Sign in to follow this  
Nnivolcm

Lions fire ST coordinator Joe Marciano

“Tonight I spoke to Joe and informed him of my decision to relieve him of his responsibilities with our team. I appreciate Joe’s leadership of our special teams units over the last three and a half seasons and have great respect for his many years of service as a coach in the National Football League. On behalf of our team and the entire coaching staff, I want to personally thank Joe for his commitment to the Detroit Lions and wish him and his family the best moving forward.”

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-announce-coaching-staff-change?fbclid=IwAR2gQJ4dpGkXJf8p2YG0EVEXKW4uBuw8cyabEHC2lR_fff92c2ZfO_HEWx0

Scapegoat identified.

13 hours ago, Lionized said:

How is that a scapegoat when the special teams has been trash. Causing 13 penalties and plays like garbage? 

STs have certainly been a disappointment so far this year, but previously hes had one of the top STs in the NFL. What happened between that success and this year's struggles? Quin got rid of all the ST coverage studs, and Patricia got involved. Hardly completely Marciano's fault.

Also, even if STs had been flawless this season, the outcome would probably have remained the same. The offense and defense have been embarrassing more often than not, and much bigger concerns for this team imo.

36 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

STs have certainly been a disappointment so far this year, but previously hes had one of the top STs in the NFL. What happened between that success and this year's struggles? Quin got rid of all the ST coverage studs, and Patricia got involved. Hardly completely Marciano's fault.

Also, even if STs had been flawless this season, the outcome would probably have remained the same. The offense and defense have been embarrassing more often than not, and much bigger concerns for this team imo.

Absolutely I agree they should take a long hard look at the rest of the situation and even continue with letting JBC go at the end of the year. 

There is no telling what would of happened at the end of the games we have lost. I know couple with the penalties there were a couple of long returns that go taken back that could have left points of the board or change field positions.