Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Your life
State you were born in: Texas
City you live in now: Houston
Something unique about you: The first letter I ever wrote in my life was to the Packers when I was in grade school. The packers mailed me back a team poster.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 4th grade
 What made you become a fan: First letter I wrote ever was to the Packers.  I picked them in Madden 1998 as well.
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Freeman and Matthews

Favorite Current Packers:  Rodgers, Adams, and Aaron Jones

Favorite moment in team history:  Probably when the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers when other teams passed on him.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: NBA- Rockets  MLB- Astros  College- University of Houston

Hobbies outside of football: Video Games, Traveling, WWE

Favorite Movie:  Drumline and Space Jam

Favorite TV Show:  None

Favorite Band:  None

P.S. I will be changing my username soon.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Your life
City you live in now: Houston
Something unique about you: The first letter I ever wrote in my life was to the Packers when I was in grade school. The packers mailed me back a team poster.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 4th grade
 What made you become a fan: First letter I wrote ever was to the Packers.  I picked them in Madden 1998 as well.
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Freeman and Matthews

Favorite Current Packers:  Rodgers, Adams, and Aaron Jones

Favorite moment in team history:  Probably when the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers when other teams passed on him.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: NBA- Rockets  MLB- Astros  College- University of Houston

Favorite Movie:  Drumline and Space Jam

P.S. I will be changing my username soon.

Noooooo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone :) I am a Packer fan from far away and I am looking forward to interesting discussions about the best NFL team and hope you are and will be all safe and healthy in this troubling times!

Your life
Username: AustrianPacker
State you were born in: Hungary
State you live in now: Austria
Something unique about you: I collect beer bottles, got more than 600 different ones

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2008
What made you become a fan: History, fact that GB is the only team without an owner 
Favorite current Packers: A Rod
All-time favorite Packers: A Rod & Jordy Nelson 
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Cowboys, Soccer: Rapid Vienna, Liverpool FC
Hobbies outside of football: Soccer
Favorite movie: Cider House Rules
Favorite TV Show: GoT
Favorite band: Mumford and Sons

Edited by AustrianPacker
  • Like 2

Welcome Austrian Packer!

As a young boy, my maternal great-great grandfather and his relatives lived in a little gypsy village about 20 miles from Vienna. Of course, back then gypsies and jews weren't too popular among some, so his direct family was fortunate enough to immigrate to the U.S. before the hatred and violence blew up. I still have the land grant paper signed by U.S. Grant that gave them their little farm plot near Cashton, Wisconsin. After arriving here, the family switched from making violins to growing tobacco. Our family name on my mother's side, was Dvorjak (sometimes spelled cjak). Wilhemena Petronella Dvorjak, my great grandmother's aunt, sang opera at the New York Met back in the day. All of my living relatives still have great affection for Austria because the native citizens for the most part were very accepting and protective of our kind. And it is so beautiful there. I am very glad to see you sign on.

I can't remember if I did one of these when I started this account:

Your life
Username: rcon14
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Wisconsin
Something unique about you: I was an incredibly mediocre DIII baseball player

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: As early as I can remember, realistically conscious of my fanhood around 2000-2001
What made you become a fan: I was born in Wisconsin, it's a religion here.
Favorite current Packers: Kenny Clark and Allen Lazard
All-time favorite Packers: Jordy Nelson and Prime Aaron Rodgers
Favorite moment in team history: Of course the Superb Owl

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Bucks, Brewers, Badgers BB and FB, Arsenal, USMNT, Minnesota United
Hobbies outside of football: Watching those teams and playing video games, I also occasionally do some sports blogging and spend too much time in Excel
Favorite movie: John Wick 2
Favorite TV Show: Sports (please send halp during COVID shutdown)
Favorite band: Don't really have a favorite band, but mostly listen to hip hop music or 2000s alt-pop

Edited by rcon14
ope
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:37 AM, rcon14 said:

I can't remember if I did one of these when I started this account:

Your life
Username: rcon14
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Wisconsin
Something unique about you: I was an incredibly mediocre DIII baseball player

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: As early as I can remember, realistically conscious of my fanhood around 2000-2001
What made you become a fan: I was born in Wisconsin, it's a religion here.
Favorite current Packers: Kenny Clark and Allen Lazard
All-time favorite Packers: Jordy Nelson and Prime Aaron Rodgers
Favorite moment in team history: Of course the Superb Owl

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Bucks, Brewers, Badgers BB and FB, Arsenal, USMNT, Minnesota United
Hobbies outside of football: Watching those teams and playing video games, I also occasionally do some sports blogging and spend too much time in Excel
Favorite movie: John Wick 2
Favorite TV Show: Sports (please send halp during COVID shutdown)
Favorite band: Don't really have a favorite band, but mostly listen to hip hop music or 2000s alt-pop

Why allen lazard if I may ask?

• 4 weeks later...

Your life
State you were born in: Toronto, Canada 
City you live in now: Toronto, Canada

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: The MNF game Favre had against Oakland when his dad had passed away. 
All-time favorite Packers: Ahman Green, Charles Woodson, Nick Collins 

Favorite Current Packers:  Davante Adams, Aaron Rodgers, Jaire Alexander, Kenny Clark 

Favorite moment in team history:  Definitely when the Packers sign Charles Woodson as a free agent. The second greatest FA signing since Reggie White. 

Your interests
Other favorite teams: NBA- Raptors  MLB- Blue Jaya  College- Florida State 

Favorite Movie:  Pursuit of Happiness, I am Legend and a few horrors movies 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello.

My name is Danijel, I live in Novo mesto, Slovenia (a small country in Europe bordering Croatia, Italy and Austria). Started watching NFL in 2013, a huge Packers fan and want us to win a Super Bowl so badly. We've come close since then a couple of times (that Seatlle loss crushed me) and I really believe this year we have a solid chance at winning it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CroCopNo1 said:

Hello.

My name is Danijel, I live in Novo mesto, Slovenia (a small country in Europe bordering Croatia, Italy and Austria). Started watching NFL in 2013, a huge Packers fan and want us to win a Super Bowl so badly. We've come close since then a couple of times (that Seatlle loss crushed me) and I really believe this year we have a solid chance at winning it.

Zdravo! My wife is slovenian, or a "dobra punčka" as her father used to call her. For Christmas I treated her to three beautiful loaves of potica from the old family recipe.

Welcome to the Packer family. Sorry you missed 2010. Let's try to give you your own Super Bowl memory. This offense is approaching true championship level. The defense is showing signs of being good enough to consider championship possibilities, and the Special Teams need to work harder at not being bad.

Keep in mind as you read the posts on this site that hindsight here is 50/50, we are being dominate deliberately, we kick the tires on every free agent in order to win the Superb Owl, and Norm is a computer generated online bot programmed by the NSA to spy on overseas accounts. I wouldn't interact with him if I were you.

Welcome CroCopNo1! My mother's grandparents came over on the boat from Bohemia. Not sure how to spell the village name but it sounded like Comanitzanedlipo or something like that. They made violins until the Nazis came along. So I am half gypsy and half German/Austrian. I really admire your long distance devotion to the Packers. Here's hoping we all can enjoy a Super celebration at the end of this season.

Your life
City you live in now: Lubbock
Something unique about you: I used to go by the name KiwiFan94 at my peak on here

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2nd grade
 What made you become a fan: LeRoy Butler 
All-time favorite Packers: LeRoy Butler // Nick Collins // KGB // Woodson

Favorite Current Packers: Rodgers // Adams // Alexander

Favorite moment in team history:  Nick Collins pick six in the super bowl

Your interests
Other favorite teams: NBA- Magic  MLB- Astros  College- Texas Tech

Hobbies outside of football: Hunting // Video Games // Family Time

Favorite Movie: Boyz in the Hood

Favorite TV Show:  Vikings