.  No way to know.  

Just now, incognito_man said:

You think there's a good argument to put the vast majority of the top 200 players in the top 100?

Hmm

I consider a large number of those player top 100 guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You think there's a good argument to put the vast majority of the top 200 players in the top 100?

Hmm

I'd say about half of them have a really good case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Are they still playing this game?

It ended sunday evening around 10:30 pm central time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah.  So if Rudolph is an average pass catcher and above average blocker, I would say Graham is an above average pass catcher and below average blocker.  Which I don't think is totally crazy.  

I'd argue that Graham is a lot worse than below average.  He's as bad of a blocker as his position offers in the NFL. His lack of effort as a blocker forces us to bring Lewis in when we plan on running causing the offense to being disgustingly predictable.  

While Rudolph probably isn't the receiver, he's a better all around TE as he's not the completely worthless blocker that Graham is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SSG said:

I'd argue that Graham is a lot worse than below average.  He's as bad of a blocker as his position offers in the NFL. His lack of effort as a blocker forces us to bring Lewis in when we plan on running causing the offense to being disgustingly predictable.  

While Rudolph probably isn't the receiver, he's a better all around TE as he's not the completely worthless blocker that Graham is.  

Graham is undoubtedly in the bottom half of blockers aiming TEs, but he's nowhere near one of the worst blockers in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Graham has ever been know for his blocking prowess.  We should use Lewis for that job more often than we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't think Graham has ever been know for his blocking prowess.  We should use Lewis for that job more often than we do.

We really shouldn't. If you want to run, send Graham out into the slot and pull a defender with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We really shouldn't. If you want to run, send Graham out into the slot and pull a defender with him.

Or hell, even if you do think he's the worst blocking TE in the league (I agree, he isn't) split him wide to keep the need to block out of it entirely and motion Davante to the slot- from what I've seen DA seems like he must be a slight + or at least league-average as a run-blocker vs a CB on screens/run support. High effort with some attitude at the very least.

More snaps for Graham just gives us more options and forces more respect for the pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, Pugger said:

If AR is ignoring the underneath stuff who is to blame for that - besides #12?

If you can't coach it out, work around it. It almost feels like MM is calling plays designed to force 12 to throw short and 12 is noping around like Beaky Buzzard til he takes a sack or somebody breaks open downfield. You failed to coach it out, just go with it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Graham is undoubtedly in the bottom half of blockers aiming TEs, but he's nowhere near one of the worst blockers in the league. 

He definitely has a good chip, but chips and combos are all you should ask of him. Maybe block a cb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our defense needs to give up 30 points for us to get a Post Game thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×