Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Even if they trade him next year. Hes not worth 30 million.

Only 3-5 players in the league are worth 30M. That doesn't really matter. Celtics have a window for the next 5 seasons. Hayward is an incredible player and basically the perfect #2/#3 dude on a contender. He will get healthy and people will stop complaining. Even if we traded him we'll still have zero cap flexibility with Kyries extension, and we have Brown/Tatum coming up soon.

If anything I want to trade Jaylen Brown. I like the dude but he thinks he's better than he is, and the rumors are that he isn't meshing well with the veterans. He wants to be THE guy and he isn't. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Only 3-5 players in the league are worth 30M. That doesn't really matter. Celtics have a window for the next 5 seasons. Hayward is an incredible player and basically the perfect #2/#3 dude on a contender. He will get healthy and people will stop complaining. Even if we traded him we'll still have zero cap flexibility with Kyries extension, and we have Brown/Tatum coming up soon.

If anything I want to trade Jaylen Brown. I like the dude but he thinks he's better than he is, and the rumors are that he isn't meshing well with the veterans. He wants to be THE guy and he isn't. 

you are not alone in this thinking. 

14 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m praying we can unload Vuc and Fournier. I need a miracle.

Vuc should be easy to trade. I thought the Lakers would have been a great fit, but with how McGee and Chandler are playing for them, they don't need him at the moment.

I wonder if Orlando would go for this trade from Philly (which would include a 2019 protected 1st round pick):

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd94n3zl

Gordon could help shore up the PF position and Vucevic would be a huge upgrade as the backup center to Embiid. And Orlando would then be able to move on full steam with their rebuild and build around Fultz/Isaac/Bamba.

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I don’t think there’s a significant gap but I think Markk has more value.  I think a straight up swap would favor Boston.

I think Brown has far more potential honestly. I just don't think he's a good fit on this Celtics squad. He wants to be THE guy and he clearly isn't. He'd flourish in a place where he can be the guy.

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I wonder if Orlando would go for this trade from Philly (which would include a 2019 protected 1st round pick):

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd94n3zl

Gordon could help shore up the PF position and Vucevic would be a huge upgrade as the backup center to Embiid. And Orlando would then be able to move on full steam with their rebuild and build around Fultz/Isaac/Bamba.

Why would Philadelphia do it?

Jaylen has lower ceiling than Lauri? Definitely hard disagree there. I think Jaylen has potential to be a superstar two way wing. Lauri is basically looking to be a great offensive weapon, but unless he takes that to Dirk like levels, it won't be enough to overcome Brown's contributions if he's in the mold of a PG or Butler.

Archived