Steeler vs. Panthers Thurday Night Football Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

6 hours ago, Livewire said:

every week it seems Connor and company are setting a record of sorts. We scored the most at Hines field also. I hope Connor is ok for next week, I really don't want bell back either.  I would rather sign someone off another teams practice squad at this point as long as Connor will be good to go soon

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

And way better in the redzone.

this is what matters most. MAJOR scoring here with this crew. Playing without Gilbert and Bell, this is about $20M less for the season and much better , so much for that

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

Randy was not lying when he said the tight end position will be a big part of the offense

62 rec 592 yards 5 TD

2018(9 games)

56 rec 778 yards 4 TD

I like that Fitchner has brought a physical element back to the offense. We lost Bryant, who added a deep threat but was soft, and added Vance and a powerful running game. I'm much more confident in this offense in the playoffs than I have been in a long time. 

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I like that Fitchner has brought a physical element back to the offense. We lost Bryant, who added a deep threat but was soft, and added Vance and a powerful running game. I'm much more confident in this offense in the playoffs than I have been in a long time. 

its the kind of offense that can travel.

we might have a shot at KC and even NE if we keep the ball away from those offenses by owning T.O.P

Steelers are built for long  drives with this line, experience QB and skill players.

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

its the kind of offense that can travel.

we might have a shot at KC and even NE if we keep the ball away from those offenses by owning T.O.P

Steelers are built for long  drives with this line, experience QB and skill players.

Yep, as long as we can keep our 3rd downs short and keep converting them at a high rate, we're pretty unstoppable. I feel like Haley tried to get way too fancy with our glut of weapons and it ended up hurting us. The offense we have now is nothing fancy. Physicality still wins in this league. Ben can still sling it all over the field and Connor can smash defenses into oblivion. We also seem to be sticking to the run game much more than we did under Haley. With Haley it seemed like we could only ever throw or run, we couldn't do both in the same game.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

So there’s reports that about 6/7 weeks ago Tomlin took over defensive work in everything but play calling and title. 

then what exactly did he take over? I can't see what he is doing here. Does this spell the end of Butler at seasons end? Where is a link for this?

1 hour ago, August4th said:

ts the kind of offense that can travel.

finally trying to own TOP - it's been years since this has happened. Connor has a lot to do with this. Now if Connor is sat out next week with concussion and Bell starts9_9

Archived