Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

I haven't often posted here this year, mainly due to a lack of passion for the NFL that I've had in previous years, but I thought why not pay a visit anyway.

Your life
Username: kgthekid
State you were born in: Washington, DC
State you live in now: Maryland
Something unique about you: I don't like cheese or chocolate. My brother played D1 basketball.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: The 1997 season
What made you become a fan: Their colors, and using them in Madden '97, which pretty much taught me football
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Daniels, David Bakhtiari, Nick Perry, Jordy Nelson
All-time favorite Packers: Charles Woodson, Reggie White, Nick Collins, KGB
Favorite moment in team history: Collins' pick-6 in SB 45, Matthews' forced fumble in SB 45, Tramon's INTs against the Eagles and Falcons in 2010, Freeman's MNF catch against the Vikings, being in attendance to see the Packers win the wild card game in January 2016, Week 17 in 2003

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Washington Wizards, Atlanta Braves, Everton Football Club, DC United, Washington Capitals (although at this point I can't be bothered to watch them during the regular season anymore), Penn State Nittany Lions
Hobbies outside of football: other than watching sports...video games, trivia...but to be honest, I feel like I've been losing interest in a lot of things I used to enjoy
Favorite movie: The Shawshank Redemption, Superbad, Back to the Future
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones (although at this point watching it feels more obligatory than enjoyable), Jeopardy, Hey Arnold, Key & Peele
Favorite artists: Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Run the Jewels, Rush, Slaughterhouse, Tech N9ne

Edited by kgthekid

• 1 month later...

Your life
Username: green machine
State you were born in: WI
State you live in now: WI
Something unique about you:  can remember details of Packer trivia

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: life
What made you become a fan: Born in a Packer family
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers
All-time favorite Packers: Nitschke
Favorite moment in team history: Ice Bowl

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers
Hobbies outside of football: Highway enthusiast
Favorite movie: original Star Wars
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy
Favorite band: The Who

• Like 1

Your life
Username: OneTwoSixFive
State you were born in: England (not New England)
State you live in now: same
Something unique about you: No one thing. It's the combinations that make people interesting. 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Started watching American Football about 1985 (the year of the Bears). Decided to pick a team in 1988. I chose the Packers as an underdog, since they were not a good team then. I had no idea (at that time) of their unique history. They've rewarded me with a great sustained run
What made you become a fan: Thought I'd get more from the game if I picked one team and followed them.
Favorite current Packers: Let me think...........Kenny Clark perhaps ?
All-time favorite Packers: Charles Woodson - he did things his way and made everyone better.
Favorite moment in team history: Not one in particular.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Like the 49ers.
Hobbies outside of football: Music, Fishing, Golf, D&D
Favorite movie: Loads to choose from, Anything from the strange and cinematic Fellini's 'Roma',  to the amusing 'Red', the gritty Bourne series,  some comedy-horror kung-fu, African Queen, Collateral, Miyazaki's 'Spirited Away' .
Favorite TV Show: Have watched NCIS for years. Loved the short but spectacular  'The Lost Room', such a classic, so few episodes.
Favorite band: Oh God, erm. 1969-1970 was the best ever music (imo). I loved the German electronic stuff (Kraftwerk, Neu, Tangerine Dream), Hendrix, LedZep,  Cream, Floyd. Solo artists like Estas Tonne and Neal Young (Neal's stuff is not really one guy, but it is excellent). I love unique voices (male or female), especially when it goes with imaginative instrumentals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Your life
Username: OneTwoSixFive
State you were born in: England (not New England)
State you live in now: same
Something unique about you: No one thing. It's the combinations that make people interesting. 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Started watching American Football about 1985 (the year of the Bears). Decided to pick a team in 1988. I chose the Packers as an underdog, since they were not a good team then. I had no idea (at that time) of their unique history. They've rewarded me with a great sustained run
What made you become a fan: Thought I'd get more from the game if I picked one team and followed them.
Favorite current Packers: Let me think...........Kenny Clark perhaps ?
All-time favorite Packers: Charles Woodson - he did things his way and made everyone better.
Favorite moment in team history: Not one in particular.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Like the 49ers.
Hobbies outside of football: Music, Fishing, Golf, D&D
Favorite movie: Loads to choose from, Anything from the strange and cinematic Fellini's 'Roma',  to the amusing 'Red', the gritty Bourne series,  some comedy-horror kung-fu, African Queen, Collateral, Miyazaki's 'Spirited Away' .
Favorite TV Show: Have watched NCIS for years. Loved the short but spectacular  'The Lost Room', such a classic, so few episodes.
Favorite band: Oh God, erm. 1969-1970 was the best ever music (imo). I loved the German electronic stuff (Kraftwerk, Neu, Tangerine Dream), Hendrix, LedZep,  Cream, Floyd. Solo artists like Estas Tonne and Neal Young (Neal's stuff is not really one guy, but it is excellent). I love unique voices (male or female), especially when it goes with imaginative instrumentals.

Welcome!  I'm glad you found us.  I think you'll like this place.  I didn't know you live in England.  :)

On 7/13/2017 at 12:59 PM, CWood21 said:

A brand new forum means a brand new introductions thread.  Even if you're a previous returing poster, or someone whose checking out Football's Future for the first time stop by and say hello.  Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Your life
Username:  66fan
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Wisconsin
Something unique about you:  I am a follower of Jesus Christ and I am a Farmer 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:  The day I was born
What made you become a fan:  Family passion
Favorite current Packers: Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rodgers
All-time favorite Packers:  Ray Nitschke, Brett Favre, Chuck Cecil, Reggie White 
Favorite moment in team history: Winning Super Bowl in 1997

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers
Hobbies outside of football:  Spending time with my family
Favorite movie:  It's A Wonderful Life
Favorite TV Show: Modern Family
Favorite band:  Casting Crowns

• Like 1

Your life
Username: Hands
State you were born in: Ft. Benning, GA
State you live in now: Texas
Something unique about you: Award winning author

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 1963
What made you become a fan: My father liked them
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Kenny Clark 
All-time favorite Packers: Jim Taylor, Fred Carr (LB)
Favorite moment in team history: Dandy Don throwing the interception under pressure in the last play of the 1966 NFL Championship followed by being present in Dallas and seeing the Packers win their last SB!

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Texas Longhorns (son and my money went there) and the VMI Keydets
Hobbies outside of football: Write action adventure books, read, hike, and enjoy a good action flick on TV.
Favorite movie: Saving Private Ryan
Favorite TV Show: Whatever my son is producing
Favorite band: Jim Croce/ Imagine Dragons

Heimdallr likes this

•  
  •  
  • Quote; In the land of the blind....the one eye man is king!
Edited by Hands
  • Like 1

Your life
Username: VicPez
State you were born in: The U.P.
State you live in now: The U.P. -- but I should be in Massachusetts by summer
Something unique about you: I spent a year working in my alma mater's sports information department after graduating.  Not something I ended up wanting to make a career out of, but definitely something that was informative in terms of understanding college athletics.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2006
What made you become a fan: My family.
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Kenny Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Brett Favre, Donald Driver
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl 45

Your interests
Other favorite teams: n/a
Hobbies outside of football: Reading, writing, chess.
Favorite movie: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Favorite TV Show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Favorite band: Rush

• Like 1

Your life
Username:  northernpackfan
State you were born in: Saskatchewan, Canada
State you live in now: Saskatchewan, Canada

Something unique about you: Both football teams I cheer for are community-owned.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: mid-teens
What made you become a fan: When I was younger, all of our American TV stations were from Michigan. As a result, I was forced to watch a lot of Lions’ games, and since they were so awful in the late 80s, I felt compelled to pick one of their rivals. I picked the Packers because I thought Don Majikowski had such a great name, and the rest is history. 
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, HaHa Clinton Dix
All-time favorite Packers:  Brett Favre, Reggie White 
Favorite moment in team history: Other than the SuperBowls, it has to be when Favre came back to Lambeau to have his number retired.

Your interests
Other favorite teams:

NY Yankees and Detroit Red Wings
Hobbies outside of football: 
Favorite movie: Rounders
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
Favorite band: The Black Crows

• Like 1

Username: Leader

State you were born in:  New Jersey

State you live in now: Florida

Something unique about you: I think everybody's unique in their own way.

Your love of the Packers

When did you start following the Packers:  Became a Packer fan back in the Frozen Tundra days.

What made you become a fan: It just kinda happened.

Favorite current Packers: Dont really think in "favorite this or that" terms.

All-time favorite Packers: See above.

Favorite moment in team history: See two (2) answers up.

Your interests

Hobbies outside of football: All kinds of good stuff.

Favorite movie: In no particular order......Inherit The Wind ; 2001 A Space Odyssey ; Clockwork Orange ; A Wonderful Life ; Network ; Dr. Strangelove....

Favorite TV Show: Dont really watch TV shows. Not if I can avoid it at least.

Favorite band: If I had to pick one....do I have to pick one? Okay - Led Zeppelin.

Edited by Leader

Your life
Username: Toddfather
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Florida
Something unique about you: Hmm. I love being an RN. Going to be starting in the ER soon, so that's cool, haha. 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Since I started getting into football
What made you become a fan: Watching the games with my dad on Sunday
Favorite current Packers: I guess 12. I like a lot of the players though. The Favre departure really made me realize how much I am about the team first.
All-time favorite Packers: so many
Favorite moment in team history: Probably the two super bowl wins in my life time. That 2007 season with Favre;s revival was pretty cool too.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers, Bucks, 
Hobbies outside of football: Music, xbox360, motorcycles, 
Favorite movie: Ghostbusters
Favorite TV Show: So many
Favorite band: So many. It;s all about the day I'm having. 

Just wanted to say this looks like a cool forum. I'm coming over with some others from Packer Chatters. Look forward to joining you all in discussion. Especially, with the way this offseason could go. 

• Like 1

I followed the PackerChatters group here (though I was active on the cesspool that was SportsBubbler and remain active on BSS).

Your life
Username: Striker
State Country you were born in: South Korea (raised in WI)
State you live in now: Wisconsin
Something unique about you: I played poker as a FT job for a while.

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Forever?
What made you become a fan: Shared passion with my dad. 
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers is an easy answer. Or Davante Adams.
All-time favorite Packers: Starr, Favre, Charles Woodson. Tom Crabtree is the best Twitter follow though.
Favorite moment in team history: 2010 playoffs.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers.
Hobbies outside of football: Poker, DFS, theatre, gaming.  
Favorite movie: Star Wars.
Favorite TV Show: Variable between The Office, The Simpsons, and Futurama.
Favorite band: I'll stick with Dave Matthews.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

Just a heads up to the newer posters, there are going to be some limitations early on in your FF experience.  You get a limited number of posts during your "New Member" phase.  You'll move into the "Member" group soon enough, so continue to check back in daily and talk some Packer football.  If you've got any concerns, questions, or just want to rant myself and @Packerraymond are the forum mods.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Just a heads up to the newer posters, there are going to be some limitations early on in your FF experience.  You get a limited number of posts during your "New Member" phase.  You'll move into the "Member" group soon enough, so continue to check back in daily and talk some Packer football.  If you've got any concerns, questions, or just want to rant myself and @Packerraymond are the forum mods.

So we can't get 1000 posts our first day here? Damn.