Is Rodgers really better than Brady?

Bolts223

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Brady significantly upped his game in 2015 and that was the best stretch of his career. He was already a 2x MVP and an elite talent considered to be neck and neck with Manning well before that 

Not saying he wasn't - just making the point that Aaron Rodgers is now at the age where Brady was consistently playing at his most elite levels, so it's not crazy to expect Rodgers to grow even better from where he is at now.

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Not saying he wasn't - just making the point that Aaron Rodgers is now at the age where Brady was consistently playing at his most elite levels, so it's not crazy to expect Rodgers to grow even better from where he is at now.

The difference, IMO, is that a huge part of Rodgers game is his physical talent.  Once that starts declining, will he be able to adapt his game to keep producing at an elite level?  Apparently he's still playing hero ball, so it hasn't happened yet.

4 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The difference, IMO, is that a huge part of Rodgers game is his physical talent.  Once that starts declining, will he be able to adapt his game to keep producing at an elite level?  Apparently he's still playing hero ball, so it hasn't happened yet.

I was just going to reply with that. 

7 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Aside from 2007, Tom Brady after 2010 blows pre-2010 Brady out the water. I mean, his play from 2015 - 2017 could be argued to be the best stretch of play of his career.

rule changes of '04 , the offensive explosion of 2011, more QB protection, defenses can't play defense anymore, etc. his play from '03-'07 was elite with respect to the other QB numbers at the time. need to keep perspective. as for '08-'09, injuries.

16 hours ago, Asciimo said:

rule changes of '04 , the offensive explosion of 2011, more QB protection, defenses can't play defense anymore, etc. his play from '03-'07 was elite with respect to the other QB numbers at the time. need to keep perspective. as for '08-'09, injuries.

You're missing my argument entirely. I never said he wasn't great before 2010. I said he had his best stretch of seasons and QB play after 2010. What you would need to argue is that post-2010 Brady was less of a QB than pre-2010 Brady. Not that pre-2010 Brady was elite.

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

You're missing my argument entirely. I never said he wasn't great before 2010. I said he had his best stretch of seasons and QB play after 2010. What you would need to argue is that post-2010 Brady was less of a QB than pre-2010 Brady. Not that pre-2010 Brady was elite.

soo you're okay with saying that pre-2010 Brady was elite, but not okay with saying that he hit his stride already? I agree his numbers have improved, but he has already been in "stride". it's just semantics at this point anyway, not worth a debate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Don't think it's hard to argue that Rodgers is the most talented/gifted all around QB.

Don't think it's hard to argue that Brady is the better game plan manager (not game manager)/decision maker/winner.

Rodgers has suffered from coaching & defensive issues out of his control, but he's also suffered from an obsession with the big play and needing a telepathic relationship with his receivers.

Brady plays to win the game. Rodgers seems to play the game to play it the way he thinks it should be played.

Of course Brady has BB and a career full of better defenses.

Doubtful Rodgers can win enough to overcome the winning deficit at this point in his career but two late-career titles could make it close.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:21 AM, AntonChigurh said:

Yes he is, Brady could only dream of throwing the ball the way Arod does now.

right because how you throw the ball entirely defines you as a QB. forget every other aspect of playing the position. 

Rodgers throws the best football I’ve ever seen. He makes the most memorable plays anyone’s seen. 

But again, Brady has been more consistent for longer. He’s done more with less on offense. He’s a better leader, more mentally tough, reads defenses better, and is more coachable. 

Most people’s  emotions appeal to the one who makes spectacular plays. 

I don’t buy the Rodgers has not had a good team because he has for multiple years. I don’t buy the coaching because last time I checked Belicheck was not an O coordinater. Belicheck before Brady wasnt doing much anyway. 

Rodgers def is more talented of the two. But Brady is just better overall, which also is a huge reason why he’s won so much. 

Archived