Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Your life
Username: Thom_Tedson
State you were born in: Kentucky 
State you live in now: Massachusetts (My dislike of Brady is the only thing keeping me from becoming a full-blown masshole) 
Something unique about you: I play trombone for a "living"

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2003
What made you become a fan: Dated, and eventually married, a girl from GB
Favorite current Packers: Haha Clinton-Dix ?
All-time favorite Packers: Nelson
Favorite moment in team history: 2010 season, Nick Collins intercepts Cutler to clinch wildcard spot.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: NOT the Patriots
Hobbies outside of football: I like big books, PC Gaming, Home Brewing
Favorite movie: Empire Strikes Back
Favorite TV Show: TNG
Favorite band: I guess it would have to be the Beatles... pretty vanilla answer but true.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joe said:

Glad to see someone leave Packer Chatters. What an arrogant group of knobs. It's like trying to join a country club over there but without the perks of actually being a member of a country club. I'm sure our conversations here are just as stimulating as the ones over there.

You hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of the same political attitudes there too.

I'd been thing about leaving for sometime. Glad that the site shutting down finally gave me the motivation to leave.

Edited by Thom_Tedson

Just migrated over from Packer Chatters, where I was a poster/lurker for over ten years.

Your life
Username:  davekenya
State you were born in:  Wisconsin
State you live in now:  Washington
Something unique about you:  I've hand planted over 12000 trees (doug fir, cedar, hemlock mostly)

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:  1965
What made you become a fan:  Grew up 20 miles from Green Bay watching & listening to games.  Went to first game age 11
Favorite current Packers:  AR
All-time favorite Packers:  James Lofton, Brett
Favorite moment in team history:  2010 post season win in Atlanta, hiring Ron Wolfe

Your interests
Other favorite teams:  GS Warriors, Badgers
Hobbies outside of football:  Hiking, reading, traveling, snorkeling, knife collecting
Favorite movies:  Shawshank Redemption
Favorite TV Show:  Longmire, Luther
Favorite band:  Beatles; for obscure:  the Cars

Edited by davekenya
  • Like 1

I  ask this question every year at this time WHY IS JERRY KRAMER NOT IN THE HOF. And I never get a straight answer, I am not a Packer fan, but this has to be the biggest injustices in the history of the HOF voting. I lived thru the great Packers teams of the late sixties, both Jim Parker of the Colts and Kramer of the Packers, were the two best O lineman of that era. Ten times Kramer was a finalist in the voting but has never made it.

Coming over from the Packerchatters message board. Looking forward to chatting up on this one now.

Your life
Username: OnaBadger58
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Wisconsin

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: When I was born
What made you become a fan: My Grandparents live in Green Bay and my father is from Green Bay.
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, Adams, Bakhtiari, Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Collins, Woodson, Reggie, Sharpe, Rodgers
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV, Favre game after his dad's passing.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers, Miami []_[], Brewers, Bucks, Angels, Arsenal. 
Hobbies outside of football: Playing basketball, softball, and golf. Working out (minus the cardio).
Favorite movie: Memento, Prestige, Lucky Number Slevin, Space Jam.
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad, Curb your Enthusiasm, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, Always Sunny, & Chappelle Show.
Favorite artists: J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Logic, Kanye West.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OnaBadger58 said:

Coming over from the Packerchatters message board. Looking forward to chatting up on this one now.

Your life
Username: OnaBadger58
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Wisconsin

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: When I was born
What made you become a fan: My Grandparents live in Green Bay and my father is from Green Bay.
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, Adams, Bakhtiari, Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Collins, Woodson, Reggie, Sharpe, Rodgers
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl XLV, Favre game after his dad's passing.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers, Miami []_[], Brewers, Bucks, Angels, Arsenal. 
Hobbies outside of football: Playing basketball, softball, and golf. Working out (minus the cardio).
Favorite movie: Memento, Prestige, Lucky Number Slevin, Space Jam.
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad, Curb your Enthusiasm, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, Always Sunny, & Chappelle Show.
Favorite artists: J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Logic, Kanye West.

Was this your username over at PC?

Who did you cheer for in the Orange Bowl this year?

I had the same Username over at PC, but I didn't post too much. Mainly just read content. 

As for the Orange Bowl, I was rooting for the Badgers 100%. In 2009, when they played against each other in the Champs Sports Bowl, I honestly didn't kow who I was rooting for until the game took place. I quickly found out I was rooting for the Badgers. They will always be my #1 school (but I don't think I will love a team as much as I did the 2002 Hurricanes).

Another PC refugee checking in. Nice to see so many of you here.

Your life
Username: Lodestar
State you were born in: Nova Scotia, Canada
State you live in now: British Columbia, Canada

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: First memories are those Cowboys playoff losses in the '90s.
What made you become a fan: My dad and grandpa are both long-time Packers fans.
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, Nelson, Adams, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Clark, HaHa, King
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Rodgers, Nelson, Al Harris, Woodson
Favorite moment in team history: Not a Packers game, but I don't think I've ever been as excited as when Nate Poole caught that pass to get us into the playoffs.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Raptors, Blue Jays, Canucks (although I'm on hiatus with them until they get new management)
Hobbies outside of football: Reading, writing, camping, cooking
Favorite movie: Quiz Show
Favorite TV Show: The Wire
Favorite artists: Joanna Newsom, Ryan Adams, Wilco, The National, Sharon Van Etten, The War on Drugs, Kendrick Lamar

• Like 1

I used to be on the PC forums a long time ago, but my account was closed for some reason, so all I did was lurk on occasion.  Thought I'd register over here in case I ever got the urge to chat about the Packers.

Your life
Username: MaximusGluteus
State you were born in:  Kentucky
State you live in now:  Wisconsin

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:  in the mid-90's
What made you become a fan:  was surrounded by Packers football and it just came naturally
Favorite current Packers:  Aaron Rodgers, Blake Martinez
All-time favorite Packers:  Reggie White, Frank Winters
Favorite moment in team history:  Reggie White ending Super Bowl XXXI with a sack

Your interests
Other favorite teams:  Cubs, Penguins
Hobbies outside of football:  music, building stuff
Favorite movie:  Clerks
Favorite TV Show:  Brooklyn 99
Favorite artists:  The Dispatch, Angels & Airwaves, The Lumineers, Green Sky Bluegrass, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Atmosphere, too many others to mention

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1