Le'Veon Bell -Farewell Miami

Pool

14 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I always thought the OL deserves credit when a RB is putting up stats. This bell saga is a great example and it could cost RB's a bit, but also make OL a bit.  Bell KNOWS that if he goes to a mediocre OL he will be lacking in stats, a reason he never signed before the trade deadline IMO.  

Steelers OL is decent. I don't thibk his main concern was putting up stats but it was getting used to the ground and ending up like DeMarco Murray

1 hour ago, Activated10 said:

Steelers OL is decent. I don't thibk his main concern was putting up stats but it was getting used to the ground and ending up like DeMarco Murray

agree about this, but if he would have signed . He never signed, could have played for another team if traded but never signed. He will be able to choose his team next season and count on it, he won't go to a team with a bad OL.  

With any luck maybe he will tear an ACL on a treadmill at LA Fitness and then we can end all this Le'Veon Bell back to Pittsburgh talk once and for all. This guy needs to realize that none of the fans none of the players in Pittsburgh give a crap about him anymore and we don't need him

Also it doesn't matter if next year's franchise tag constitutes as the third highest amount or the second the only chance of getting tagged next year is if the Steelers put the transition tag on him. They're not going to waste their time signing him to a franchise tag again unless it does constitute amount and then they decide to screw him over throw the franchise tag on him and see if he's ballsy enough to hold out for another entire season. The city of Pittsburgh is completely and utterly over Le'Veon Bell. This whole holding out thing it's going to be addressed significantly in the next CBA negotiation of that I have no doubt because Le'Veon Bell's holdout is prime example of a broken system. A player I am sorry should not be able to hold out an entire season on a franchise tag they shouldn't even be able to hold out beyond the trade deadline. I do completely understand that being able to hold out in general is one of the few self defense mechanisms that players have and that is fine but what is going on with Le'Veon Bell is beyond ridiculous. So much so that frankly in the next CBA I really hope they do away with franchise tags completely outside of the transition tag which I think is actually the better choice anyway because then both the team and the player have equal footing in a way. As the team you get to place a tag on them for a specific amount and as other teams that might be interested in him it's sort of like free agency in the sense that you can make him an offer and has the team that controls him you can either match that offer or you can essentially let him partake the free agency route in a sense of signing with someone else who ever made the offer. I mean it's not a Flawless system but I think the transition tag is the only tag that should exist.

It's November, and Bell's camp still doesn't know if they're going to show up or not. They didn't have a long term plan. That's the only thing apparent to me at this point. The Steelers prepared (more than even a lot of Steelers fans thought) and Bell's camp? Just...

Why would anyone think at this point that this guy is going to make up the money lost this year with next year's deal, let alone match what the Steelers offered him? It's not going to happen. He's far, far dumber than Mike Wallace.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:16 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

He offers value in all phases of the game.

His skills arent what should scare teams away....he is worth a nice contract....just not as nice as he wanted.

His attitude is what should really scare teams.   Not that he wanted to get paid....I understand and respect that.   Its how he went about it that should scare some teams away.

What did he do beside just politely refuse to be screwed?

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

With any luck maybe he will tear an ACL on a treadmill at LA Fitness and then we can end all this Le'Veon Bell back to Pittsburgh talk once and for all. This guy needs to realize that none of the fans none of the players in Pittsburgh give a crap about him anymore and we don't need him

Goddamn some of y'all are saltier than a bride left at the alter.

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Goddamn some of y'all are saltier than a bride left at the alter.

Listen I don't have an issue with Le'Veon Bell wanting to be paid and I didn't initially have a problem with his holdout. But my God man enough is enough he is acting like an immature little child. Le'Veon Bell when healthy and in football condition is probably the best or damn close to the best running back in the league but he is not worth this headache. There were a time where Steelers fans loved and maybe some still do so that they can deal with his drama.

And yes when that team ends up being the New England Patriots which I really have a feeling it will be I'll probably regret saying that I'll be glad when he plays for somebody else but I don't even care at this point

26 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

What did he do beside just politely refuse to be screwed?

He apparently had lied to teammates about when he was going to show up. He continuously cries that he is the victim. Those are probably the biggest things. If he hadn't mislead his teammates to begin with, he wouldn't have nearly the problem returning to the team, but that's far too late. He claimed he was trying to reset the market for RBs for the greater good of the other players, but he was doing it for himself. If he thought that getting higher wages for RBs would benefit RBs and not hurt anyone else, he is delusional because of the salary cap. If RBs get paid more, that money comes at the expense of another position.

14 hours ago, wwhickok said:

or if we just wait until the deadline nov 13 that will also work. I want him to stay healthy and have no excuses when he lands this mega deal  and flops because the OL and supporting cast isn't as good.  

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Le'Veon Bell when healthy and in football condition is probably the best or damn close to the best running back in the league but he is not worth this headache.

In 2016, no doubt I agree with this  but problem is,  this isn't even the case anymore  other than the headache ;)

First he has issues with injuries due to his playing style. Then he wasn't near the condition in 2017 as he was in 2016, that as a fan even I noticed immediately and it never got much better, so as of now he is  over the 2016 prime until proven otherwise . 

Several players are very comparable 2018 or better than bell was in 2017, Connor, Gurley, Kamara, Hunt, Barkley, DJ, Gordon, Elliot, Mcaffery are all very capable . That is  just under a 1/3 of the teams have a comparable player and in 2019 add a draft pick or 2 and we are at a 1/3.  In 2015 though, it was quite different and back then I understood the hype for Bell but the newer RB's since have caught on and Bell in short time is no longer an exception and  doesn't  deserve  30% more salary  than the next best RB for example 

Once you filter out teams that have a high draft pick recent  RB or are set at RB, that lack cap space, who is left for the bell sweepstakes ? Of those teams, which have decent OL's

His value has dropped and if Connor gets 20TD's and AB gets 18 TD's, that doesn't help either.  Then if he gets lazy and is heavy, a team offering the mega deal might want to verify this is the 2016 Bell, not the 2017 bell.  

It's nice to know that he won't play this year and it's over for steeler fans. Finally move on and accept the fact that they don't need to keep a spot on the roster for bell and can make necessary roster moves to help the team moving forward. 

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why would it be a QB tag? Can someone break this down for a friend?

From what I have read, the 3rd tag is said to be the average of the top 5 salaries in the ENTIRE league. So they are just  applying the QB designation to give fans an idea since QB's usually own the top salaries, but since Mack and Donald got new deals, they should reconsider the slang.  I would expect Donald, Mack, Rodgers and 2 other top salaries averaged, that would be the tag value for taco bell next season approx $25+. If colbert does this, then  should be fired.

Archived