11/18 game vs Vikings Flexed to SNF

beardown3231

That’s the pro!

The con?

RT @danwiederer: Bears will now face a really tough turnaround from the night game on Sunday night in Week 11 to a morning start on Thursday of Week 12. Basically 85 hours between the end of one game to the start of the next.

Unless Detroit really unravels, that almost makes the next two must-wins because I can’t see them winning the Thanksgiving game now

That should be against the rules.  You should never have to play a Mon or Sun night into a Thurs. game.

You can't recover physically in time.  

You need to ice bath and hot tub and stretch and go to acupuncture or chiropractor after a game (if you are smart).  With a night game its just take some pain pills and sleep medication and pass out and do that stuff next day.

At least Lions also have a tough game against a physical Panthers team week before and Bears are the younger team.  May give them an advantage.  

Plus you get a long rest after the Thanksgiving game.  

It was smart to sit Mack and Robinson these past two weeks.  I am worried about our OTs though.  Big bodies start to wear and we have no OT depth.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Unless Detroit really unravels, that almost makes the next two must-wins because I can’t see them winning the Thanksgiving game now

That may well be happening, which surprises me.

I agree the short turnaround is beyond ridiculous, though...

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

When was that? Maybe a few years ago? Confused...

I bet there was a mock or two, but I don't remember anyone really going off for him. There was an article about how he was humbled by his failure in DEN that was posted here a few times too. 

I want to see what gets written up this upcoming off-season after the ****show he orchestrated in IND. Lol

Normally I'm a fan of prime time games because my Sundays are typically busy during the day but I don't really like the timing of this one with the Detroit game the following Thursday at noon.  

That's going to be a tough back to back turnaround for this team, especially with Vikings coming off a bye to play us.  The next two at home are must wins IMO if this team wants to have a shot at the playoffs this year.

Archived