Steeler vs. Panthers Thurday Night Football Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

Just now, 3rivers said:

inconsistent speed won't work often enough.  Tonight was better but they need more of this on a regular basis. Effort is there, give him that.  I am not sure if the panthers were ready, they looked bad tonight. 

An Edge rusher HAS to have a quick 1st step. Dupree has that but it's inconsistent. The only reasons for that can be effort and/or conditioning. Neither are excusable. On top of the inconsistency, he has not improved or added many Pass Rush moves. That's coaching and/or effort. That's inexcusable. Thus the frustration. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

An Edge rusher HAS to have a quick 1st step. Dupree has that but it's inconsistent. The only reasons for that can be effort and/or conditioning. Neither are excusable. On top of the inconsistency, he has not improved or added many Pass Rush moves. That's coaching and/or effort. That's inexcusable. Thus the frustration. 

I.will give him props he didnt over pursue every other play like he has a tendency to do. He was patiently aggressive tonight.

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't see conditioning an issue with dupree, he doesn't get tired . the coaching has not taught him enough, that I will agree with.  If we draft Sutton Smith, I don't think our coaches could slow him down. Some players have that first step, some don't.  The moves too, he needs to get happening, This OL tonight was not good for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Fichtner has the Steelers at 31 PPG... 3rd in the league. Impressive as many years that might be first but the Saints and Chiefs are both averaging 35 PPG.

Going into this game the Steelers red zone offense has the second best TD rate. 75% compared to 53% from last season.

Without looking...guess what the time of possession split is. Guarantee your wrong. 

Felt like we had the ball all night. Quick scores turned the tide on that stat, though.

Efficient and Effective. Great offensive showing. 

Archived