Le'Veon Bell -Farewell Miami

Pool

The Steelers should move on from Bell. At this point, he's a distraction. They really haven't missed a whole lot without him and it's clear with the cap number he wants, it's nowhere near worth it for them. Plus he stuck it in their butt by not playing this year. Just move on from him.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

hope Cleveland signs him as a free agent man would I love to see him play verses pitt

I'm usually that fan that wants whatever decent player gets cut but this is where I draw the line. No way in hell I want him in the Browns locker room or taking their money.

It wouldn't make sense for him not to report at all. He needs to play this year in order to become a free agent.

It makes sense that he's doing the absolute minimum. He stands to gain nothing otherwise... He'll take his 1/2 year under the tag. Pitt won't play him much because Connor has been a beast and is far more trusted, so the whole "Let's just run the wheels off him in 2018 lololol" idea is right out the window. He'll make 7 or so million this year for doing next to nothing then sign a monster deal elsewhere next season with his health intact.

People can say he's being selfish if they want, but Pitt essentially just kept handing him leverage while telling him they were going to screw him in the long term.

7 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It wouldn't make sense for him not to report at all. He needs to play this year in order to become a free agent.

It makes sense that he's doing the absolute minimum. He stands to gain nothing otherwise... He'll take his 1/2 year under the tag. Pitt won't play him much because Connor has been a beast and is far more trusted, so the whole "Let's just run the wheels off him in 2018 lololol" idea is right out the window. He'll make 7 or so million this year for doing next to nothing then sign a monster deal elsewhere next season with his health intact.

People can say he's being selfish if they want, but Pitt essentially just kept handing him leverage while telling him they were going to screw him in the long term.

Monster deal is relative. I'm going to be really fascinated by what he actually obtains in free agency. On one hand, I'm struggling to see him getting the deal that he wanted to begin with, but on the other, it's free agency and it only takes one horribly stupid team. I mean, the 49ers gave McKinnon 4 years 30 million (though it will likely be a 2 year 16 milion or 3 year 22.5 milion) 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Monster deal is relative. I'm going to be really fascinated by what he actually obtains in free agency.

I think he's going to sign a deal remarkably similar to the one Pittsburgh offered him last year... Just a year delayed (and another 8m in the bank)

If he does come back, is in shape, ready to play, I am very curious how the Steelers handle it. The bad blood between players would probably boil over pretty quickly, and from the FO's perspective you are already paying the man, why not play him? At the same time, Conner is your back of the future, he's been outstanding, I don't think you bench him under any circumstance. You probably lighten the load significantly and give Bell 10-15 touches... but then does Bell even accept that kind of roles without being a baby about it? Like I said, curious to see how they handle it. 

Splitting carries seems like the most logical route,  and as a Conner/Bell owner, this is pretty much worst case scenario. 

I would say play Bell over Connor more for the rest of this season. Connor is tearing it up but Bell is still great. If Connor is your future, why add more wear and tear onto him this season when you could put that on a RB that you know will not be here next season and preserving your future RB for the future while also maintaining similar production?

13 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I think he's going to sign a deal remarkably similar to the one Pittsburgh offered him last year... Just a year delayed (and another 8m in the bank)

And most importantly, a year off from a hefty workload and increased odds he’ll play longer to make more money overall.

17 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

No he doesn't.  He needs to accrue a season of service if he wants the amount it would cost the Steelers to franchise tag him again next year to increase, but he is presently out of contract and the only thing keeping him from present being a free agent is that the Steelers have bird-rights on him by virtue have having been able to (and having) tender him with the Franchise Tag.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

No he doesn't.  He needs to accrue a season of service if he wants the amount it would cost the Steelers to franchise tag him again next year to increase, but he is presently out of contract and the only thing keeping him from present being a free agent is that the Steelers have bird-rights on him by virtue have having been able to (and having) tender him with the Franchise Tag.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if he signs this season it will have been his 3rd consecutive tag. The Steelers wouldn't be able to tag him a 4th consecutive time in 2019, and he'd be a free agent. He needs to sign the tag this season before the cutoff date or he doesn't get credit for playing this season. Not signing would mean that the Steelers effectively hadn't tagged him in 2018 and could do so in 2019.

Archived