Dez Bryant - coming out to workout

Mid Iowa

So NFL.com says Dez is coming to NOLA tomorrow to workout for the Saints.

I'm not sure what to think about this. Are our other receivers really that....inept? Can we handle his locker room attitude, or has he been humbled by not being signed so far? Does he even pose a threat to defenses anymore?

We know Thomas has a knack for getting open, do does Bryant even matter?

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I heard Marshall and Bryant are possibilities. Not sure what to think. I’m wondering about Meredith who has been rarely seen this year. Thomas and Smith are good but we really don’t have much else...and if either went down with injury, it could be a big problem. 

I've heard from my birdies that there are some on the staff very unhappy about Meredith right now. Apparently he is 100% healthy, physically anyway. Playbook is his issue, he is, from what I am told, having severe issues picking up the playbook. Just not grasping the concepts and where he is supposed to be, and he has apparently expressed confidence issues in regards to this. That would explain why he is barely on the field when fully healthy. He played 16 snaps against the Rams. He was expected to step into the #2 spot, 16 snaps is not enough. We need a guy who can come in and ball.

This sucks because he has talent. But if you don't have a head for the playbook, you are essentially worthless.

I don't mind Dez coming in. I think he fits what the Saints are doing, which is a lot of short/intermediate possession passes. 

Maybe this is a Gordon situation for Dez. Gets to play with a HoF QB, and knows this is his best shot at potentially getting a ring. 

20 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I don't mind Dez coming in. I think he fits what the Saints are doing, which is a lot of short/intermediate possession passes. 

Maybe this is a Gordon situation for Dez. Gets to play with a HoF QB, and knows this is his best shot at potentially getting a ring. 

I’m hoping that Dez has been humbled. I’m doubtful. He’s definitely a narcissist, and honestly I’m not sure I want him around Thomas. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m hoping that Dez has been humbled. I’m doubtful. He’s definitely a narcissist, and honestly I’m not sure I want him around Thomas. 

I wouldn't want him long term. True colors always shine thru in the long run. 1 year rental on this year's bowl run though? Ya, all in.

Still think the Saints need a burner. I thought Smith could fill in for Ginn as the guy who could take the top off of coverage, but so far he's been more of a possession guy like Thomas. 

Even if Brees' arm can't get it there, the threat would still be there lol

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I think Dez can still play in the league.  Playing with Brees is a lot different than playing with Dak.  The issue is what kind of head he's got on him now.

Good enough player. But throws more fits than my 3 year old. The good thing is that if he tries to pull that stunt...Payton would probably fire him mid game. 

Archived