Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

On 7/13/2017 at 1:59 PM, CWood21 said:

A brand new forum means a brand new introductions thread.  Even if you're a previous returing poster, or someone whose checking out Football's Future for the first time stop by and say hello.  Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Your life
Username: CFC
State you were born in: Wisco
State you live in now: New York
Something unique about you: Know the U.S. presidents 1-45

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2000
What made you become a fan: 29-3 win over Arizona, 2000
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers (The GOAT), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, David Bakhtiari, Mike Daniels
All-time favorite Packers: Ray Nitschke, Bart Starr, Don Hutson, Ahman Green*, LeRoy Butler
Favorite moment in team history: (a) Al Harris' pick-six vs. Hasselback; (b) Rodgers' Hail Mary to Jeff Janis; (c) Rodgers' NFC North clinching touchdown to Cobb in 2013 at Chicago; (d) Rodgers' Hail Mary to Richard Rodgers to knock off MoTown in 2015; (e) Rodgers' 3rd and 10 game-clinching snipe to Jennings with 7+ minutes remaining in Super Bowl XLV; (f) Favre's 80 yard game-winning touchdown to Jennings at Denver in 2007; (g) Nate Poole's game-winning touchdown reception to knock the Vikings out of the 2003 playoffs and promote Green Bay to the Wild Card; (h) Favre's 2003 triumph over Oakland in the most adverse of circumstances; u

Your interests
Other favorite teams: MKE Bucks, MKE Brewers, NU Wildcats, UW Badgers, Manchester United, Men's USA National Team
Hobbies outside of football: Law, Politics, Literature, Writing
Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption, Step Brothers, The Green Mile
Favorite TV Show: The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Shameless, Malcom in the Middle, Family Guy, Ken Burns.
Favorite band: Metallica, Country, anything really.

Edited by CentralFC

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Not sure what you're getting at. 

Trying to calm Cwood down by pointing out the disparity between the Packers forum and the Jaguars forum.  Not that I have any reason to dislike the Jaguars and I hope they do better than they've been doing since I hate seeing so many chronically cupcake teams in the AFC.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Trying to calm Cwood down by pointing out the disparity between the Packers forum and the Jaguars forum.  Not that I have any reason to dislike the Jaguars and I hope they do better than they've been doing since I hate seeing so many chronically cupcake teams in the AFC.

Oh. His post was made in jest. He and I have talked a lot about how to get all forums to post more, so he was just using my early success getting the Jags forum up as a bit of a motivator for everyone else to post, like a "hey, if they can do it, so can we".

Hey guys - been an on and off poster for a long *** time. Might as well re-introduce myself and maybe get active again.

Username:ccecilnosebleed

State you were born in:Minnesota
State you live in now:Minnesota
Something unique about you: Worked as a professional musician for years, then owned an ice cream business, now work in tech

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: around age 5
What made you become a fan: In my blood - whole family is from Wisconsin and they are all rabid Packer fans. 
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Ha-HaClinton-Dix, Clay Matthews, Morgan Burnett
All-time favorite Packers: Ray Nitschke, Chuck Cecil (of course), Donald Driver, George Kooooonce
Favorite moment in team history: The last minute Rodgers to Cobb pass to beat the Bears and make the playoffs.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers, Bucks, Brewers
Hobbies outside of football: Cooking, Hunting, Fishing
Favorite movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
Favorite band: The Rolling Stones

23 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, I wasn't really overly concerned.  We are 3rd in team forum posts last I looked, and that's with a large majority of our regulars not active.

On 7/13/2017 at 0:59 PM, CWood21 said:

Your life
State you were born in: WI
State you live in now: WI
Something unique about you: Lived in Florida for 15 years

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: As early as I can remember
What made you become a fan: In my DNA
Favorite current Packers: A-Rod, Mike Daniels, HaHa
All-time favorite Packers: Antonio Freeman, Nick Collins, William Henderson, A-Rod, KGB
Favorite moment in team history: the two Super Bowls I was alive for

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Florida State football, Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers, Manchester United
Hobbies outside of football: sports, music, boating, my garden, my family
Favorite movie: probably Scarface
Favorite TV Show: power
Favorite band: Nas

On 7/14/2017 at 0:33 AM, CWood21 said:

Your life
Username: packerjmf
State you were born in: Michigan
State you live in now: Michigan
Something unique about you: I made the mistake of trying to live in Kansas for about 3 years after college.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Birth - my parents are both originally from Wisconsin. I have fond memories of making a scrapbook with my mom for our SuperBowl XXI season and winning those Packer kid trivia contests they used to have on the website back in the day.
What made you become a fan: Family, although it probably didn't hurt that we were always good when I was growing up.
Favorite current Packer(s): Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Corey Linsley, Haha Clinton-Dix
All-time favorite Packer(s): Jordy Nelson
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Wisconsin Badgers, Detroit Red Wings, Jordan Spieth, LeBron James
Hobbies outside of football: Data Science-y stuff, Reading, Critiquing Movies, Enjoying the Great Lakes
Favorite movie: The Empire Strikes Back
Favorite TV Show: LOST
Favorite band: Slow Club

Your life
Username:Dubz41
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Minnesota
Something unique about you: I moved to a school district with the nickname Packers so my kids could play for the Packers!

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: ever since I Could walk
What made you become a fan: Family
Favorite current Packers: ARod, D Adams, Crosby and Daniels
All-time favorite Packers:  Bart Starr, Willie Davis, John Brockington
Favorite moment in team history: Winning the '72 division (because we sucked back then)

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Brewers Bucks Badgers and any team with family on it.
Hobbies outside of football: golf, going to the lake, grandson
Favorite movie: Blazing Saddles
Favorite TV Show: NCIS

Favorite Band: Neil Young, Pink Floyd

Edited by Dubz41
update

On 7/13/2017 at 10:59 AM, CWood21 said:

Your life
Username:  CheeseheadinMA **Fun fact, I don't actually live in MA anymore
State you were born in: I was born in Colombia and moved to the US as an infant after getting adopted by a family from Connecticut
State you live in now: Oregon
Something unique about you: See "State you were born in" section

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: My dad was always a fan, but I probably started following seriously when I was 23 or 24...last few Favre years
What made you become a fan:  Getting out of college and dating a huge Patriots fan...wanted to be a girl who actually knew who the players were so I got super involved in a fantasy football league and got really into watching football
Favorite current Packers:  Jordy Nelson (I know, the chick on the board is into Jordy...), Ty Montgomery, Aaron Rodgers
All-time favorite Packers: Donald Driver, Charles Woodson, Nick Collins
Favorite moment in team history:  Both of Tramon William's interceptions in Atlanta playoff game in 2010

Your interests
Other favorite teams:  Hating all New York teams (but sometimes the Mets are okay)
Hobbies outside of football: snowboarding, spoiling the crap out of my dogs and cat, growing succulents, bar trivia
Favorite movie: High Fidelity; number two is The Emporer's New Groove
Favorite TV Show: Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Mad Men, Game of Thrones
Favorite band:  I feel like you know you're old when you can't name a "favorite band" anymore. I'm terribly out of the music loop but I used to listen to lots of indie stuff, like Fleet Foxes and The Shins and like Neutral Milk Hotel and all that. 

Hey guys! New year, back to visiting the site again. Last year I got depressed halfway through our losing streak and couldn't stand to look at the forums anymore. I only check the site when things are going good for the Pack, lol. I can't stand too much forum fighting. Hoping to contribute more but honestly you guys all know way more than I do, especially about defensive stuff. I learn a lot from reading your guys' opinions, especially most recently during the draft, great stuff!

Your life
Username: Cakeshoppe
State you were born in: California
State you live in now: California
Something unique about you: my family possesses what we believe to be the last remaining piece of president FDR's 52nd birthday cake

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: about age 13 (2003)
What made you become a fan: My brother started playing for the high school team and my 4th grade teacher had given me a GB hat after he took a trip to WI so when it came to pick a team I went with that
Favorite current Packers: Ty Montgomery
All-time favorite Packers: Nick Collins, Woodson, Driver
Favorite moment in team history: ATL game in the 2010 playoffs

Your interests
Other favorite teams:
Hobbies outside of football: Wildlife photography, I'd love to get into woodworking
Favorite movie: Primer
Favorite TV Show: Car Boys
Favorite band: at the moment, maybe Kidcrash

Your life
Username: BlondeonBlonde
State you were born in: Wisco
State you live in now: Wisco
Something unique about you: I can turn red lights green just by staring at them

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Mid-90s
What made you become a fan: An older brother took me to a game
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, HHCD, Nelson, Daniels, Bakh
All-time favorite Packers: Rodgers, Collins (met him recently), Woodson, Starr, Jim Taylor
Favorite moment in team history: Nick Collins pick-6 in XLV and winning the Halas Trophy in Chicago

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, Magic
Hobbies outside of football: Guitar, music, video games, drinking
Favorite movie: Almost Famous
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men or It's Always Sunny
Favorite band: Bob Dylan or Rolling Stones

Edited by BlondeonBlonde