Thoughts on DeFilippo so far?

SotanKing

On 11/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, RpMc said:

Most assistant contracts are for two years; my guess is that Flip is back next year.

Depends on how many HC are fired.

Teams are going to go for the new/young OC to HC thing that LA and Chicago did. JDF very well could be gone, although he's not worth it at this point.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:04 PM, SemperFeist said:

I’m just curious as to what’s happened since the Rams game. That was a great game plan. I’m curious why he’s gone away from that type of attacking offense. 

Biggest difference I'm noticing on the stat sheet is the turnovers. The offense had just 1 turnover in 4 of the first 5 games (2-2-1). In 4 of the last 5 games, the offense has had at least 2 turnovers.

I also think game script has a lot to do with it. I know a lot of people hate it, but this offense will usually fall on the more conservative side when it can. In those first few games, the offense HAD to attack if they wanted a chance to stay in those games. In most of the games since, the defense has played much better, which allows us to be more of a ball control offense. Combined with the turnover bugaboo we're dealing with, it makes sense that Zimmer wouldn't want to attack as much.

6 minutes ago, milanb said:

I don't particularly agree with the way Zimmer has handled this. I don't know if he intended to shame and blame DeFelippo publicly but it came across that way.

He’s told the media we need to run more, maybe JDF should have took a hint. It hurts how the defense plays and it really hurt our offense yesterday afternoon

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

He’s told the media we need to run more, maybe JDF should have took a hint. It hurts how the defense plays and it really hurt our offense yesterday afternoon

Exactly.

Zimmer told the media rather than talking to DeFilippo in private.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Were you there in private too? You don't know what or wasn't said.

Well, I know what Zimmer said publicly in the post-game press conference.

You don't just throw people under the bus like that.

I'd fire D-Flip now. Let him get a head start on those head coaching interviews...

And Zimmer didn't throw him under the bus. He said what was on his mind. He's mentioned running the ball more before. No way he hasn't talked to his OC about it. Everyone sees it but him. This offense has been pathetic. We have a 28 million dollar QB and a whole bunch of shiny toys. But it seems that Defilippo wants to play Barbie with the Tonka trucks. 

Archived