Jump to content
RSkinGM

Mason Foster

Recommended Posts

Seems to me when a team has a 3rd down , they just send a back into the flat and toss him the ball. Foster always seems to "Chugging" over to cover but never gets there . Is this guy a liability? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Seems to me when a team has a 3rd down , they just send a back into the flat and toss him the ball. Foster always seems to "Chugging" over to cover but never gets there . Is this guy a liability? 

Yes. We need a dynamic Pass rusher and ILB on D. Along with CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem with him is Zach Brown can't cover and you can't play them both together(and Brown is the better player)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 1:54 PM, rizzy said:

I think the problem with him is Zach Brown can't cover and you can't play them both together(and Brown is the better player)

Neither of them can cover. Foster just doesn’t have the athletic ability, Brown is missing it between the ears. He freelances and forgets or doesn’t follow his assignments. That’s why he’s been on 3 NFL teams in his career despite his immense physical god given talent/skills of speed, size and strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 2:42 PM, MKnight82 said:

They need JHC or Dion Hamilton to step up.  

Possibly next year, I don’t think either are ready for a more expanded role just yet. They really need to draft an ILB in the first 3 rounds next year who will either come in and start or push to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foster- guys who’s been cut before, Think a limited pass pro guy, limited athleticism, tries hard, but will always be subpar should be a backup because that’s his ceiling. Delusional thinking has him starting because he’s better that those other scrubs who shouldn’t ever been in our team. Unfortunately JKC or whatever his name is- he sucks too. Sorry for being blunt. But that’s my way 

doc out- heading to my new favorite bar for a 9 am wake up call in Bangla road- yeah it’s appropriately named! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Foster- guys who’s been cut before, Think a limited pass pro guy, limited athleticism, tries hard, but will always be subpar should be a backup because that’s his ceiling. Delusional thinking has him starting because he’s better that those other scrubs who shouldn’t ever been in our team. Unfortunately JKC or whatever his name is- he sucks too. Sorry for being blunt. But that’s my way 

doc out- heading to my new favorite bar for a 9 am wake up call in Bangla road- yeah it’s appropriately named! 

You need to write a book.  Your life sounds awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 8:41 PM, Doc Draper said:

Foster- guys who’s been cut before, Think a limited pass pro guy, limited athleticism, tries hard, but will always be subpar should be a backup because that’s his ceiling. Delusional thinking has him starting because he’s better that those other scrubs who shouldn’t ever been in our team. Unfortunately JKC or whatever his name is- he sucks too. Sorry for being blunt. But that’s my way 

doc out- heading to my new favorite bar for a 9 am wake up call in Bangla road- yeah it’s appropriately named! 

JHC doesn’t suck, I don’t know why ppl in his forum overreact to everything so much. JHC is a good coverage LB on TEs & RBs but he doesn’t have a lot of weight on him because he’s a converted safety like Sua Cravens.  SDH doesn’t suck either. They are young developing linebackers. 

Foster is a good run defender and a good leader. In a perfect world he wouldn’t be starting and he’d be a back up but the world isn’t perfect and you can’t afford to have great starters at every position in the NFL of the last 25 years aka the salary cap era. 

I agree he doesn’t have great athleticism, is poor at pass coverage and is more a try hard guy who’s just a cerebral smart football player but not an exceptional athlete with great speed playing the positon.

I expect him to be replaced next year either in the first few rounds of the draft or in free agency. Or, if we are lucky SDH takes the next steps in his development and wins the starting job. Don’t forget about SDH’s talent. If not for his two knee injuries he would have been a starting ILB for 3 years at Alabama. He was starting over guys like Ragaland, Foster and others before his injuries.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×