Thoughts on DeFilippo so far?

SotanKing

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  The OC next year is either going to be DeFlip or Stefanski.  And last I checked, Gase is still the HC of the Dolphins.  If they fire him, that'd be a huge mistake, because it ain't his fault that the Dolphins are middling...and he's only been there 3 years.  That isn't enough time and there isn't enough talent there.  

Miami doesn't even have a bad record. They'd probably be above .500 if Osweiller wasn't starting. Gase is safe. The Dolphins do need to find a QB though, Tannehill hasn't been reliable. Maybe they go after Teddy as an upgrade to Osweiller as the stop gap and draft Tannehills replacement.

19 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Miami doesn't even have a bad record. They'd probably be above .500 if Osweiller wasn't starting. Gase is safe. The Dolphins do need to find a QB though, Tannehill hasn't been reliable. Maybe they go after Teddy as an upgrade to Osweiller as the stop gap and draft Tannehills replacement.

I was thinking they go after Carr.

I can’t say he’s a very good coordinator. DeFilippo seems to have his philosophy, but he’s unwilling to change it when it’s not working. I have not seen many, if any adjustments made in game to help solidify a weakness. Worse yet, I can’t say I see an offense where he’s putting players in their best position to succeed. 

I still want to give Flip the benefit of a doubt because of an absolutely dreadful offensive line effectively takes away the run game nearly every week and doesn't give Kirk time to let those deeper routes develop. But I don't get how Shurmer over-came a dreadful line and made Case Keenum look like a star yet a Flip offense can't get anything going for long stretches per game.

I don't 100% fault him but I don't think I'd be sad if he moved on after this season.

On November 19, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I still want to give Flip the benefit of a doubt because of an absolutely dreadful offensive line effectively takes away the run game nearly every week and doesn't give Kirk time to let those deeper routes develop. But I don't get how Shurmer over-came a dreadful line and made Case Keenum look like a star yet a Flip offense can't get anything going for long stretches per game.

I don't 100% fault him but I don't think I'd be sad if he moved on after this season.

I'd take Shurmur back if NY fires him. Shurmur is a better OC than Flip.

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I don't think Zimmer is the biggest fan of Defilippos playcalling. Not sure how many years he has on his contract but I'll be surprised if he's brought back next year.

I can’t imagine his contract was more than a year or two, considering the overall sentiment was that he’d be another one and done coordinator. 

But, I could easily see Zimmer just realizing that it’s not working and letting DeFilippo go. Buying out a coach’s contract isn’t going to be an issue. 

Archived