Is Rodgers really better than Brady?

Bolts223

Rodgers isn’t as good as he was from 2011-2014.

Brady was better in 2015, 2016, last year and so far this year. 

Brady kinda slumped from 2012-2013. 

So the answer to your question is no. If Cam and Ryan didn’t have complete outlet seasons, Brady would have two more MVP’s 

Technician vs Lab Experiment...

Brady has a better environment, but he also has more responsibility (he sets the protection where GB's OL sets theirs, for example). Arguably a harder, more complex playbook as well. But the coaching and scheming certainly plays to his advantage, whereas Rodgers is asked to thread the needle deep.

TB is unmatched in the post season, and that's what tips this to him, for me. Yes, Rodgers can throw a ball c.70 yards into a moving/rotating bin off one or no feet, but Brady has 11 post season game winning drives, and multiple 4th Q SB lead-changing drives, including games where he was throwing to dross.

I think both are immense B|

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, Forge said:

Do I think that Rodgers is more talented than Brady? yeah, I'd probably lean that way. Rodgers is one of the more talented quarterbacks I have ever seen. The same way I think that Young was far more talented than Joe. 

Do I think that he is better than Brady with regards to what they actually put out there? No. 

I'm a Packers fan and I totally agree with this. 

On 11/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, Bolts223 said:

I'm not even talking career wise either. I'm talking about this year and the last few years.

People always talk about how Brady has the better career but they think Rodgers is the better QB in today's game. I'm not even sure you can really even say this is the case.

Here is a comparison of Stats of both QB's from 2015-Present:

Brady 2015: 4770 yards, 36 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 102.2 Passer Rating

Rodgers 2015: 3821 yards, 31 TD's, 8 interceptions, 92.7 Passer Rating

Brady 2016 (In 12 Games): 3554 yards, 28 TD's, 2 interceptions, 112.2 passer rating

Rodgers 2016: 4428 yards, 40 TD's, 7 interceptions, 104.2 passer rating

Brady 2017: 4577 yards, 32 TD's, 8 interceptions, 102.8 passer rating

Rodgers 2017 (7 games): 1675 yards, 16 TD',s 6 interceptions, 97.2 passer rating

Brady 2018: 2494 yards, 17 TD's, 7 interceptions, 97.7 passer rating

Rodgers 2018: 2542 yards, 15 TD's, 1 interception, 98.9 passer rating

So only this season (so far) does Rodgers have a better passer rating than Brady.

Also: Brady in 2015 had one of the worst o-lines in the league, and still put up better numbers.

Is it time to admit than Aaron Rodgers is a tad overrated? He's still an elite QB, but I don't think there is anything historic about how good he has been since early in this decade. I feel like he gets more excuses made for him than any other player in the league.

Why are you comparing just from 2015 on? Considering he missed practically ALL of the 2017 season and has played a majority of the 2018 season injured ... Is it because it gives you the stats you need to make this claim? Honestly, if you can't see that Aaron Rodgers is a far superior gifted Quarterback then Aaron Rodgers without looking at a spreadsheet of stats, why are you even watching football? 

Let me know when Aaron Rodgers is tied to Spy gate, deflate gate and things of this sort in order to gain a competitive advantage over his competitors. Sound good?

7 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Honestly, if you can't see that Aaron Rodgers is a far superior gifted Quarterback then Aaron Rodgers

I mean, he's good, but we're now in the realms of comparing him to himself only? 

Also;

"Let me know when Aaron Rodgers is tied to Spy gate, deflate gate and things of this sort in order to gain a competitive advantage over his competitors. Sound good?"

Deflategate was thrown out and has been shown up as complete BS (note the guy now says only 1 ball was below the required minimum...which happened to be the ball Indie took to the sidelines) and spygate - every team spies, it's just we were doing it from the wrong spot. Bad us.

What you are, my friend, is desperate. Let's stick to football, and you let us know when you have some actual solid arguments. Sound good? 

On 11/9/2018 at 12:00 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Technician vs Lab Experiment...

Brady has a better environment, but he also has more responsibility (he sets the protection where GB's OL sets theirs, for example). Arguably a harder, more complex playbook as well. But the coaching and scheming certainly plays to his advantage, whereas Rodgers is asked to thread the needle deep.

TB is unmatched in the post season, and that's what tips this to him, for me. Yes, Rodgers can throw a ball c.70 yards into a moving/rotating bin off one or no feet, but Brady has 11 post season game winning drives, and multiple 4th Q SB lead-changing drives, including games where he was throwing to dross.

I think both are immense B|

This is one of the big differences between the two.  Rodgers is actually NOT always asked to thread the needle deep.  Mike McCarthy schemes a LOT of plays where Rodgers has players open underneath, but Rodgers always feels the need to play hero and go for the deep pass.  He will ignore wide open receivers and running backs waiting for the deep pass.  He takes a lot of sacks because of this, and it kills a lot of drives.  When the Packers are playing average-below average teams, he can get away with it and still get the win.  When they play against the better teams in the league, it doesn't work.  

In comparison, this is what is so great about Brady.  If you give him something deep, he will take it.  If you don't give him the deep stuff, however, he is more than willing to give you "death by 1000 paper cuts" and just rack up the first downs with short passes up and down the field.  This is one of the many things that separates and elevates Brady above Rodgers. 

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is one of the big differences between the two.  Rodgers is actually NOT always asked to thread the needle deep.  Mike McCarthy schemes a LOT of plays where Rodgers has players open underneath, but Rodgers always feels the need to play hero and go for the deep pass.  He will ignore wide open receivers and running backs waiting for the deep pass.  He takes a lot of sacks because of this, and it kills a lot of drives.  When the Packers are playing average-below average teams, he can get away with it and still get the win.  When they play against the better teams in the league, it doesn't work.  

In comparison, this is what is so great about Brady.  If you give him something deep, he will take it.  If you don't give him the deep stuff, however, he is more than willing to give you "death by 1000 paper cuts" and just rack up the first downs with short passes up and down the field.  This is one of the many things that separates and elevates Brady above Rodgers. 

His refusal to take what the defense gives him is the one thing he does that drives me crazy but unless McCarthy will not get Rodgers to stop ignoring the underneath passes  then McCarthy needs to go.   I don't think Rodgers is uncoachable.  Every player, including Brady, needs coaching.  But perhaps McCarthy's words are falling on deaf ears thru out the locker room and not just in the QB room and a new regime is in order.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:06 AM, Buddyboy said:

They will both end up in Canton but name a single hof player from the Rogers/ Brady era? Brady in particular has played his team into 9 SBs, a mega dynasty without a single other hofer.

Lombardi had 11, Noll, Landry and Shula had 8-10. Walsh , Levy and Dungy are still indicting players. 

Gronk maybe? Moss for a bit, obviously. 

Archived