Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Packer_ESP

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Unless one of those linemen turn around and "kill the rat", that thing is getting caught from behind, even with a perfect throw.  

I thought that red zone trip was pretty much thwarted by an offensive procedural penalty.    

Yeah that penalty hurt, it was first though wasn't it? Why didn't we run the darned ball? Anyone know how many rushing attempts we had in the RZ last night?

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Receivers were open all game.  Rodgers either missed them or didn't throw to them.  Take your Rodgers blinders off. 

No one does that. It's become Favre 2.0. He plays bad it's because he's injured, the receivers suck, the OL stinks, or it's the coach. There won't come a time that it's Rodgers.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There are 32 teams in the league, you should only be able to count the number of top 100 players on one hand. If you needed two hands, that would mean that the Packers have double the league average. 

The talent is not evenly distributed between all 32 teams. The top contenders have more than their share. Mostly due to a better front office.

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

No one does that. It's become Favre 2.0. He plays bad it's because he's injured, the receivers suck, the OL stinks, or it's the coach. There won't come a time that it's Rodgers.

Either way, this argument doesnt make much sense for the McCarthy supporters. By arguing that our results are being driven by poor play from Rodgers only legitimizes the argument that Rodgers carries this team and MM is just a figurehead. Basically you're arguing we would have a better record if Rodgers was playing better but since he isn't our record reflects that. In short, you're admitting this team rides or dies by Rodgers and MM cant find any way to win unless Rodgers is playing at his peak. That's not the definition of a good coach....

In fact, that's precisely the argument by the people who want McCarthy gone LOL.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Either way, this argument doesnt make much sense for the McCarthy supporters. By arguing that our results are being driven by poor play from Rodgers only legitimizes the argument that Rodgers carries this team and MM is just a figurehead. Basically you're arguing we would have a better record if Rodgers was playing better but since he isn't our record reflects that. In short, you're admitting this team rides or dies by Rodgers and MM cant find any way to win unless Rodgers is playing at his peak. That's not the definition of a good coach....

In fact, that's precisely the argument by the people who want McCarthy gone LOL.

Another sign of end times!  I agree with you.  Dogs and cats living together.

47 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Unless one of those linemen turn around and "kill the rat", that thing is getting caught from behind, even with a perfect throw.  

I thought that red zone trip was pretty much thwarted by an offensive procedural penalty.    

Understood - and I'm not offering this tweet as evidence to support some personal argument.

In honesty, I questioned the play call in real time. Third and goal from the.....14 (?) and we're throwing WR screens? But - this tweet did highlight the play design was better than I picked up in real time - or the TV announcers discussed at the time. Would the play have worked (?) - would Cobb have scored (?) - I'm not here to declare he would have. Unlike some around here, I dont anoint myself with NFL coaching brilliance - but the play appears at least to have been better planned than it initially appeared. The bad throw from AR pretty much doomed it.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Perfect synopsis of why our offense is crap:

To Rodgers:

Why are you throwing such a crappy ball?

Why is Cobb you read there?

To Mac:

Why is Cobb running that route and not MVS?

Why is MVS running a 5 yard dig on 3rd and 7 and not a 7 yard dig?

I think this is Rodgers getting rid of the ball to avoid the safety.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Perfect synopsis of why our offense is crap:

To Rodgers:

Why are you throwing such a crappy ball?

Why is Cobb you read there?

To Mac:

Why is Cobb running that route and not MVS?

Why is MVS running a 5 yard dig on 3rd and 7 and not a 7 yard dig?

THIS! Why is it so hard for people to realize they both suck right now?! Like literally suck.

21 minutes ago, SAM said:

The talent is not evenly distributed between all 32 teams. The top contenders have more than their share. Mostly due to a better front office.

Who are the teams you think have more than 5?

The Saints you could probably make an argument for.

I'm not sure I'm seeing any others though I'm probably missing a few. 

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'll just mint more.

I am better positioned to withstand hyperinflation of incog points than anyone

INFLATION WILL RUIN US ALL

don't give me your quantitative easing bologna I DON'T BUY IT FOR A SECOND.

I'm putting allmy incog points into cryptocog points.  I'll be in venezuela hodling cryptocogency.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

yeah this.  No way that play scores.  The throw was bad, but that's a stop short of the ez without a heroic play from cobb or incredible execution by the blockers.  2% chance to score.

The Jones fumble and the personal foul to their punter are the two plays that sucked the wind out of us.  We could have won that game.  Our defense played an excellent 3 qtrs., they fell down in one.  Rodgers played better than he has in most games this year, and still was inconsistent.  McCarthy has beaten Bilichick before, did he outcoach him then?   Not necessarily, and he wasn't outcoached necessarily in this game.  We played a very good team in their house against a QB who while is starting to decline is still a whole lot more consistent than our QB.   Primarily in decision making, but for this season as a whole in accuracy as well.

Archived