Starters you want back in 2019

Humble_Beast

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

name a rookie TE who has been a stud... takes awhile for Wrs and TE to develop... sign Cook on a 2 year deal

Doesn't need to be a stud as a rookie. Team isn't going to be competing in 2019 anyway. It's about rebuilding for the future. 

If they want to sign Cook and draft a TE, that's fine.... but it would depend on his price tag. He's 31 and likely wants to play for a winner at this stage

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Doesn't need to be a stud as a rookie. Team isn't going to be competing in 2019 anyway. It's about rebuilding for the future. 

If they want to sign Cook and draft a TE, that's fine.... but it would depend on his price tag. He's 31 and likely wants to play for a winner at this stage

true.... I wouldn't pay him big bucks on a long term deal, but I would pay for a short term 1-2year deal.. 

Carrier was one of the core ST guys, so I would definately keep him. That money doesn't count with all the space we have anyway.

I would keep Smith, Carrier and Waller around for sure and depending on Cook's asking price I would also keep Cook. If Cook asks for some crazy money or simply wants to move on I would let him walk, check the FA market for a guy like Jesse James, but won't spend crazy on him neither. This draft is pretty solid at TE and Carrier and Waller both showed that they can contribute.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:57 AM, Silver&Black88 said:

I miss my dog, LLWFC aka Mr Raider.

I still lurk pretty regularly my man. Just haven't had as much time to post as i used to, and this past off season and regular season was a rough one on me haha. 

On 1/5/2019 at 6:25 AM, big_palooka said:

There have been some first year tight ends that have made noise too. Engram, Kelce (in his first non-injured year), etc. It's not the norm, but some of these guys are seriously talented. Fant especially. He's worth a late 1st easily. 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, Nightmare said:

Cook coming back may depend on whether or not we're looking at a future with Carr at QB.

He has been Carr's safety net this year, and if the plan is to stick with DC at QB long-term, then having a target he can trust would be ideal.

is it out of the question to franchise Cook? we could draft his replacement, and let him learn his rookie year.... meanwhile we would have two threats at TE.....Cook was playing like a top 5 TE, so getting paid like a top 3 TE isn't out of the question with our cap space

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There have been some first year tight ends that have made noise too. Engram, Kelce (in his first non-injured year), etc. It's not the norm, but some of these guys are seriously talented. Fant especially. He's worth a late 1st easily. 

I want one of those IOWA boys! 

• 3 weeks later...

updated list on starters I want Back

QB: Carr

RB: Lynch

FB: ????

WR: ????

WR: Nelson

Slot: ???

TE: Cook

LT: Kolton

LG: KO

C: Hudson

RG: Jackson

RT: Parker/ Vet FA to push the kid

DE: ???

DT: Hurst/Hall

NT: Hankins

DE: ????

WLB: Whitehead

MLB: ?????

SLB: M Lee

CB: Conely

CB: ????

Slot CB: Nelson

FS: Joseph

SS: ????

K: Carlson

P: ????

Need to ink up the following starters: Lynch, Cook, Hankins

I think cook is a vital piece to bring back. Carr has a really strong rapport with him. I don’t mind giving him 9 mil a year for the next two years. I would assume with it looking more like we will be back in Oakland next year that lynch will be back. I am okay with this but I would like a young explosive back to pair with him. Need to address lb and rb before the fifth round of the draft.Let lynch mentor warren up to be a power/ short yardage guy. While the rookie makes explosive plays running and in the pass game.

Archived