Jump to content
MikeT14

Richardson, Scherff, and Lauvao to IR

Recommended Posts

Just now, footbull3196 said:

To contribute to the discussion of how the rash of recent injuries affect the season long outlook of the Redskins going forward?

Sure. Or you could’ve said “man these injuries are really piling up” instead of coming in here and signing the Eagles praises...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Sure. Or you could’ve said “man these injuries are really piling up” instead of coming in here and signing the Eagles praises...

The thread in NFL news didn't exist at the time I posted.  Otherwise I would have just posted in there and saved myself the trouble of having to deal with this instead.  Sorry for your losses, let's leave it at that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Paul Richardson was probably the only pleasant surprise (save AP obviously) on the offensive side of the ball. Sucks to lose him.

Ya but he was a injury prone guy to begin with.  Our stupid FO put all our eggs into him and Doctson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These injuries are obviously going to be hard to overcome. I hate to hear that Scherff is out for the year.

Let’s hope the young guys step up like Mo Harris, Doctson and CT and Crowder come back healthy next week and for the rest of the year.

I’m not sure what to expect out of the Austin Howard signing.

Frankly, I was shocked we didn’t re-sign TJ Clemmings, or is he on a team right now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but he was a injury prone guy to begin with.  Our stupid FO put all our eggs into him and Doctson.

Didn’t Prich play almost every game last year? He battled injuries early in his career though.

Anyways, Crowder and CTs injuries have hurt our passing offense pretty bad. I don’t think anyone expected Crowder to miss a month. I sure hope we get him back this week, we need him.

Prich is better than Harris, but it’s not a huge drop off except that Harris doesn’t has much downfield speed. I like what Harris does in the short to intermediate game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man we always said we have the best OL coach in football with Callahan.  Well lets see if he can patch things up.  Keep it simple.  I feel we didn't keep it simple with the running game with the Falcons, too many hand offs deep in our backfield.  Line up and play smash mouth football, quick throws by Smith, etc.  The Boys lost last night, its a two horse race now for the division, no way that Dallas team doesn't lose at least 3 more games with the schedule they have.  We are a game up on the Eagles, one game at a time and it may get interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Didn’t Prich play almost every game last year? He battled injuries early in his career though.

Anyways, Crowder and CTs injuries have hurt our passing offense pretty bad. I don’t think anyone expected Crowder to miss a month. I sure hope we get him back this week, we need him.

Prich is better than Harris, but it’s not a huge drop off except that Harris doesn’t has much downfield speed. I like what Harris does in the short to intermediate game though.

If that's the case, we shouldn't have signed him to $40 million or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mar29020 said:

season over. back to 3 yards per carry

You think it will be that much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

To contribute to the discussion of how the rash of recent injuries affect the season long outlook of the Redskins going forward?

Forgive my fellow Redskins' fans ... we had hopes of a divisional crown and now it's fading away. They're a tad salty right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 8:00 AM, MikeT14 said:

If that's the case, we shouldn't have signed him to $40 million or whatever. 

Whosh, missed the point!

1st, you might want to check out the actual terms of PRich’s deal. They can get out of it after year if PRich doesn’t stay healthy again next year. It will cost them 2 years & $17.5 million.

2nd, Harris isn’t as good as PRich, especially as I said because Harris doesn’t have Prich’s Deep speed and ability to high point balls and make acrobatic catches.

Just because Harris isn’t a HUGE drop off, doesn’t mean it’s not a drop off. There clearly is a drop off there, especially with consistency of a vet wr with speed who can high point balls vs a young wr who doesn’t have much experience.

Still though, I’ve always liked Harris. He’s a steady Eddie who will make the occasional splash play like he did last year vs Minny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Whosh, missed the point!

1st, you might want to check out the actual terms of PRich’s deal. They can get out of it after year if PRich doesn’t stay healthy again next year. It will cost them 2 years & $17.5 million.

2nd, Harris isn’t as good as PRich, especially as I said because Harris doesn’t have Prich’s Deep speed and ability to high point balls and make acrobatic catches.

Just because Harris isn’t a HUGE drop off, doesn’t mean it’s not a drop off. There clearly is a drop off there, especially with consistency of a vet wr with speed who can high point balls vs a young wr who doesn’t have much experience.

Still though, I’ve always liked Harris. He’s a steady Eddie who will make the occasional splash play like he did last year vs Minny.

What was your point then? You just said Harris isn't a huge drop off, then you moved the goal posts (surprise) to it is a drop off of some *clearly* significance.

So, we pick one, either Harris was garbage time stuff, or, in one game of serious PT, he's had a better performance than P-Rich all season. We shouldn't have signed a guy, who's far and away, best season was last year with 40 something catches for 700 yards. 

That wasn't a wooosh, fyi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really kinda remarkable that this is happening again. It's almost eerie how reminiscent this is of last year, with that "you've gotta be kidding me" type vibe to the piling up of the injuries.

When you think about where the offense was supposed to be, compared to where it will be this weekend, it's really kinda depressing:

 

QB Smith // QB Smith

RB Guice // RB Peterson

WR Richardson // WR Floyd

WR Doctson // WR Doctson

WR Crowder // WR Harris

TE Reed // TE Reed (??)

LT Williams // LT Nsekhe

LG Lauvao // LG Bergstrom

C Roullier // C Roullier

RG Scherff // RG Howard (??)

RT Moses // RT Moses (??)

 

When you look at it all in black and white, it's just crushing. That's a pretty damned decent offense at full health. But then take out Derrius Guice, Paul Richardson, Jamison Crowder, Trent Williams, Shaun Lauvao, and Brandon Scherff -- and replace all six of them with essentially a street FA/replacement level player (except Nsekhe). Also subtract Chris Thompson and replace with a street FA. If Reed and/or Moses can't go, that would be 8 or 9 of the top 12 players on the offensive side of the ball out with injury. Just silly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What was your point then? You just said Harris isn't a huge drop off, then you moved the goal posts (surprise) to it is a drop off of some *clearly* significance.

So, we pick one, either Harris was garbage time stuff, or, in one game of serious PT, he's had a better performance than P-Rich all season. We shouldn't have signed a guy, who's far and away, best season was last year with 40 something catches for 700 yards. 

That wasn't a wooosh, fyi. 

I didn’t move the goal post. I said Harris isn’t a huge drop off from Prich, but explained that he is still a drop of and that PRich is the better player. That’s why we signed PRich, let Ryan Grant walk and didn’t just hand the job to incumbent WRs like Harris and Quick.

Yes, PRich didn’t have many receptions with a scrambling free lance QB like Russell Wilson throwing him the ball. He did have 6 TDs though, which would have tied for the team lead for the Redskins last year and he would have led us in yards per reception if he was on the Redskins last year with 16 ypc.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

OL get injured so we cut an OL and promote a LB lol

Well the day before we signed 2 vet OL (an OG & a OG/OT) and a developmental guard instead of keeping 3 centers. They’ll probably put Casey Dunn on the practice squad, as long as no one picks him up.

Makes sense to me.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×