Le'Veon Bell -Farewell Miami

Pool

2 hours ago, jdzimme3 said:

previously it was reported that it would only count as the second tag if he didnt sign this year (which i still think the steelers shouldnt offer).  I am trying to figure out what has caused people to change their line of thinking.

Apparently, people just had the understanding of the CBA incorrect. 

I have a question..... 

In the event that a player who is designated and tendered as a Franchise Player has not signed a Player Contract with a Club by the Tuesday following the tenth week of the regular season, at 4:00pm New York time, the player shall be prohibited from playing football in the NFL for the remainder of that League Year... 

That's literally what the CBA says.  So, would it not also be true that on Nov. 14th the Steelers could rescind the tag and Le'Veon would be prohibited from signing with another team?

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I have a question..... 

That's literally what the CBA says.  So, would it not also be true that on Nov. 14th the Steelers could rescind the tag and Le'Veon would be prohibited from signing with another team?

That would no longer apply. In order to report, he has to sign the tender. If they rescind the tag, he immediately becomes a free agent, and the tag rule no longer applies. 

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Yes I'm serious, provide me proof of Bell "Acting like an immature child". Dude has just clearly not been up for letting the Steelers hold him hostage with a franchise tag again.

He has forfeited all his money this year.  All the twitter crap, acting like some sort of victim. His latest tweet sums it all up really. He is a great player, just selfish. I didnt have a problem with the holdout initially, but its gone too far imo. 

I got just two words for him...

Bye Felicia

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He has forfeited all his money this year.

That is irrelevant, he had to do that.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

All the twitter crap, acting like some sort of victim.

What stuff? I don't go out of my way to read his twitter, so why do you?

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

His latest tweet sums it all up really.

He has been congratulating his former teammates. The one about "passing the sticks" could even be a reference of him passing the Steelers rushing crown to Conner.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I didnt have a problem with the holdout initially, but its gone too far imo. 

It was never going to be anything less than this.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bye Felicia

You are just being salty. The guy was never going to play for us again until he got a chance to go to free agency, just like Cousins with Washington, it's just how the smartest players will handle contracts whenever they get the chance. There is no reason to begrudge the man his money.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:07 PM, Activated10 said:

Steelers OL is decent. I don't thibk his main concern was putting up stats but it was getting used to the ground and ending up like DeMarco Murray

The Steelers offensive line is top 5. Far from “decent”

On 11/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, 3rivers said:

From what I have read, the 3rd tag is said to be the average of the top 5 salaries in the ENTIRE league. So they are just  applying the QB designation to give fans an idea since QB's usually own the top salaries, but since Mack and Donald got new deals, they should reconsider the slang.  I would expect Donald, Mack, Rodgers and 2 other top salaries averaged, that would be the tag value for taco bell next season approx $25+. If colbert does this, then  should be fired.

It's not the top 5 salaries of the league - it's that there's a 44 percent increase from the prior tag.   44 percent raise from 14.4M - greater than 20M.

Where the new info (which isn't confirmed BTW) changes the 2019 salary - it's that the 3rd tag would apply to Bell if he didn't sign the tag this year.  Up until now, the belief was that his service time doesn't toll, the Steelers don't have to apply the tag at 3rd-tag rates, but just keep the 14.4M 2nd tag option next year (along with a transition tag option).   The fact that he would have to be tagged at 3rd-year methodology is the new info.  The formula isn't any different, the CBA is very clear on that.  The info the agent is giving about top 5 QB is actually a terrible take - they are trying to say that Bell would be getting top QB $ by being now 20M.   But the formula's not based on suddenly changing positions - it's that there's a 44 percent increase from the 2nd tag.

The fact that the agent is releasing that info, and didn't know about the 3rd year tag coming into place, I'd place a LOT of caution on anything that's coming from Bell's camp.  It's pretty clear that they are pretty much in the dark on the actual details, and it's questionable if they are even getting good advice, given what they are putting out right now.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's not the top 5 salaries of the league - it's that there's a 44 percent increase from the prior tag.   44 percent raise from 14.4M - greater than 20M.

Where the new info (which isn't confirmed BTW) - is that the 3rd tag would apply to Bell if he didn't sign the tag this year.  Up until now, the belief was that his service time doesn't toll, the Steelers don't have to apply the tag at 3rd-tag rates, but just keep the 14.4M option next year (along with a transition tag option).   That's the new info.  The info the agent is giving about top 5 QB is actually a terrible take - they are trying to say that Bell would be getting top QB $ by being now 20M.   But the formula's not based on suddenly changing positions - it's that there's a 44 percent increase from the 2nd tag.

The fact that the agent is releasing that info, and didn't know about the 3rd year tag coming into place, I'd place a LOT of caution on anything that's coming from Bell's camp.  It's pretty clear that they are pretty much in the dark on the actual details, and it's questionable if they are even getting good advice, given what they are putting out right now.

I will have to find the link, but I thought it was as I typed above and unfortunately I think it was ian crapaport with the details O.o I also read and watched the number be $25M

On 11/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, Pool said:

This really isn't true. It's something Bell's camp could argue, but which the league as a whole, not just the Steelers, would fight tooth and nail on.

To people asking what Bell has done, I'm not going to argue about the wisdom of his decision to turn down the Steelers offer again. Bell lost himself money here. And five years from now, he's going to regret it. Because that's what happens with dumb people.

The will he or won't he thing was entirely unnecessary and counterproductive. It's now November, days before the deadline to report, and no one knows what he plans to do. Another player is going to cut for this moron when he shows up. To keep it going until this stage? Either his camp has been so unprepared throughout this process that they don't know, or it's being done out of spite. Because the position of both sides has been clear for some time now. And if it's the former, than that only reinforces just how dumb Bell is. It's laughable to me that people think this is a guy with a well thought out strategy given what we're witnessing or that he really knows what the market for his services is going to be like this off-season.

No other player in the league has done what Bell has. That's not because they're cowards, it's because it's just plain stupid.

15 hours ago, wwhickok said:

He has forfeited all his money this year.  All the twitter crap, acting like some sort of victim. His latest tweet sums it all up really. He is a great player, just selfish. I didnt have a problem with the holdout initially, but its gone too far imo. 

Bye Felicia

hes got two words for you

Earl Thomas

Earl Thomas made $10.4 million for showing up with Seattle this year.

Earl Thomas did not lose $10.4 million on his next contract because of that injury.

Leveon Bell would have made over $15m this year for showing up. He will not make $15 million more on his next contract to offset what he lost this year. I'm highly skeptical that even whatever inflated deal he accepts will offset his losses even if he returns next week.

Archived