Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Greetings All, another refugee from PC, now using the moniker JQ1. I registered a few weeks ago, and just checking in at present. ( - : #

Your life
Username:  JQ1 = JQ
State you were born in: Wisconsin (Eau Claire)
State you live in now: Western Oregon
Something unique about you: I can touch my nose with my tongue, not that it’s something you really want to do much!

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Probably about 1961, when we had a TV that could pick up Packer games.
What made you become a fan: As a Wisconsin-ite it was my Birthright!
Favorite current Packers: RIP,  Jordy, Kevin King, Davante, Kentrell Brice, Morgan Burnett, Kenny Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke, Charles Woodson, Dave Robinson, William Henderson
Favorite moment in team history: Destroying the Kansas City Chiefs in the first NFL Championship

Your interests
Other favorite teams: The Badgers, The Portland Trailblazers, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Hobbies outside of football: hiking, bicycling, motorcycling, birding, volunteer service endeavors, ECS, story writing and story telling
Favorite movie: too many to name
Favorite TV Show: I rarely watch TV, unless it’s a Packer game. 
Favorite band: I’m presently listening to quite a bit of Eilen Jewell,  Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy, Jason Isbell, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Greetings All, another refugee from PC, now using the moniker JQ1. I registered a few weeks ago, and just checking in at present. ( - : #

Your life
Username:  JQ1 = JQ
State you were born in: Wisconsin (Eau Claire)
State you live in now: Western Oregon
Something unique about you: I can touch my nose with my tongue, not that it’s something you really want to do much!

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Probably about 1961, when we had a TV that could pick up Packer games.
What made you become a fan: As a Wisconsin-ite it was my Birthright!
Favorite current Packers: RIP,  Jordy, Kevin King, Davante, Kentrell Brice, Morgan Burnett, Kenny Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke, Charles Woodson, Dave Robinson, William Henderson
Favorite moment in team history: Destroying the Kansas City Chiefs in the first NFL Championship

Your interests
Other favorite teams: The Badgers, The Portland Trailblazers, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Hobbies outside of football: hiking, bicycling, motorcycling, birding, volunteer service endeavors, ECS, story writing and story telling
Favorite movie: too many to name
Favorite TV Show: I rarely watch TV, unless it’s a Packer game. 
Favorite band: I’m presently listening to quite a bit of Eilen Jewell,  Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy, Jason Isbell, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Welcome!  I think you'll like it here.   :)

I liked the name Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, so I slipped over to youtube to listen to them (listened to 'Why Me'). It's a very long time since I heard Swing music, but they are amusing, the lead singer is very photogenic, and they are sharp musicians.

Welcome to the site.......

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

I liked the name Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, so I slipped over to youtube to listen to them (listened to 'Why Me'). It's a very long time since I heard Swing music, but they are amusing, and they are sharp musicians.

Welcome to the site.......

I like Big Band music and enjoy listening to those who were around back in the 40's.  The sound quality back then isn't as good as it is today.  I'll have take a listen to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy later on today too.  I never heard of them before.

53 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I like Big Band music and enjoy listening to those who were around back in the 40's.  The sound quality back then isn't as good as it is today.  I'll have take a listen to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy later on today too.  I never heard of them before.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

I learned to (east coast) swing dance a couple years back, and I actually prefer the original Big Band music from the 30s, 40s, and rock and roll and doo- wop from the 50s and 60s.

That written, these modern swing bands do a Terrific job of being true to the music, and they really are fun! I live between Eugene and Portland (OR), and there are many good swing bands that play up and down the Willamette Valley. So there’s lots of opportunities for my lady and me to practice!  Here’s a nice menu of selections by the Midnight Serenaders, who are a REALLY TIGHT jazz and swing group out of Portland:

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

My great uncle is 90 something and still sings in a couple of big bands.  It is a lot of fun to go watch him.  I always forget what they are called, we tend to drink, a lot, when the family gets together. 

@JQ1 I love the Godzilla avatar!

9 hours ago, JQ1 said:

I learned to (east coast) swing dance a couple years back, and I actually prefer the original Big Band music from the 30s, 40s, and rock and roll and doo- wop from the 50s and 60s.

That written, these modern swing bands do a Terrific job of being true to the music, and they really are fun! I live between Eugene and Portland (OR), and there are many good swing bands that play up and down the Willamette Valley. So there’s lots of opportunities for my lady and me to practice!  Here’s a nice menu of selections by the Midnight Serenaders, who are a REALLY TIGHT jazz and swing group out of Portland:

As a barbershopper I get a kick out of doo-wop.

Your life
Username: Moretti19
State you were born in: California
State you live in now: MA
Something unique about you: I played professional rugby

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: My entire life.
What made you become a fan: I've always have been not sure why.
Favorite current Packers: Ty Montgomery ( Wished we utilized him as a wr out of the backfield more)
All-time favorite Packers: BJ Raji, Sam Shield, Al Harris, Mike McKenzie
Favorite moment in team history: BJ Raji interception, James Starks playoff performance

Your interests
Other favorite teams: USA Eagles
Hobbies outside of football: I play on the National Armed Forces Rugby Team, with a daughter though my time is coming to an end.
Favorite movie: Hangover
Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory
Favorite band: NA

Your life
Username: Barnettosu
State you were born in: Oregon
State you live in now: Oregon
Something unique about you: Good question 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:  Earliest games I can remember was the 1996 season. 
What made you become a fan: Grandpa is originally from Wisconsin. So it transferred over
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers duh...., Martinez, Clark 
All-time favorite Packers: Ahman Green, Favre, Rodgers, Woodson 
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl Rodgers first Superb Owl. More to come 

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Chargers
Hobbies outside of football: Play in a men’s baseball league, computers 
Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption 
Favorite TV Show: Rick and Morty
Favorite band: Metallica

Long time lurker, occasional poster. Been around since 2007 but never really posted much. Figured I’d finally introduce myself after 11 years. Go Pack!

• Like 2