Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Helllllo.

My names Nate...long time “lurker” of these here parts.

ive defected from another forum...one that a certain “Norm” used to frequent.

i have prettier eyes than him, altho he has a fuller head of hair. #normsucks #jk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Your life
Username: GermanPacker
State you were born in: Bavaria / GER
State you live in now: Bavaria / GER
Something unique about you: Maybe the first Packersfan from Munich here in the forum?

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2005, the wildcard loss against the Vikings (it was my first football game ever)
What made you become a fan: honestly, i dont really know. in the match against the vikings i was cheering for the packers and so it started.
Favorite current Packers: Cobb, Rodgers and Daniels
All-time favorite Packers: Driver (also was my first jersey)
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Rams
Hobbies outside of football: Playing soccer and a season ticket holder for the FC Bayern Munich.
Favorite movie: Fight Club
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
Favorite band: German artists

38 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Do they include Neu, Faust, Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk (all of whom I like a lot), or are you more into something that isn't nearly 50 years old ?

Neu 'Hallogallo' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zndpi8tNZyQ

Welcome, by the way.

Never heard of the first three ones. xD Kraftwerk i know, but dont really hear them. I am more a fan of international less known bands and yes, most of them arent more than 10 years in business. :D

26 minutes ago, GermanPacker said:

Never heard of the first three ones. xD Kraftwerk i know, but dont really hear them. I am more a fan of international less known bands and yes, most of them arent more than 10 years in business. :D

Well, these people were among those that invented a new music form (appallingly labelled 'Krautrock', which didn't describe it at all). Often synthesizer- based, often minimalistic, and often with sampled sounds, it was a rejection of the sickeningly sweet music that preceeded it, and still one of my favourite genres, 50 years on. Try Tangerine Dream's album 'Riccochet', for a taste of it.

16 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Well, these people were among those that invented a new music form (appallingly labelled 'Krautrock', which didn't describe it at all). Often synthesizer- based, often minimalistic, and often with sampled sounds, it was a rejection of the sickeningly sweet music that preceeded it, and still one of my favourite genres, 50 years on. Try Tangerine Dream's album 'Riccochet', for a taste of it.

I will listen to the album. ;)

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 12:59 PM, CWood21 said:

A brand new forum means a brand new introductions thread.  Even if you're a previous returing poster, or someone whose checking out Football's Future for the first time stop by and say hello.  Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Your life
Username:  Norse 65
State you were born in:  Wisconsin
State you live in now: Wisconsin.
Something unique about you:  I  have hit a grand slam in baseball, bowled a 300 game, and had a hole in one. I'd rather play then watch.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: The 1960 NFL Championship
What made you become a fan: My crazy uncle from Green Bay. He would bite pillows and throw them at the TV. A true fanatic, which I was glad to become.
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, David Bahktiari, Corey Linsley, Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels
All-time favorite Packers: Ray Nitschke, Jim Taylor, Bart Starr, Herb Adderley, Lynn Dickey, Sterling Sharpe, Brett Favre, Reggie White, Charles Woodson.
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XXXI . The 70s and 80s were brutal.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers, Brewers
Hobbies outside of football: Photography
Favorite movie:  Star Wars, at the time it was revolutionary.
Favorite TV Show:  MASH
Favorite band:  The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Edited by Norse65
add name
  • Like 1

So many favorite players over so many years. I would be remiss without mentioning Max McGee and Larry McCarren, whose contributions to the Packers on and off the field were and are extraordinary. McGee was football's Bob Uecker and I listened to countless games over the years with him and Jim Erwin before streaming, and NFL packages. 

We did so because our local broadcaster, which is in Duluth Mn., would always televise the Vikings over Packers and there was no alternative but radio.

Edited by Norse65

4 hours ago, Norse65 said:

So many favorite players over so many years. I would be remiss without mentioning Max McGee and Larry McCarren, whose contributions to the Packers on and off the field were and are extraordinary. McGee was football's Bob Uecker and I listened to countless games over the years with him and Jim Erwin before streaming, and NFL packages. 

We did so because our local broadcaster, which is in Duluth Mn., would always televise the Vikings over Packers and there was no alternative but radio.

Welcome.   It looks like you and I started to watch Packers games around the same time.  Younger fans today don't remember the Dark Times of the 70s and 80s.  I pray we never go back there!