Is Rodgers really better than Brady?

Bolts223

I'm not even talking career wise either. I'm talking about this year and the last few years.

People always talk about how Brady has the better career but they think Rodgers is the better QB in today's game. I'm not even sure you can really even say this is the case.

Here is a comparison of Stats of both QB's from 2015-Present:

Brady 2015: 4770 yards, 36 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 102.2 Passer Rating

Rodgers 2015: 3821 yards, 31 TD's, 8 interceptions, 92.7 Passer Rating

Brady 2016 (In 12 Games): 3554 yards, 28 TD's, 2 interceptions, 112.2 passer rating

Rodgers 2016: 4428 yards, 40 TD's, 7 interceptions, 104.2 passer rating

Brady 2017: 4577 yards, 32 TD's, 8 interceptions, 102.8 passer rating

Rodgers 2017 (7 games): 1675 yards, 16 TD',s 6 interceptions, 97.2 passer rating

Brady 2018: 2494 yards, 17 TD's, 7 interceptions, 97.7 passer rating

Rodgers 2018: 2542 yards, 15 TD's, 1 interception, 98.9 passer rating

So only this season (so far) does Rodgers have a better passer rating than Brady.

Also: Brady in 2015 had one of the worst o-lines in the league, and still put up better numbers.

Is it time to admit than Aaron Rodgers is a tad overrated? He's still an elite QB, but I don't think there is anything historic about how good he has been since early in this decade. I feel like he gets more excuses made for him than any other player in the league.

I think this is somewhere in the realm of hard work meets talent when talent doesn't hard work. Not saying Rodgers doesn't work hard but there is things that make Brady better.

There is to many to list honestly. Does Rodgers have more natural skill? Sure...but Brady has him in everything else. Brady just wins. Clean cut and dry.

Do I think that Rodgers is more talented than Brady? yeah, I'd probably lean that way. Rodgers is one of the more talented quarterbacks I have ever seen. The same way I think that Young was far more talented than Joe. 

Do I think that he is better than Brady with regards to what they actually put out there? No. 

You don't even need to look at stats (and those stats are easily the most superficial by the way) to tell that Rodger is a way more gifted QB than Brady. You can't overrate his talent when it's plain as day. Crazy enough, Tom Brady didn't really hit his stride until his mid 30's and that's where Rodgers is today.

They will both end up in Canton but name a single hof player from the Rogers/ Brady era? Brady in particular has played his team into 9 SBs, a mega dynasty without a single other hofer.

Lombardi had 11, Noll, Landry and Shula had 8-10. Walsh , Levy and Dungy are still indicting players. 

Archived