AJ Green Injury Update

theJ

I'm sure most have seen this already, but here it is anyway.

They were already going to lose the NO game, so as long as he's back for the Ravens game they may be ok.  But if he misses Baltimore, or even the following week at the Browns, the team could be looking at 5-5, or 5-6 pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Unfortunately this team isn’t doing anything even if they squeak into the playoffs, unless the defense turns things around. 

I agree with that, but i'd still like to see them get there.  I don't think they'll win a playoff game, but i think another one and done probably means Marvin is gone (hopefully).  And for this young team to get to the playoffs will help with confidence going into next year.

So i hope AJ isn't out long, because i don't see them beating the Ravens without him.  Even as sad sack as they are right now.

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I agree with that, but i'd still like to see them get there.  I don't think they'll win a playoff game, but i think another one and done probably means Marvin is gone (hopefully).  And for this young team to get to the playoffs will help with confidence going into next year.

So i hope AJ isn't out long, because i don't see them beating the Ravens without him.  Even as sad sack as they are right now.

Mike Brown sees making the playoffs as a win and will blame things on new coaches and injuries to keep Marvin around. 

41 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Time to elevate Auden Tate...

I'd pull him back up and make him active.

Pretty obvious that Cody Core isn't going to cut it.  John Ross is just a decoy.  So you need someone on the outside that can maybe make a play with Tyler Boyd.  I'd either throw him out there, or Josh Malone (probably Malone first).

12 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'd pull him back up and make him active.

Pretty obvious that Cody Core isn't going to cut it.  John Ross is just a decoy.  So you need someone on the outside that can maybe make a play with Tyler Boyd.  I'd either throw him out there, or Josh Malone (probably Malone first).

The usage or lack thereof for Malone this season has been odd to say the least.  Malone and Tate from what we've seen previously should be the guys getting offensive snaps over Cody Core, but the Bengals seem committed to playing Core over them...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

The usage or lack thereof for Malone this season has been odd to say the least.  Malone and Tate from what we've seen previously should be the guys getting offensive snaps over Cody Core, but the Bengals seem committed to playing Core over them...

Yeah it's strange to me that they play all preseason over Core and play well, then the regular season rolls around and they're not involved at all.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Yeah it's strange to me that they play all preseason over Core and play well, then the regular season rolls around and they're not involved at all.

A lot of it I think goes back to "Marvin will play the guys who have been in the system longer".  Young guys make mistakes because they don't know the playbook well enough, and they don't get snaps.  Other players either suck, or drop passes but because they ran the right route, Marvin will continually keep giving them snaps. 

Marvin is all about mediocrity ball...

Archived