Starters you want back in 2019

Humble_Beast

On 2/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, NJ Raider said:

I think cook is a vital piece to bring back. Carr has a really strong rapport with him. I don’t mind giving him 9 mil a year for the next two years. I would assume with it looking more like we will be back in Oakland next year that lynch will be back. I am okay with this but I would like a young explosive back to pair with him. Need to address lb and rb before the fifth round of the draft.Let lynch mentor warren up to be a power/ short yardage guy. While the rookie makes explosive plays running and in the pass game.

God please, no. We need to move on from Lynch and draft a young running back. Josh Jacobs at the end of the first would be an excellent fit here. 

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

can't always want to ride the new wave like Zion..... Lynch still has the juice

He only played in 6 games last year and he's going to be 33 at the start of next season. Lynch hasn't had a 1,000+ yard season since 2014. He's a cool dude and I love that he loves Oakland but RB is a position of need, we haven't had a good young stud RB in forever. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Even if we're going to keep Lynch we should target a RB early. He can split carries with Lynch and replace him if he gets hurt. I want Josh Jacobs or Devin Singletary. 

Keeping Lynch would just show this team isn't serious about rebuilding. 33 year old, injury risk at this stage RB who's being used to pacify Oakland fans. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Keeping Lynch would just show this team isn't serious about rebuilding. 33 year old, injury risk at this stage RB who's being used to pacify Oakland fans. 

That or just building elsewhere while you have a Lynch/Martin duo to take the hits...then get a true feature back in 2020...

4 hours ago, Rolni said:

That or just building elsewhere while you have a Lynch/Martin duo to take the hits...then get a true feature back in 2020...

Exactly use Martin/Lynch combo one more year maybe spend a 5th rounder on a gem... RBs a dime a dozen. A guy like mike bell in free agency could make the same impact as Jacobs bans... draft an elite back in 2020 with one of those firsts 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Exactly use Martin/Lynch combo one more year maybe spend a 5th rounder on a gem... RBs a dime a dozen. A guy like mike bell in free agency could make the same impact as Jacobs bans... draft an elite back in 2020 with one of those firsts 

3 of the 4 teams that made it to the conference championship games had young stud running backs. The only team that didn’t was KC and they lost their young stud RB earlier in the season. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Let’s keep Jordy Nelson and Seth Roberts as our top 2 WR too. Draft someone next year, screw Carr and the offense. Let’s just address it in 4 years. 

Archived