Le'Veon Bell -Farewell Miami

Pool

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Bell has a ton of red flags...and he had a few more this year. It’s why the Steelers didn’t pay him top dollar and it’s why I’d be shocked if he breaks the bank next year. Is he really going to make a ton more money than Mark Ingram? Considering his red flags, he shouldn’t. 

unless bell goes to a good OL team, he won't be in the top 10 in rushing but could still be in the top 5 tier for RB's in receiving yards if thats what a team want to pay about $18M guaranteed per for.   

Well, it's pretty simple, if Bell gets a better offer in 2019 FA, then this will have paid off. If he doesn't, then this will have been mistake. I believe the final offer was $70M over 5 years, easy to shed after 2 years, with only $10M in true guaranteed, and $33M guaranteed over the first 2 years. Understandable to see why you'd turn down what essentially looks like a mediocre franchise tag hidden in a long term contract. I think he'll be able to get at least a 3 year, $45M, $30M guaranteed at signing type of deal. Heavy workload thus far but 1 year off and only going to be 27 heading in 2019 season.

The 2017 RB class made the ones before and after it obsolete. There are currently 12 starters from that class, including: Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, Jones, Cohen, Carson, Conner, Hunt, Mack, and Breida. That doesn’t even include Foreman who could very well be the Texans starter at some point once he gets healthy. That’s over a third of the starting RBs in the NFL!

On 11/11/2018 at 12:16 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

Nah he's a victim. Steelers are an organisation with rich history, championships and generally good history of treating players well.

He's one man. One player who is just looking out for himself and his money. The organisation as a whole is just held to a higher standard than how they acted in this children's episode.

You can't throw your own teammate under a bus when he negotiates for money. Keep another man's money outta your mouth. It's a golden unwritten rule as old as time.

You guys created a terrible enviroment for him, if a man refuses to play for you why do you demand until the end of time you have to keep him on your roster even if he has no benefit to you on the field ?

Calling me a troll isn't wiping away how bad your organisation and players look in this whole ordeal. It's all kinds of scummy.

The degree of maturity expected from a locker room and an old ogranization as the Steelers is NO where close you can expect to get from Bell.

It's like an adult throwing a fit at a kid for eating his ice cream.

Handled this whole ordeal like a hot mess and you best believe rest of the players are watching this in the NFL when it comes to Free Agency.

Your organisation didn't have any concern for the best interests for Bell. none. top to down. All I need to say. why should he then ?

He was offered a 70 million dollar contract.  The richest contract in NFL history for his position....... But because it wasn't the "franchise QB money" that he's demanding we should feel bad for Bell?  The Steelers stuck by Bell through multiple NFL suspensions as he tried to piss his NFL career away but that's completely ignored in the witch hunt to trash their organization.

I don't understand the idea that contracts are suddenly ONLY about the guaranteed money.  Aaron Rodgers signed a 5 year 110 Million dollar contract in 2013 with only 63 million of it guaranteed (richest contract in NFL history at the time).  The final number mattered a lot more than the guaranteed money and he's going to collect every cent of that deal.  Why is it suddenly offensive to Bell to offer him the richest contract in NFL history for his position?  

The fact a player is focused on the guaranteed money and only the guaranteed money is concerning.  Could show that he's got little to no interest in giving full effort once that contract is signed.  Given his multiple suspensions and lack of commitment to the league, he's an Albert Haynsworth caliber of character risk IMO.  The rap game life style is a lot more enticing than the grind that is the NFL.

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

unless bell goes to a good OL team, he won't be in the top 10 in rushing but could still be in the top 5 tier for RB's in receiving yards if thats what a team want to pay about $18M guaranteed per for.   

Matt Breida, Nick Chubb, and Phillip Lindsay are top 10 rushers right now. You honestly don’t believe Le’Veon would be a top 10 rusher in most destinations (pending health)?

2 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

So he gave up 14.5M? Thats a huge gamble for taking the year off. I can see both sides of it, but he was still getting paid well even with that contract they offered him. He's not getting QB money.

There might be a team give him close to 20 a year and it will be a losing organization and more proof why they are losers. You can't pay a running back what Bell wants. I don't care what he does out of the backfield receiving. 

He's had over 400 touches each of the last 2 years. His body needed a year off, but I don't expect his production to match anywhere close to 2016 or 2017. 

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Matt Breida, Nick Chubb, and Phillip Lindsay are top 10 rushers right now. You honestly don’t believe Le’Veon would be a top 10 rusher in most destinations (pending health)?

I think Kerryon Johnson is currently around 11th in rushing and he barely got work the fist few weeks of the season.

14 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I think Kerryon Johnson is currently around 11th in rushing and he barely got work the fist few weeks of the season.

Yeah, being top 10 in rushing isn’t really all that crazy an accomplishment. Puts you in the top ~3rd of the league.

Bell’s getting underrated by a couple here.

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, Jones, Cohen, Carson, Conner, Hunt, Mack, and Breida. That doesn’t even include Foreman who could very well be the Texans starter at some point once he gets healthy. That’s over a third of the starting RBs in the NFL!

Cohen is #2 (or, 1b) behind Jordan Howard and Breida is only starting due to Jerick Mckinnon's ACL tear. 

Foreman is really behind schedule, doubt he ever returns to form. He might play one day, but won't have that straight line speed and explosion - he'll be more of a short yardage-type guy, I'd imagine.

Doesn't change what you're saying, it's a benchmark class we'll never see again for the position.

Archived