Thoughts on DeFilippo so far?

SotanKing

Now the arguement is Dalvin recieved the ball 25% of the touches....

but what one doesn’t realize is running play designs to get him in space is different than just tossing him the ball and forcing him to force a miss tackle the moment of touching the ball, along with him having to catch it. 

With him running the ball, you can wear out a defense and keep a defense honest.

I have no idea why this is even an argument on Twitter right now by some. 

1 hour ago, Freakout said:

I wish they would have hired Bevell.  I just ain't a fan of hiring position coaches that have never called plays.  That is how we ended up with Brad Childress and now Defilippo.

Well, since position coaches generally don’t call plays, most OCs start out as someone who’s never called plays. 

Plus, Childress wasn’t a position coach, and DeFilippo had OC/play calling experience. 

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d still take him as a QB coach. 

Pretty sure we both said this during the coaching search thread this offseason. But in no way would I want him calling plays again.

Then again, we all want to see the ball ran a little more, he would make sure that happens except by the goal line.

1st & 10 - RB dive

2nd & 12 - RB Power

3rd  & 8 - hell just run the ball. 

25 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

You know who Brad Childress’s offensive coordinator was?

Bevell

Bevell went to two Super Bowls and won one with the Seahawks, which was a situation where he called the offensive plays.  It's ridiculous that he's not coaching anywhere.  I also would take him over DeFilippo,  Even in the Brad Childress offense, Brett Favre had his best statistical season with Bevell calling his plays.  I think the failure of the Vikings offense under Childress was because of Childress, not Bevell.  When he got control of the offense in Seattle he was a very good and imaginative play caller.

15 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Bevell went to two Super Bowls and won one with the Seahawks, which was a situation where he called the offensive plays.  It's ridiculous that he's not coaching anywhere.  I also would take him over DeFilippo,  Even in the Brad Childress offense, Brett Favre had his best statistical season with Bevell calling his plays.  I think the failure of the Vikings offense under Childress was because of Childress, not Bevell.  When he got control of the offense in Seattle he was a very good and imaginative play caller.

Imaginative wasn’t the right answer I don’t believe. They could run the ball. One of the top running teams, but even in their Super Bowl runs their offense was middle of the pack. 

The offense relied on pounding the ball with Lynch, and miracle after miracle magistionist plays from Russell Wilson.

Archived