Sign in to follow this  
MKnight82

Redskins Sign OL Austin Howard

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/05/washington-signing-austin-howard/ 

"Howard, 31, has played left tackle, right tackle and right guard in his career. He has played 92 games with 88 starts for the Raiders, Eagles, Jets and Ravens.

Howard started all 16 games at right tackle for the Ravens last season.

The Colts cut him coming out of this preseason."

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/05/washington-signing-austin-howard/ 

"Howard, 31, has played left tackle, right tackle and right guard in his career. He has played 92 games with 88 starts for the Raiders, Eagles, Jets and Ravens.

Ugh, just reading an article says he plays like he 's 60. Can't move, can't bend , feet of concrete. Colts cut him for a reason . This is pure desperation. I'd find someone's young practice squad guy and try him .

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Might want to update. We signed Johnathan cooper and  Bowanko

Bowanko was Moses's teammate in college. Maybe come chemistry there. Cooper is very talented and still relatively young,maybe he can get something going here.

I really like the Cooper signing. I remember him having an awesome game against us last year when he was on the cowboys. 

Why is C Casey Dunn on the roster .. All this O line need and I haven't heard his name mentioned as being of any consideration or help - 

He’s our super secret weapon. 

In reality it looks very bad to release your priority free agent you spent cash on. So we bring in the scrubs cause Allen can’t look bad 

Didn’t we sign Jonathan Cooper too?

I’m fine with Howard, he’s a jag that we can use at OG & RT. He’s about the same as Lauvao without the experience in our offense though and probably not as good at pulling.

It wouldn’t shock me if our starting OL this week is:

LT: Nsekhe

LG: Cooper

C: Roullier 

RG: Bergstrom 

RT: Moses

Edited by turtle28