Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Packer_ESP

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Listen - I'm not an OL guy - its not my territory - but I think ours stinks.
Bak, Taylor, Lindsey - fine. They can hold their own and get things done. That right side (?) - especially w/o Bulaga? Stinks IMO.

I thought Spriggs held his own tonight after Bulaga went down.  It is our GUARDS that need to be upgraded big time.

Just now, Pugger said:

I thought Spriggs held his own tonight after Bulaga went down.  It is our GUARDS that need to be upgraded big time.

Well - I couldnt even tell you who's holding the fort at RG - but Taylor was no bum last year. What happened? I think he's okay. Put him up against the Aaron Donald;s of the world - he;s gonna have a battle on his hands - but the run of the mill DL? He;s okay.

No - the right side is the problem. They get beat - give up pressure -- or cant move anybody in the run game.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:30 PM, Packer_ESP said:

We were just this play, that play or this botched call away from the win, just like all games up until now (except the Redskins).

Preach. This is the most frustrating season in recent memory. The difference is we're further in the hole than normal with a healthy Rodgers, and the hill to climb with a tough conference and division means unless we pull it together now and just keep winning, we've probably gonna see a team good enough to be in the playoffs who won't get to play in them.

Other stuff:

* MVS and Alexander are two huge reasons for optimism on each side of the ball. Both are exciting to watch. MVS can already do things like Jordy in contested situations that nobody on the team has been able to do for years. Alexander is gonna have a headache in games where they are calling ticky-tack stuff but otherwise it's a pleasure to watch his physical technique from snap-to-whistle.

* Tramon got posterior posterized to end the game. Unlike most I didn't have a horse in this race or the HHCD fallout besides a general anxiety about a secondary position change the week before facing Brady. Besides that play, I thought Williams acquitted himself well, including a fantastic run support play on the goal-line that I haven't seen much of from HHCD the last couple years. Cautiously optimistic he can be a solution here.

* 3rd quarter defense was elite. They got jobbed twice by 3rd/4th down reset calls and still made subsequent stops. They have been incredibly inconsistent this year but it's nice to see there is a high ceiling there.

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Well - I couldnt even tell you who's holding the fort at RG - but Taylor was no bum last year. What happened? I think he's okay. Put him up against the Aaron Donald;s of the world - he;s gonna have a battle on his hands - but the run of the mill DL? He;s okay.

No - the right side is the problem. They get beat - give up pressure -- or cant move anybody in the run game.

I felt like Taylor struggled tonight

6 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Morrison had a nice splash play. Any of you gurus know if he held his own from that point? 

He gave up a GLTD because he jumped past the gap after covering for a possible Brady dive, bur I was more impressed he got there

4 hours ago, persiandud said:

i expect us to go on a run to try and make the playoffs, but miss out barely 

the good news is, we'll surely fire mccarthy after missing the playoffs. lincoln riley anyone? 

The good news is we're shoo-ins for Hrad Knox

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

I saw some of the old Rodgers tonight.   He looked nimble at times even if he was running for his life.  It is a problem that our guys have issues getting open so AR has somewhere to go with the ball.  When AR has to move around do our WRs move with him?  I couldn't tell.

Even tho MM has been a good coach for us it is probably time to move on.  Let Gute get his own guy, try to keep Pettine and breath new life into this team.  Often things get stale after a while so what do we have to lose?

I know I saw AR ignore more than a few YAC routes because he wanted a chunk play.

Yeah, definitely feels stale watching this offense play, but hard to tell if it's not just disconnect. Either way something's gotta give, and that probably means Mac gets cheesed.

6 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Do you think it's his arm? Lack of plant foot, or both? I know the brace is smaller, but I wonder how much he really trusts it. I would argue his arm is still great, but tired because it's literally doing all the work since his range of motion has been taken away with the bad knee. 

I think his arm is fine. That pass to Graham for a TD and the one he dropped in to MVS were beautiful. 

59 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

I felt like Taylor struggled tonight

Could be. As I've mentioned before, I'm not an OL guy and cant easily see the individual battles in the course of the game - other than the overall of the DL getting pressure (or not) or breaking thru (or not). Taylor's held his own since we made his starter is pretty much all I was saying. ProBowl or AllPro? No.

Archived