Le'Veon Bell -Farewell Miami

Pool

20 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I wonder, assuming that Conner's level of play isn't a fluke, would Bell and Conner be the greatest RB duo of all time if Bell had reported in time?

if one considers the versatility and production, it's like 2 modern probowlers on the same team. Most teams don't even have a pro bowler, suppose it's 6 or 8 from the entire league, and 2 would be on the same team.  Adding to that hype would be the people that still say Bell is so great he is the best etc, so now you have "the top RB" in the league (supposedly according to media) and a breakout star in his first year starting that will be a prowler and average 5YPC and can catch and block.  While this all looks good on paper , there was no way to guarantee it would be better for the team and we won't find out.

8 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I feels like He’ll be black listed by the NFL. 

He will never see the money he wants. 

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

all it takes is one team to sign him, remember the redskins and haynesworth for example. 

If he wasn't an elite player, I'd agree he has a high risk of teams just staying away.

But as this isn't a great draft for impact RB's, and Tevin Coleman & Mark Ingram are the other top RB's available in FA - Bell's going to get paid by someone.  

Whether he can make up the 14.4M lost this year by not reporting, though, is totally a fair Q.    7M+, I could see.  14.4M is a tall order.

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

all it takes is one team to sign him, remember the redskins and haynesworth for example. 

Yeah but Haynes was coming off a monster year where he dominated in the inside after the Gerrard incident. Bell is coming off a very poor 4YPC season with a ton of Wear and tear, and You see James Connor balling. This is not good at all. 

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Yeah but Haynes was coming off a monster year where he dominated in the inside after the Gerrard incident. Bell is coming off a very poor 4YPC season with a ton of Wear and tear, and You see James Connor balling. This is not good at all. 

agree on all points. bell lost value when Connor stepped in as a first year starter after MCL tear and has put up better stats in almost all areas stats are kept .   Unless bell signs with a team that has a first ballot HOF WR1, QB and 3 probowl OL, I can't see him doing all that great. I could see 10 RB's having seasons comparable in some way.  The times of him being so elite and special are gone, that was 2015 or 2016, and in 2019 he will be a overpaid heavy slower bell without the supporting cast if he wants that mega deal. No way the pats sign him, I don't know who will have the cap space and also want bell on their team. It might be only a few teams, but who?

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

a HOF and could have been HOF, so this would be #1 then. 

I believe that all three members of the 49ers "million dollar backfield" are in the NFL hall of fame (4 if you include the quarterback). Different era, of course, so you're really going back there, but if we are talking nfl history, has to be mentioned.

1 minute ago, Classic said:

Wasn't Marcus Allen washed up at that point? Didn't get much touches his last few years with Raiders.

He went on to some really productive years in Kansas City. He had all the talent but pissed off Al Davis. Al was content to watch him rot. 

Archived