Week 10 GDT- 49ers v Giants

Forge

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

This is the dumbest team in history. I've lost count how many stupid decisions this team makes in clutch situations.

With the exception of the Raiders game last week, I've been saying this all year. The football IQ on this team is very, very poor.

Just now, Forge said:

With the exception of the Raiders game last week, I've been saying this all year. The football IQ on this team is very, very poor.

Something to be said for Saleh in this case. Also pretty normal ongoing teams. Even LOB would do stuff like this. They just had the talent to bail themselves out 

5 minutes ago, Ataal said:

FIFY  :(

I'd feel better about a tank if some of our younger players would show up. I'd feel brighter about the future.

I'm happy about the progression of Kittle, McGlinchey, Breida, Warner etc. But who likes seeing Pettis, Witherspoon, and Thomas be so ineffective. Thats what i'm more upset about (and i didn't even bring up Colbert or Foster). 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are now picking #2. If the Raiders win another game this year, we would pick #1.

They play the Cardinals next week in what is likely to be their only remaining winnable game.

Don't forget the Chiefs game at the end of the year. They'll probably be resting their starters so it could be a win. On the flipside, we're in the same situation with the Rams.

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

Don't forget the Chiefs game at the end of the year. They'll probably be resting their starters so it could be a win. On the flipside, we're in the same situation with the Rams.

Honestly, will depend on who wins that game. The rams lose, and they may rest starters because they are effectively 2 games behind the Saints at that point, so unless the Saints lose 2 games randomly somewhere, there would be no reason for them to play out the string.

Chiefs lose, it's a lot closer in the AFC and in their own division with the Chargers. I don't think that they'll be able to rest anyone.

Did anyone catch Sherman's post game conference? What a true professional, just a damn good player and leader. Sucks that he is enduring one of his last prime years on such a terrible team, but glad that he got to play here. Hopefully he is back next year. Obviously can still play at a high level. 

I know he missed two games, but he's gotta make the pro bowl if he keeps up his play right? 

Entertaining game. I don't get all the whining and moaning. Yeah the defense is a hot mess but we all knew this was a real possibility before the season. I understand the Saleh haters are in full effect but I can't judge him until we find him some real talent on the edge. I mean the Giants O-Line has been horrendous all year and yet we couldn't get to Eli all night. This isn't a scheme meant to create pressure with the blitz so I'm not trying to hear that he needs to manufacture pressure. Get him some guys who disrupt the pocket and let's see how he fares. 

The fact that Mullens has proven he can be a capable back-up to Jimmy G is a bright spot for this season. I think the Beathard experiment is officially over. Mullens has had his 'wtf' moments a times but what I love is he doesn't take costly sacks and he is able to excute and finds guys on 3rd downs. Not always pretty but he has good pocket awareness and he won't kill your offense the way Beathard does, taking unnecessary sacks and batted balls. I think he should remain the starter the rest if the way and let him get some game reps and see how he progresses with more time on the field. 

And Im ready to admit that I was completely wrong about Solomon Thomas. This guy is virtually invisible on the field. No impact whatsoever. Lynch will have to eat that pick and make sure it never happens again. To completely whiff on a #2 overall pick is a fireable offense but he's learning on the job just like Shanny so just have to hope he learns from it. 

We were in the game and had a chance to win with our 3rd string QB and a young defense missing a lot of starters and alot of of talent. Not a glass is half full kind of guy but I do see some light at the end of the tunnel when this year is said and done. 

You are ready to proclaim Mullens as a viable back up already? Really? He had some okay moments, but he has gone up against two terrible teams and I didn't think he was all that good today. INTs aside, he was very inaccurate on the simplest throws and just can't throw a sideline pass to save his life. He doesn't have the arm strength and it hurts him big time. Do I want to see Bethard back under center? No, I still want to ride it out with Mullens but he definitely hasn't shown me yet that he can be a capable back up. The defenses will get stronger after the TB game and that's when we will really be able to see if he has a future as a back up or not. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

And Im ready to admit that I was completely wrong about Solomon Thomas. This guy is virtually invisible on the field. No impact whatsoever. Lynch will have to eat that pick and make sure it never happens again. To completely whiff on a #2 overall pick is a fireable offense but he's learning on the job just like Shanny so just have to hope he learns from it. 

Yeah, this is a bust pick. I kind of hope we shop him around this off season. I'd rather re-sign Armstead (reasonably priced, of course) and go with him, Buck, Blair, Day, DJ Jones for the forseeable future (plus whatever rookie edge rusher and free agent we get, if any). He doesn't have a ton of value on the market, but there are similar players that haven't shown much out of that draft class and would have similar values.

Want a wide receiver and red zone threat? Mike Williams hasn't exactly lit it up for the Chargers, and could fill that type of role for us. They have long had issues defending the run, and that's the one area Thomas is pretty solid at.

Need a corner? We already know that the Raiders are basically trying to give Conley away.

I mean, despite his value bottoming out, I think that there are probably some intriguing trades that could work out.

Archived