Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

A brand new forum means a brand new introductions thread.  Even if you're a previous returing poster, or someone whose checking out Football's Future for the first time stop by and say hello.  Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Your life
Username:
State you live in now:
Something unique about you:

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:
What made you become a fan:
Favorite current Packers:
All-time favorite Packers:
Favorite moment in team history:

Your interests
Other favorite teams:
Hobbies outside of football:
Favorite movie:
Favorite TV Show:
Favorite band:

• Like 1

I'll go ahead and start.

Your life
Username: CWood21
State you were born in: California
State you live in now: Oklahoma
Something unique about you:

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: I had to be maybe six or seven
What made you become a fan: Neighbors were big time Packers fans and I became a Packers fan because of them
Favorite current Packer(s): Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Clay Matthews 
All-time favorite Packer(s): Brett Favre
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Los Angeles Lakers, St. Louis Cardinals, Oklahoma Sooners
Hobbies outside of football: Friends, Soccer, Netflix
Favorite movie: Law Abiding Citizen
Favorite TV Show: Friends
Favorite band: Too many to choose

Your life
Name: No.
State you were born in: North Dakota
State you live in now: Texas
Something unique about you: I'm double jointed in all my fingers.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: The year after the Broncos loss thankfully.
What made you become a fan: Darren Sharper, regretfully.  He had a 50 yard INT return for a TD that made me finally see the beauty in football.
Favorite current Packers: HaHa Clinton-Dix
All-time favorite Packers: Charles Woodson, Nick Collins, Leroy Butler
Favorite moment in team history: Nick Collins INT return for a TD in the Super Bowl.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: I root for the Texans second.
Hobbies outside of football: Film and nature.
Favorite movie: The Thing (1982)
Favorite TV Show: Stranger Things or Preacher
Favorite band: Project 86

I know I'm not a Packers fan but I have never hated and always respected the Packers (it's actually I'm jealous), but I do enjoy and good level headed discussion between two rival teams.

Your life
Name: Sean
State you were born in: Illinois
State you live in now: Texas
Something unique about you: Communication/Navigation Tech for KC-130 air craft in the Marines.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: I started when Brett Favre started tearing apart the NFL.
What made you become a fan: I'm not just a jealous Bears fan.
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers
All-time favorite Packers: Favre
Favorite moment in team history: Everytime the Bears win against them, since it is so infrequent lately.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Bears
Hobbies outside of football: Spartan Races
Favorite movie: Braveheart
Favorite TV Show: Westworld
Favorite band: Pantera

Hopefully you welcome me adn look forward to some good discussions.

Your life

28, married, 3 kids, 1 chocolate lab.

Something unique about you: I am planning on doing stand up comedy.

Your love of the Packers

When did you start following the Packers: You merely adopted the Green and Gold. I was born in it. Raised by it.

What made you become a fan: honestly, just really enjoyed playing it.

Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, Guion, Montgomery, Nelson, Randall. All-time favorite Packers: Woodson, Favre

Favorite moment in team history: Favre to Rison

I don't have a tremendous number of hobbys anymore because I work a lot and have family to care for, but I used to play a fair number of video games, I used to shoot clays a lot, and lately I have done just about everything that can be done to improve a house. Anything new will spark my interest.

Daily reader, rarely post. Gonna try to change that with this refreshed website.

Your life

Username: packerrfan74

State you were born in: California

State you live in now: North Carolina

Something unique about you: No Badgers/Packers guy here.. yall got a big ten rival, go Hawkeyes!

Your love of the Packers

When did you start following the Packers: I really started following the roster and watching every game when I was about 11. 

What made you become a fan: Family all from Iowa, so naturally Packers fans. Thrown in a Reggie White Jersey when I was like 5 and grandparents bought me a share that year.

Favorite current Packers: Mike Daniels, Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Haha, Aaron Ripkowski 

All-time favorite Packers: Aaron Kampman, Donald Driver, Al Harris, Nick Collins, Ahman Green

Favorite moment in team history: 2003 "We want the ball and we're gonna score." or the entire 2010 postseason

Hobbies and interests: Gamer. Primarily Rocket League and platformers. Fishing, DIY projects, and cooking. Who has time for that though with a wife, job, and house.

10 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Daily reader, rarely post. Gonna try to change that with this refreshed website.

Good to see you make it.  Let's see if we can get more of the regulars, and even the non-regulars to sign up for the beta test.  I'll send out a batch of PMs later tonight.  Let's put the Packers forum back on top...I'm tired of listening to iPwn talk about how active the Jaguars forum is.  If you know any other Packers posters outside of FF, reach out to them and get them in here right meow.

@bkobow05 @HorizontoZenith @skibrett15 @packerrfan74 @ChaRisMa @CentralFC

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Good to see you make it.  Let's see if we can get more of the regulars, and even the non-regulars to sign up for the beta test.  I'll send out a batch of PMs later tonight.  Let's put the Packers forum back on top...I'm tired of listening to iPwn talk about how active the Jaguars forum is.  If you know any other Packers posters outside of FF, reach out to them and get them in here right meow.

@bkobow05 @HorizontoZenith @skibrett15 @packerrfan74 @ChaRisMa @CentralFC

@CWood21 , to get into this beta, do you have to be an active member? I have a couple buddies who frequently read but arent even signed up with FF.. we also have a Facebook group for our local watch group that gets some good discussion and I know some of the guys and gals in there have expressed the desire for a wider platform to talk Packers.

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

@CWood21 , to get into this beta, do you have to be an active member? I have a couple buddies who frequently read but arent even signed up with FF.. we also have a Facebook group for our local watch group that gets some good discussion and I know some of the guys and gals in there have expressed the desire for a wider platform to talk Packers.

Correct.  If they're interested in, I'd probably have them sign up on the old FF, post a little bit, and then sign up for the beta test.  I'm not sure Webby will bring them over right away, but it wouldn't hurt to try if they're interested in talking Packers football.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Correct.  If they're interested in, I'd probably have them sign up on the old FF, post a little bit, and then sign up for the beta test.  I'm not sure Webby will bring them over right away, but it wouldn't hurt to try if they're interested in talking Packers football.

10-4, I'll send them all a message

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

@CWood21, the Jaguars aren't going to be doing much talking past week 7 this year, so I wouldn't worry about @iPwn talking too much crap about the activity levels of the Jaguars very much longer. 

We been bad for a decade and we're still here. We ain't going nowhere.