Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Hey everyone, just signed up on a friends recommendation of the board. Coming over from Reddit which I could just not stand anymore. I'm from the Kenosha area and lifelong packer fan, looking forward to actual discussion instead of nonstop memes and hot takes.

• Like 1

Prost to everyone. I've been a seldom poster to other Packer message boards and a quiet reader here, but I think it's time to become more active ;)

Your life
Username: Gravedigger93
State you were born in: Bavaria, Germany (City: Munich)
State you live in now: Bavaria, Germany (City: Munich)
Something unique about you: My DNA, hopefully :P Probably one of the most frequent customers from Germany at Austin Straubel Intl Airport, Green Bay, during football season

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Super Bowl XXXI ---> ****ty fair weather fan
What made you become a fan: I watched the game, they mentioned the huge tradition, no single owner, BF4, Reggie and the Gilbert Burger
All-time favorite Packers: Hard to imagine with my nickname ;) it's Gilbert Brown
Favorite current Packers: All of them. It's a team and everyone has to contribute. If I had to pick a name, it's Reggie Gilbert.
Favorite moment in team history: The SB XLV was a highlight for sure, but becoming a fan of this franchise was way more important. So the appearance of Gilbert Brown again ;)

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Wisconsin Badgers, TSV München von 1860 (Div. 4 soccer - season ticket holder), Munich Cowboys (German Football League - voluntarily doing all the stats for them)
Hobbies outside of football: There is life without the Packers??? WTF??? You should have told me that before :P
Favorite things to do: Saving money and vacation from February to September and spending all of it during Packer season

Edited by Gravedigger93
  • Like 2

Your life
Username:SsgCujo
State you were born in:Wisconsin
State you live in now:Wisconsin
Something unique about you: The name says it all

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:1972
What made you become a fan:Family
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, David Bakhtiari, D. Adams
All-time favorite Packers: Lynn Dickey, James Lofton, Paul Coffman, Gary Ellis, Rich Wingo, Leroy Butler, Brett Favre, Sterling Sharpe, Reggie White, Charles Woodson, plus many more!
Favorite moment in team history: 1993 Wildcard game vs Lions @ the Silverdome; Farvre to Sharpe 40 yd TD, Sharpe getting pelted with pomp-pomps in endzone. Game that made Favre a legend! Wayne Fontes face after that TD is classic! First playoff win since 1982. The Packers have been mostly good since. Sharpe would be in the HOF if not for his injury. 

Your interests
Other favorite teams:Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, Marquette Warriors
Hobbies outside of football: Drinking GOOD beer-NO CRAPPY BEER!!!, Harley-Davidson, going to concerts, NFL Draft, going to breweries
Favorite movie: Conan the Barbarian, Animal House, Most Clint Eastwood movies, Most Marvel movies, Most Star War movies, Riddick movies
Favorite TV Show: The Punisher on Netflix, Vikings, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Gas Monkey, Iron Resurrection
Favorite band:Van Halen, Metallica, Megadeth, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, The Cult, Dokken, Sammy Hagar, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Rush, Motley Crue, Guns n' Roses, Alice in Chains, Volbeat, Frank Zappa, and many, many more!

Your life

Username: SSG

State you were born in: MI

State you live in now: MI

Your love of the Packers

When did you start following the Packers: When I was a young kid.  Step father brain washed me as a 2 year old and I've been a diehard ever since despite being neck deep in Lions country. 

Favorite current Packers: 12 and 87

All-time favorite Packers: 36, 21, 92, 74, 04, 12, 85, 30

Favorite moment in team history: Non-Super Bowls...... 86's miracle Monday night grab and  4's Monday night game against Oakland after the passing of his dad.

Your interests

Other favorite teams: Michigan Wolverines, Detroit Tigers

Hobbies outside of football: Running, Jeeping (wrenching on my TJ), Orangetheory, fantasy football

Favorite movie: way to many too name.

Favorite TV Show: Shameless, SOA, Dexter, Breaking Bad

Favorite band: ESPN sports talk

• Like 1

Never answered this. Not a Packer fan tho.

Your life
Username: gopherwrestler
State you were born in: Alaska
State you live in now: Minnesota
Something unique about you: I can clap with one hand.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: really never "followed" them, but I am a A-Rod fan.
What made you become a fan: A fan of A-Rod? When I watched him become probably the best all around QB of all time.
Favorite current Packers: A-Rod
All-time favorite Packers: A-Rod
Favorite moment in team history: Sounds dumb, but when A-Rod threw that pick to Trae Waynes. I like Waynes, so it was entertaining for me. Pretty much Waynes career turn-around point.

Least favorite moment in team history: That dumb catch Freeman made and ran into the endzone against the Vikings.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Vikings
Hobbies outside of football: Work..
Favorite movie: Unforgiven
Favorite TV Show: Dexter
Favorite band: AC/DC

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Run said:

Hey everyone, just signed up on a friends recommendation of the board. Coming over from Reddit which I could just not stand anymore. I'm from the Kenosha area and lifelong packer fan, looking forward to actual discussion instead of nonstop memes and hot takes.

that hornet sting looks gnarly bruh

State you were born in: MN

State you live in now: MN

Your love of the Packers

When did you start following the Packers: When I was young;

-  My dad was a Packer fan

- My great aunt was a nun in Wisconsin in Eau Claire. She would get me donated Packer swag for Christmas (got a 4 jersey and a starter jacket when I was 5)

Favorite current Packers: 52, 12

All-time favorite Packers: 4, 52, 12, 92, 93, 80, 30, 36 

Favorite moment in team history: Going to my first game with my old man in the dome, the "he did what" MNF game

Your interests

Other favorite teams: MN T Wolves

Hobbies outside of football: Running, fantasy football, hiking, traveling

Favorite movie: too many

Favorite TV Show: Random documentaries, Hawaii Five-O, Dr Who, Black Mirror

Favorite band: Green Day/Blink

• Like 1

Welcome pacman5252. Yet another ex PC finds their way here. Enjoy- this site can be pretty busy.

I often find myself on the other side to you of a discussion, but that isn't a bad thing. No difference of opinion = boredom....

Two pieces of advice.

You cannot post 'likes' until you have registered for a week or so. When you can, a small outline of a football will appear bottom left of a post. A sort of rookie rules thing.

In your profile, upload, then drag and drop a smallish picture over your avatar to get something other than a blank image. It doesn't have to be a round image (as I thought), if it is about the right size, it should 'take'.

Have fun.