Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

I made it over.....hopefully we keep it to the Packer Fans in this forum. I do not really value other pro football teams or their fans, and that is not going to change.

Your life
Username: PackFan4Life
State you were born in: WI
State you live in now: WI
Something unique about you: Retired! Going to retire from the Navy in a couple of years too.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: I was 4.
What made you become a fan: I was brought home from the hospital in a green and gold blanket.
Favorite current Packers: I kinda like Daniels- very underrated player IMO.
All-time favorite Packers: Charles Martin's hit on Jim McMahon always made me smile. I liked Chuck Cecil a lot too. Anyone who would beat the snot out of the opposition.
Favorite moment in team history: The SnowBowl was really cool. I also really enjoyed the Packers vs Seahawks playoff game in the snow when the Pack got behind early on some fumbles and then whipped their tail.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Ha. I watch a lot of college football. I like the Brewers too. Otherwise it is pretty much a waste of my time to ask about other teams.
Hobbies outside of football: I do a lot of fishing, hunting, gathering, gardening and helping out on my parents farm now in my retirement.
Favorite movie: I do not go to the movies- nothing out worth spending that kind of dough on.
Favorite TV Show: I do not really watch television. I catch the local news and pretty much laugh at the national news networks these days if I see it on.
Favorite band: No real favorites, I listen to what I want and turn it off if I do not like it.

Username:  mightybk
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now:  same
Something unique about you:   I work from home fulltime in IT

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:   lifetime
What made you become a fan:  born and raised in GB (and a season-ticket holder, Sect 118 row 7 seats 13-14)
Favorite current Packers:  Ripkowski
All-time favorite Packers:   Kuhn
Favorite moment in team history:   Bears instant replay game

Your interests
Other favorite teams:  Brewers, Badgers, Bucks
Hobbies outside of football:  woodworking, computers, music
Favorite movie:  The Longest Day
Favorite TV Show:  Forged in Fire
Favorite band:   Rush

Edited by mightybk

Your life
Username: Packer_ESP
State you were born in: Spain
State you live in now: Spain
Something unique about you: Nothing. I am not special. I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake. I'm the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2013
What made you become a fan: Being publicly owned and having a long and rich tradition
Favorite current Packers: Nelson, HaHa
All-time favorite Packers: Donald Driver even though I never watched him play
Favorite moment in team history: Rodgers to Cobb vs the Bears got me pretty pumped

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Nowadays I don't follow any other sport really.
Hobbies outside of football: Road cycling, playing WoW, watching series
Favorite movie: HEAT
Favorite TV Show: The Sopranos, The Wire. Currently Fargo, GoT
Favorite band: Porcupine Tree, The Dear Hunter, dredg, Agalloch

• Like 1

Your life
Username: Joyride15
Something unique about you: 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Birth (been on waiting list since 2 weeks old)
What made you become a fan: Always because of family. Lambeau in person 1st time sold it.
Favorite current Packers: AR, HHCD, Montgomery, Jordy
All-time favorite Packers: Leroy Butler
Favorite moment in team history: Rodgers vs ATL. January 16, 2011.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Bucks, Brewers
Hobbies outside of football: Tennis, rockclimbing, guitar
Favorite movie: Interstellar
Favorite TV Show: LOST
Favorite band: RHCP

Your life
Username:
State you live in now: Wisconsin
Something unique about you: My mere presence has closed the big cat house at the zoo... twice!!! I can never go to Africa because I will be eaten for sure.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 1994
What made you become a fan: Reggie and Favre 
Favorite current Packers: Aaron, Jordy, HaHa, Cobb, Daniels
All-time favorite Packers: Lombardi, Starr, Favre, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, Rodgers, Ahman Green, Donald Driver, Charles Woodson, Aaron Kampman.
Favorite moment in team history: SBXXXI, Freeman's MNF catch, SBXLV, Favre MNF after tragedy, Rodgers' 2011 season, Al Harris OT Pick Six

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Pittsburgh, Dallas, Chicago; the league is just more fun when rivals are competitive. More so players then teams though. Ex: Root for Joe Thomas, Julio Jones, Landon Collins; don't usually root for Cleveland, Atlanta, Gaints.
Hobbies outside of football: Outdoors, family (wife & 3 Boys under age 4
Favorite movie: Movie Buff.
Favorite TV Show: Simpsons, Goldbergs, Modern Family, HBO Productions
Favorite band: Pink Floyd

because some people get their panties in a bunch that I didn't pick just one movie. Finding Nemo

Edited by TheGreatZepp
Update

Dave's life
Username: Dave
State you live in now:  Missouri
Something unique about you:  

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:  I don't know.  About as long as I can remember.  I probably didn't watch a full game until the 89 season (we were really bad)
What made you become a fan:  Home town team
Favorite current Packers:  Whichever one is playing well.  Least favorite is whichever one is playing poorly.
All-time favorite Packers:  
Favorite moment in team history:  

Your interests
Other favorite teams:  Top 3: Packers, Packers, Packers
Hobbies outside of football:
Favorite movie:  Gojira
Favorite TV Show:  The Joy of Painting
Favorite band:  Nine Inch Nails

Your life
Username: Dwayne Johnson
State you were born in: Hailing from Parts Unknown
State you live in now: Florida
Something unique about you: I share a name with a character Mel Gibson played. I'll let you guess which one.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 1993
What made you become a fan: 
Favorite current Packers: Daniels & A.A.Ron
All-time favorite Packers: Woodson, W.Henderson & Kampman
Favorite moment in team history: The elation of watching Crosby's kick sail inside the left upright last year against the Cowboy's as time expired in the playoffs.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Braves
Hobbies outside of football: Performing music & creating art through multimedia.
Favorite movie: Jingle All the Way
Favorite TV Show: Psych
Favorite band: Prince

Edited by Csraverage

On 7/13/2017 at 0:59 PM, CWood21 said:

I made it!

Your life
Username:  Pugger (Peggy)
State you were born in:   Green Bay, WI
State you live in now:  FL
Something unique about you:  I am one of the very few ladies that post regularly around here.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:  Since I was in diapers  ;)
 What made you become a fan:  I started to go to games as a kid with my Dad in Section 24, row 30, seats 1 & 2.  My sister now sits there.
Favorite current Packers:  AR, Jordy, Bak, Ha Ha, CM3, 
All-time favorite Packers:  Bart
Favorite moment in team history:  Finally winning the Superb Owl in 1996 after all those years of poor football.

Your interests
Other favorite teams:  Brewers, Badgers, Marlins
Hobbies outside of football:  I am a Sweet Adeline and sing barbershop.
Favorite movie:  Meet Me In St. Louis (I love old musicals)
Favorite TV Show:  I really don't watch any particular shows regularly.  
Favorite band:  The Beatles

Edited by Pugger

Your life
Username: deltarich87
State you were born in: CA
State you live in now: CA
Something unique about you: left-handed, never had a cavity, was expelled from high school by NFL referee Pete Morelli(he's the Principal there). 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: As early as I can remember....so around 1993-1994
What made you become a fan: My Dad. Always had Packers memorabilia around the house and just seeing him rooting for the team. Just gravitated to that
Favorite current Packers: Mike Daniels, Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, HHCD, David Bakhtiari
All-time favorite Packers: Donald Driver, LeRoy Butler, Charles Woodson, Nick Collins, Ahman Green, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe
Favorite moment in team history:  Both SB wins as a whole, with SB XLV at the top since I was old enough to really savor it. Specific moments though...Nick Collins Pick-6 in SB XLV, Tramon Williams Pick-6 against ATL, Al Harris pick-6 in OT against Seattle, Brett Favre's game on MNF against the Raiders after his father died, 2007 divisional game in the snow against Seattle where Ryan Grant rushed for over 200 yards, Favre's OT winner at DEN to Jennings on MNF, Rodgers 6 TD's in a half vs CHI, Rodgers Hail Mary against Detroit, Rodgers hail mary against Cardinals, Rodgers 48 yard TD to Cobb on 4th and 8 to beat the Bears in Chicago for the division. Also, Week 17 in 2003 where the Packers needed to win and the Vikes needed to lose to the then 3-12 Cardinals in hopes of making the playoffs. We got this glorious result

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Angels(MLB), Sharks(NHL), Kings(NBA). Fan of NCAA football and basketball with no rooting interest in a single team
Hobbies outside of football: Film and TV, Music, bowling, exercise, traveling, reading, photography
Favorite movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark. I remember being 6-7 yrs old constantly going back to watch the opening of the ark scene because of how awesome it was
Favorite TV Show:  The Wire, The Sopranos, Parks and Rec, The Office, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Fargo,  The Leftovers, Freaks and Geeks
Favorite band: I like lots of music

Your life
State you were born in: Solid
State you live in now: Ontario, Canada
Something unique about you: I am widely well liked

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2008 - first year I started watching football seriously
What made you become a fan: I bought Madden and tried some teams out. The Packers sucked but I liked that they were unique being the only publicly owned team, and that they had a nice young handsome QB
Favourite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Kentrell Brice, Mike Daniels
All-time favourite Packers: Charles Woodson

Your interests
Other favourite teams: Jays, Michigan Wolverines
Hobbies outside of football: Used to be big into video games, just play a bit now. Big tv fan, cooking, tennis, editing all of the american spelling errors in lists made by CWood
Favourite movie: Shawshank or the Godfather
Favourite TV Show: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Chuck
Favourite band: Foo Fighters

Least favourite FF Mod: CWood

Your life
Username: SomeUglyDude
Something unique about you: Webbed feet

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 1989
What made you become a fan: My dad
Favorite current Packers: Mike Daniels
All-time favorite Packers: Probably Reggie White. 
Favorite moment in team history: CHARLES MARTIN FTW

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers? Bucks? White Sox?
Hobbies outside of football: Fishing & Crown Royal
Favorite movie: Super Troopers
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
Favorite band: Royal Blood

Edited by ugLymayNe
  • Like 1

Your life
Real name: Shahin
Country you were born in: Iran
State you live in now: California
Something unique about you: I'm probably the biggest nerd/geek in this forum, but also likely one of the most athletic people here.  

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: First football game was the '98 SB loss to the Broncos, and I rooted for the green and gold ever since
What made you become a fan: Brett Favre was fun to watch
Favorite current Packer(s): Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Mike Daniels, HaHa Clinton-Dix
All-time favorite Packer(s): Brett Favre, Sterling Sharpe, Reggie White, Charles Woodson and Aaron Rodgers 
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Sacramento Kings, Chelsea Football Club 
Hobbies outside of football: Basketball, soccer, ping pong, anything competitive. Enjoy playing video games, watching anime, reading manga and comic books, fantasy and sci fi 
Favorite movie: The Departed, The Thing, The Godfather series, Star Wars series, LOTR...too many to count. I love watching films
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
Favorite band: Wide range of genres I listen to, from old school rap to classic rock to EDM