Jump to content

Jaguars working out FA Kickers Dan Carpenter, Patrick Murray


Recommended Posts

That's cool I guess. But it's also reactive garbage. Panic moves because they didn't seem to consider that this might be a continued problem. Should've dealt with this back at the beginning of FA when there were actually desirable kickers still available. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Both guys must have looked quite bad.

There is no other reasonable explanation. This guys is missing XP shots constantly. This is an embarrassment. Do we have any type of consistency on this team? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jags said:

There is no other reasonable explanation. This guys is missing XP shots constantly. This is an embarrassment. Do we have any type of consistency on this team? 

Week 2 of preseason just finished, way to early to know about that yet. Think we are going overboard on the rest of the team outside of a LG/QB/K after this past week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Week 2 of preseason just finished, way to early to know about that yet. Think we are going overboard on the rest of the team outside of a LG/QB/K after this past week.

Pass rush is still non inconsistent. LBers looked a mess. Run blocking was atrocious. QBs were unimpressive. WRs even dropped a couple passes. The best looking things thus far has been a 2nd year QB and a Rookie WR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jags said:

Pass rush is still non inconsistent. LBers looked a mess. Run blocking was atrocious. QBs were unimpressive. WRs even dropped a couple passes. The best looking things thus far has been a 2nd year QB and a Rookie WR. 

Again, two games into the preseason. Not sure it matters much. There are teams that look great during this period that look awful come the reg. season and vice versa. Calais Campbell and Malik played like one series last week and neither did a lick. When the actually games start, I expect that to change quite a bit.

LB's have been shuffled, Telvin has done nothing either and we all know he is about as consistently good as they come on our defense. No Bouye/Ramsey. Church is a new voice back there/still learning (has looked good though). Lot of moving parts on defense. Pass rush will be up and down but I like our chances this year to do better in that category and getting another elite cover corner in Bouye alongside Ramsey instead of Amukamara should do wonders as well. As I just mentioned, Church instead of Cyp should help too.

On offense that is a work in progress. Last week Fournette/Grant looked great. LF was out this week and we looked poor against a nasty front 7 in TB. Not going to fret to much over preseason like I said. This week all these units could go out and look amazing and it still wouldn't change the fact that once the regular season gets going it's going to be a whole new animal/some guys will step up/some guys will disappear just like every year.

Edited by .Buzz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...