Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Utley said:

You're correct that they should dump Porter, but Covington is far better than Porter as a defender.

Which is my point. Covington is better defensively, Porter is probably better offensively. They aren't too far off from each other as a whole. 

19 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Which is my point. Covington is better defensively, Porter is probably better offensively. They aren't too far off from each other as a whole. 

I'd rather have Covington than Porter, regardless of contract.

Not sure how Houston possibly helps the Lakers acquire Trevor Ariza.  The obvious salary filler (Brandon Knight) can't be dealt back to Phoenix in the same calendar year, so they'd have to send him to a 4th team which convolutes things even further.

23 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't know what Boston could get for J Brown, but apparently he is Bitching about NOT starting. " I believe I am a starter and a star in this league" Boston playing great without him, especially GH.

I saw this coming. I would prefer a young proven player, not any draft pick. We have too many of them.

Jaylen Brown and Marcus Morris for Julius Randle and a 1st.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Jaylen Brown and Marcus Morris for Julius Randle and a 1st.

I actually like Julius Randle, he's a pitbull but Morris is playing as good as anyone for Boston right now I'm getting another mid-round pick when Boston already has four is not good, besides I'm still hoping that there are teams who believe in Jaylen Brown's upside even if he's not fitting in this current situation with Boston

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me if this is completely incomprehensible for whatever reason but would Danny Ainge under any scenario be able to acquire Lauri Markkanen from the Bulls? Would Jaylen Brown and some other players be enough? Say like tossing in Daniel Theis and Marcus Morris? Even add in one of the various draft picks the Celtics have or Terry Rozier if necessary? To me, Markkanen on the Celtics would be as good if not a better long term fit than Anthony Davis, who might stay in New Orleans or opt to go to one of the orher contenders.

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Please tell me if this is completely incomprehensible for whatever reason but would Danny Ainge under any scenario be able to acquire Lauri Markkanen from the Bulls? Would Jaylen Brown and some other players be enough? Say like tossing in Daniel Theis and Marcus Morris? Even add in one of the various draft picks the Celtics have or Terry Rozier if necessary? To me, Markkanen on the Celtics would be as good if not a better long term fit than Anthony Davis, who might stay in New Orleans or opt to go to one of the orher contenders.

The Bulls have zero incentive to trade Markkanen. They definitely aren't going to do it just to have to pay Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier right away. 

I don't think the Celtics have the assets they think they do tbh. Jayson Tatum is the only viable one they have. Brown has killed his value with his play this year and nobody wants to trade assets when they can just pay Rozier in the offseason if they want him.

Just not feasible.

Archived