Dez Bryant - coming out to workout

Mid Iowa

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Looks like they are working on a contract. Just have to trust that the Saints are confident that Dez’s ego won’t get into the way. 

He's really at the end of the line here. He's got a fairly decent chance to be a #2 on superbowl contender and get a bigger/better contract next season. If he becomes a distraction or wants too much money, I'm confident the Saints will move on. We're averaging 35 ppg, we're not dying out there without him.

EDIT: Post on Reddit says he'll be announced tomorrow.

If the Saints sign Dez, that game at Dallas is going to be bigger than what it needs to be. Makes me think about last season when the Saints signed AP. That game at Minnesota became alot bigger than it needed to be. We all know how the game turned out and how things were looking between AP and Payton. AP wanted to go out there and show the Vikings that he still has it and they were wrong for just letting him go. I think Dez is going to want to do the same thing even more so because of all the things he has said about Dallas negatively since they let him go. This Saints team doesnt really need that. I know its just one game too but the Saints are in a heavy race for the 1 seed. One game could go a very long way because Dallas is a team we all view as a lock for the Saints to win. They dont need the headache of Dez on the team to make that game at Dallas bigger than what it needs to be. 

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If the Saints sign Dez, that game at Dallas is going to be bigger than what it needs to be. Makes me think about last season when the Saints signed AP. That game at Minnesota became alot bigger than it needed to be. We all know how the game turned out and how things were looking between AP and Payton. AP wanted to go out there and show the Vikings that he still has it and they were wrong for just letting him go. I think Dez is going to want to do the same thing even more so because of all the things he has said about Dallas negatively since they let him go. This Saints team doesnt really need that. I know its just one game too but the Saints are in a heavy race for the 1 seed. One game could go a very long way because Dallas is a team we all view as a lock for the Saints to win. They dont need the headache of Dez on the team to make that game at Dallas bigger than what it needs to be. 

Yea, we don't care about that at all.

What we do care about, is how thin we are at WR after Michael Thomas, and Dez would a good pick up if he can contribute even a little.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, we don't care about that at all.

What we do care about, is how thin we are at WR after Michael Thomas, and Dez would a good pick up if he can contribute even a little.

But see it doesnt matter if the Saints care about that. Its about the spectacle that I strongly believe Dez is going to make when the Saints go to Dallas. Whether or not the Saints win the game its going to make the game itself bigger than what it should be. Its the type of distraction the Saints definitely dont need. I liked the AP signing last offseason because I didnt think the Saints would go out and trade in the draft for Kamara. At the same time I thought AP was the type of guy that would just go out there and do his job. I think Dez on the other hand is a different animal. I get what you are saying about being thin at receiver. Dez is the most talented receiver out there but the baggage he comes with this season being spawn by Dallas and then having a game at Dallas coming up. Like I just dont like that for the Saints. I would understand better if Dez got all of his bad energy out for how he was treated this season then go sign with the Saints next season. Like now its a different story. I just think there is a reason Dez still is not signed as of today. The Saints would be taking a big risk on him. 

19 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

It's official, confirmed by Schefty on Twitter

Say what yall want but its a done deal... 1 year, Dez comes in HIGHLY movitatied yet humbled at the same time. Sean Payton LOVES Dez and im sure he has a vision for how to utlize him in this offense. We have GREAT leadership on this team that wont tolerate nonsense amd Dez himself understands he needs to make the most of this oppertunity. Dez isnt the player he once was but still very talented and Payton has the skill players to get Dez one on one with safetys and limebackers as well as nickel corners. Saints just got better and deeper.

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Say what yall want but its a done deal... 1 year, Dez comes in HIGHLY movitatied yet humbled at the same time. Sean Payton LOVES Dez and im sure he has a vision for how to utlize him in this offense. We have GREAT leadership on this team that wont tolerate nonsense amd Dez himself understands he needs to make the most of this oppertunity. Dez isnt the player he once was but still very talented and Payton has the skill players to get Dez one on one with safetys and limebackers as well as nickel corners. Saints just got better and deeper.

I'm happy with this. I think he will be productive, but never the Dez of old. A great Red Zone option and guy who can get some 50/50 balls. Maybe a few catches a game for 40-60yds. Having Thomas across from him, and defenses that have to focus on Thomas and Kamara, he should be able to draw favorable coverage. Should make more opportunities for TQ Smith as well. If he doesn't work out, should be easy to drop him. Low risk, high reward.

20 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I'm happy with this. I think he will be productive, but never the Dez of old. A great Red Zone option and guy who can get some 50/50 balls. Maybe a few catches a game for 40-60yds. Having Thomas across from him, and defenses that have to focus on Thomas and Kamara, he should be able to draw favorable coverage. Should make more opportunities for TQ Smith as well. If he doesn't work out, should be easy to drop him. Low risk, high reward.

Exactly

Look... Mike Thomas is in the conversation for top reciever in football, thats where we are with him. Kamara is without question the games best dual option running back ive seen since Marshall Faulk. His recieving skills is better than most receivers. Mark Ingram is a hammer with versatility while being one of the games best pass protection backs. Our offensive line IMO is also the best in football. Teddy Ginn will be back at some point, Dez cant beat teams top corner option anymore but in this offense surrounded with these weapons if yall dont think Dez cant eat on a slot corner, safety or linebacker with Brees throwing him the ball yall crazy. Lol

Payton gonna scheme it up.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Thomas, Bryant, Watson, Hill, Cameron, Kamara, Ingram, Smith, other Hill... Who am I forgetting?

Bottom line, who do you cover, and how?

Defense better keep up the great work!

You attack Brees and hope that your DL can win at the POA. It has been rarely done, but that’s how you beat the Saints. 

Archived