Amari Cooper has fixed Dak!

DaBoys

At the time of trade, Chucky said:

"I hate to see good players go... I was on the practice field when Reggie came to me and said #Cowboys would do a first and I said let's do it. We now have five No. 1 picks in the next two years so I'm excited about that."

Something about the way he words this makes me think that he was surprised by the offer of a first and so was Reggie. So much so that he came down to Chucky on the practice field and only had to mention the first, to which Chucky says let's do it right there on the field.

having said that.... I'm starting to warm up to the trade. Cooper is a baller.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude, there were rumors we started with a second. But all the information is rumors. You have no proof to support your opinion. 

You are just straight making sht up now. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2018/10/22/amari-cooper-trade-dallas-cowboys-oakland-raiders/1731044002/

McKenzie said the team received interest from other teams since the beginning of the season, but Cowboys executive Stephen Jones called on Friday and followed up Monday with the offer of a first-round pick.

It would be interesting to see know what you he discussion was had we at one time offered something other than a 1 or 1 plus compensation like a 5th or 6th.  But at this point it is all speculation either way and so far I feel he is well worth a 1 plus and yes we’re gonna have to pay him but I have always thought you can survive at RB with rookie contracts but that’s about the only spot 

I don't get what the fuss is at this point.

It's highly likely we were going to take a WR in the 1st next year. There are a few guys I like in this class, but Cooper is a proven commodity and so far, he's proven to be worth the price it took to get him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

It's highly likely we were going to take a WR in the 1st next year. There are a few guys I like in this class, but Cooper is a proven commodity and so far, he's proven to be worth the price it took to get him. 

Yeah I don't get this argument at all. Could have gotten value ? Yeah. Was there better players at WR in the first round ? who knows.

I just know we had to do something. I'm glad our FO didn't straight up quit on our season. 

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you even reading what you are posting? That limited information article implies that we had to up our offer from Friday to Monday.

Implies? lol now whos making things up. No it does not imply that. It was well known and rumored that the Cowboys were interested and spent that time doing their homework on Cooper. Nothing in that post shows that there was any sort of deal making going on.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

You're right it is highly likely. But a poor trade is a poor trade. What pissed me off so much about this trade was the fact what that 1st round pick could be. From most indications we were on our way to having a Top 10 pick possibly Top 5 before this trade. With all the problems we've been having with Dak and some are still very evident most of us including yourself I remember were debating whether QB would have been the Top need going into next year. We are on a hot streak but it has been against average to poor teams, nothing of real note to actually make us think we can make a playoff run. Even if we do get there and we are one and done and part of that just happens to be a Dak who could still very well regress because of our sh!tty coaching it's logical to assume we might need to head another direction. I really liked Cooper coming out, but cmon someone who was severely underachieving and wasn't even built like a Randy Moss to assume the reward was much higher then the risk we could have gone into this with a better savvy on what could come away with. The move made a clear statement that Dak was the man and yet he still hasn't established he is our guy that's gonna have a 10 to 15 year career here. It was a panic buy.

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Implies? lol now whos making things up. No it does not imply that. It was well known and rumored that the Cowboys were interested and spent that time doing their homework on Cooper. Nothing in that post shows that there was any sort of deal making going on.

Dude, its the implication. 

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude, its the implication.

Matts you're right there was negotiations and I just found the phone conversation here let me covert it to text for you. Didn't know what I was thinking. Brilliant tactics by Stephen.

(Monday)

Stephen " Reggie I wanna make a deal for Amari."

Reggie "Stephen great to hear from you, listen we already know Amari has underachieved but Brandin Cooks went for a 1st and change so we are looking for a bare mininum 1st rounder for him."

Stephen "Oh Cmon really? The guy didn't even reach 700 yards last year while being the No.1 receiver plus his contract is up next year and may look for double digit salary numbers while being accused of being lazy. We'll offer a 3rd and a 5th for him which is fair.

Reggie "We're sticking with a 1st."

Stephen "Reggie you're being unrealistic who's gonna offer that for a high risk prospect. I'll tell you what lets make it a 2nd and with as bad as we've been this year you may be getting a borderline 1st for all you know."

Reggie "Nah we prefer a 1st."

Stephen "A 2nd and 6th."

Reggie "1st"

Stephen " A 2nd and a 4th, you could find yourself another Gronk and Everson Griffin in those rounds."

Reggie " Fiiiiiiiiirst"

Stephen "Reggie you drive a hard bargain and a helluva salesman. I am willing to wrap this up for a 2nd and 4th this year and a 2nd in 2020."

Reggie "Still a 1st Stephen."

Stephen "2nd and 3rd?"

Reggie "Nope"

Jerry "Reggie?"

Reggie "Jerry?"

Stephen "Dad?"

Jerry "Reggie you drive a hard bargain and a helluva salesman. I am willing to wrap this up for the 2nd and my 1st ........born."

Stephen "Dad wuuu..?

Reggie "Haha nice one Jerry."

Jerry "I'm serious"

Reggie "I'd rather have the 3rd and the 5th."

Stephen "WTF!?"

Jerry "Really? He's a chip off the ole'block. Oh well thought I would try helping my son. I taught him everything he knows about negotiations."

Reggie "I can tell."

Stephen "How was that helping?"

Jerry "Well normally at this point a smart salesmen would throw a number out and leave you to stew for a few days then call back and say they are no longer interested to get you to panic. But I am a different sort of breed of salesman who believes sticker price is a great price and I don't wanna feel like a cheated you. So a 1st it is then."

Stephen "What happened to no 1st under any circumstances?"

Jerry "Son we're going to a Super Bowl this year and with our offense already as good as the Rams, Amari will make us the Greatest Show on Turf 1.0!"

Reggie "You mean 2?"

Jerry "Sure we can pay two 1st rounders for Amari. Seems like a good kid."

Stephen "NO no no! A 1st! That's all you get Reggie take it or leave it. (*Shouting in the background* "GET THAT DAMN PHONE AWAY FROM HIM!")

Reggie "Stephen you and your dad drive a hard bargain and a helluva salesman. I accept."

Stephen "Just please hang up the phone before he gets back on."