Le'Veon Bell -Farewell Miami

Pool

I'd mentioned this to @FourThreeMafia in the GDT yesterday, and I realize that it's technically not kosher per the CBA (though it's the sort of thing where both player and team win so it's possible it just would get a blind eye turned to it), but I could see a scenario wherein Bell and the Steelers reach an agreement wherein he doesn't actually report, doesn't accrue the year of service, and the Steelers as a result would be able to tag him again at the exact same amount next season, but would opt not to because they'd be able to carry over that unspent (if he doesn't report, doesn't sign the tender, he's not under-contract and doesn't receive game checks) cap-space from the tag this year to next year... and then end up using that (additional) 2019 cap-space as a means to extending Conner at a deal at (or possibly slightly less given less years of production) an amount similar to the one Bell turned down to start all of this.

Le'Veon Bell has not had contact with the Pittsburgh Steelers this week, sources tell ESPN, and barring an unforeseen development in the next few days, is not expected to report to the team in time for Thursday night's game against the Panthers, increasing the possibility that the star running back will not play at all this season.

52 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

hope Cleveland signs him as a free agent man would I love to see him play verses pitt

We don't really need him. Our RB's are more than fine right now and while Bell would be an upgrade, he's not nearly THAT significant of an upgrade to warrant a supremely high contract. I'd pass on him all day every day. The Browns don't need to upgrade a (B+) RB room to an (A) RB room at that cost.

Archived