Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

Regardless of what he goes on to do, Fultz has to be an all time bust as far as the 76ers are concerned? Picked #1 and didn't even play a full season for you before getting dumped for nothing.

Imagine if the process went strong all 4 years they had sky high picks? Could be looking at Simmons, Embiid, Booker (or Kristaps if we're being realistic) and Tatum as your core 4. Not that Okafor or Fultz were bad picks at the time, but man, both historically bad busts.

2015 #3- Jahlil Okafor (dumped after 2 mediocre and injury riddled seasons)

2017 #1- Markelle Fultz (dumped after 17 career games)

On 2/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Regardless of what he goes on to do, Fultz has to be an all time bust as far as the 76ers are concerned? Picked #1 and didn't even play a full season for you before getting dumped for nothing.

Imagine if the process went strong all 4 years they had sky high picks? Could be looking at Simmons, Embiid, Booker (or Kristaps if we're being realistic) and Tatum as your core 4. Not that Okafor or Fultz were bad picks at the time, but man, both historically bad busts.

Always hated the Okafor pick, but don't blame us for Fultz. What happened to him makes no sense....

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I already have it figured out. Ad and Kawhi to the Clippers. Kyrie and KD to the Nets!

It looks like we're certainly going to try.  That said, we're also the Clippers, so there's a distinct (could definitely be argued likely) outcome where we swing for the fences on both and miss on both and the rebuild is stalled by another year.

I trust Jerry West and the rest of the managerial team in the process.  Though I do think it's probably more a case of them going after KD and Kyrie as opposed to AD and Kyrie.  

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think the C's would have taken Tatum #1.....76ers got absolutely fleeced on that one man. 

I find the Harris/old Jimmy/Embiid/Simmons core to be a little anti-climatic for all the flexing Philly fans did after Embiid panned out. Not sure that team is a lock at all to make the finals in the next couple years.

Archived