Starters you want back in 2019

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Russell was an obvious one. When he came to the combine look like an offensive guard weighing in, I was vocal that he wasn't it. Talent can't mask lazy in a QB. That was so hard too because Peterson and CJ were college proven commodities. You could look at both those alpha dogs and tell they were going to be special. 

Raider fans for whatever reason falls for H/W/S guys. Vernon Gholston was strongly debated. Bruce Campbell.  Obi most recently. 

That was the biggest debate I remember.  Guys wanted AP, Tron, Russell, and even Quinn.  I desperately wanted AP and couldn't believe he fell to the 7th pick.

Kiffin wanted Tron and Trent Edwards if I remember correctly. I eventually came around to the idea of needing a franchise QB, but that was short lived thanks to Russell.  You can't fix lazy. 

46 minutes ago, true2form said:

That was the biggest debate I remember.  Guys wanted AP, Tron, Russell, and even Quinn.  I desperately wanted AP and couldn't believe he fell to the 7th pick.

Kiffin wanted Tron and Trent Edwards if I remember correctly. I eventually came around to the idea of needing a franchise QB, but that was short lived thanks to Russell.  You can't fix lazy. 

My friend was a big clubber around Russell’s time in the bay said he be out damn near every Saturday night see him all the time during the season. 

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Well Al Davis conditioned us I guess I still wish we could back and look at the draft thread in 07. I still remember Oaktown OG’s thread calling Russ the Savior of the franchise.

Classic. That dude couldn't save himself from an all you eat buffet. Nothing was more obvious. 

updated list

• QB- Carr
  • RB-
  • FB-
  • WR- 
  • WR-
  • Slot-
  • TE- Cook
  • T- Kolton
  • G- KO
  • C- Hudson
  • G- Jackson
  • T-
  • DE-
  • DT- Hurst/Hall
  • NT- Ellis or Hankins
  • DE-
  • OLB- Whitehead
  • MLB- 
  • OLB-
  • CB- Conely
  • CB- Worley
  • Nickle- Nelson
  • S- Joseph
  • S- 
  • K- Carlson
  • P- 
  • LS- Sieg
  • PR- Richard
  • KR- 

if Nelson finishes the season strong, he can come back....

There were times this year where I was almost totally done with him, but I'm fully back on board with Carr as our QB going forwards.

Another comeback win for the list, and he threw some lasers yesterday. Looks like he feels more comfortable in Gruden's offense, and while there were definitely a couple of mistakes yesterday and he really should have been picked off, he's playing with far more confidence in general - stepping up into the pocket, trusting his WRs, and just protecting the ball really well. Give him a couple of extra weapons and a bit of help at RT and I'm looking forward to 2019 with DC as our QB.

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

There were times this year where I was almost totally done with him, but I'm fully back on board with Carr as our QB going forwards.

Another comeback win for the list, and he threw some lasers yesterday. Looks like he feels more comfortable in Gruden's offense, and while there were definitely a couple of mistakes yesterday and he really should have been picked off, he's playing with far more confidence in general - stepping up into the pocket, trusting his WRs, and just protecting the ball really well. Give him a couple of extra weapons and a bit of help at RT and I'm looking forward to 2019 with DC as our QB.

Im not sold yet but he has definitely stringed together some good games, which we all knew he was very capable of doing. He does seem to be more comfortable in the offense and he is playing with passion and fire that I dig. The no INT streak doesnt mean much to me because if we're being honest, he should have at least 3 to 4 more that were flat out dropped - including what would've been a game ender in Arizona. 

While I dont like seeing him get creamed by pass rushers, the lack of protection has forced him to utilize his legs more. I've seen more movement ability out of DC this year than all the other years combined, so maybe this is something he can continue to grow from and incorporate in his game going forward. 

He clearly has a preference throwing to bigger receivers, so I would like to see us go all in and get him his type of weapons.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Same. I got impatient. I think we all expected too much, myself included with Gruden coming it. He had sound bites about how well Carr knew this system, etc. and we all soaked it up. When the INTs started piling up, it was easy to fire shots at them.

We're seeing the development now. Carr looks poised in the system, smart and confident. I'll also say taking some sacks has started to harden him a little. Looks better under pressure now too. Let's get him weapons and protect him better now.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same. I got impatient. I think we all expected too much, myself included with Gruden coming it. He had sound bites about how well Carr knew this system, etc. and we all soaked it up. When the INTs started piling up, it was easy to fire shots at them.

We're seeing the development now. Carr looks poised in the system, smart and confident. I'll also say taking some sacks has started to harden him a little. Looks better under pressure now too. Let's get him weapons and protect him better now.

Carr is showing some Gannon-type fire getting after wrs and even arguing with gruden I love it

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was always a matter of time. Gannon struggled his first year too but when the light came on, we remember how much fun it was to watch him dissect defenses every week. Carr will get there. He's well on the way.

Archived