Thoughts on DeFilippo so far?

SotanKing

20 hours ago, Freakout said:

I wish they would have hired Bevell.  I just ain't a fan of hiring position coaches that have never called plays.  That is how we ended up with Brad Childress and now Defilippo.

You apparently don't remember how he was blasted here, along with Childress and how people were bored with him.  Later, it was almost a competition on whose offense was more boring, his or Musgrave (who followed him).  

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You apparently don't remember how he was blasted here, along with Childress and how people were bored with him.  Later, it was almost a competition on whose offense was more boring, his or Musgrave (who followed him).  

And it’s went on everywhere they’ve gone. Every fan base says the same thing. Even during the super bowl runs in Seattle they wanted to move past him to help out Wilson. 

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

And it’s went on everywhere they’ve gone. Every fan base says the same thing. Even during the super bowl runs in Seattle they wanted to move past him to help out Wilson. 

And Seattle has not been effective as they were when Bevell was running the offense.

9 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

And Seattle has not been effective as they were when Bevell was running the offense.

They also don’t have a running back like Lynch. Their receivers and offensive line and completely been wiped and regressed,  and the defense on the other side of the ball which was the key to that whole team is gone. 

Their just about as effective, still the same mid range offense with a less effective group of running backs, lesser group of offensive lineman, and in all reality less quality wide reciever options. They just don’t have the defense to win out games like they did in the past. 

11 hours ago, swede700 said:

Bevell wasn't blasted here.  Most of us wanted Musgrave fired and Bevell promoted.  Musgrave was the one everyone complained about but he never had a quarterback to work with.  We dumped him, hired Turner, and watched our offensive ranking hit league bottom.  Fans always want "better" when they are more likely to get worse.

53 minutes ago, Freakout said:

Bevell wasn't blasted here.  Most of us wanted Musgrave fired and Bevell promoted.  Musgrave was the one everyone complained about but he never had a quarterback to work with.  We dumped him, hired Turner, and watched our offensive ranking hit league bottom.  Fans always want "better" when they are more likely to get worse.

Bevell and Musgrave were never here at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So is DeFilippo fired after this one? May as well turn the reins over to Stefanski. This offense is pitiful. Hard seeing how this is a playoff team, but here we are.

I honestly don’t see how you can have him back. Back to back weeks, I’ve never heard booth commentators question and criticize a coach like this.

This offense is broken, and it starts with DeFilippo. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I honestly don’t see how you can have him back. 

I just don't see any benefit in continuing on. We're in the hunt do I hope that doesn't hold up a decision because we're only here because of Carolina crumbling.

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I honestly don’t see how you can have him back. Back to back weeks, I’ve never heard booth commentators question and criticize a coach like this.

And you can see it on the offense's face. Even Diggs is flustered. 

I have no idea how you can keep JDF. At least send a damn message to the team like you're TRYING to fix something.

Archived