Amari Cooper has fixed Dak!

DaBoys

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

That is one of the best articles I have ever read. Garrett has been in charge of 8 drafts and has already picked 4 all pros. 

4 first round all pros. Without looking it up, I am pretty sure we have had some more further in the draft too. Lee, Lawrence, Bailey have all gone right? 

I read once that under Garrett the Cowboys have drafted the most all pros in the NFL. 

It seem like many of you think we will have a top 10 pick. Right now we are projected #16/17 (tied with Cincy). I feel like its more likely that we have a bottom 16 pick than a top 16. 

I bring that up to ask this; if our pick at the end of the season is somewhere near 20 (18ish-22ish), how does that change your opinion on overpaying for Cooper?

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

It seem like many of you think we will have a top 10 pick. Right now we are projected #16/17 (tied with Cincy). I feel like its more likely that we have a bottom 16 pick than a top 16. 

I bring that up to ask this; if our pick at the end of the season is somewhere near 20 (18ish-22ish), how does that change your opinion on overpaying for Cooper?

Helps for sure, but I would prefer 25 or later. Elite 8 to make that trade.

We have a fairly difficult schedule. We haven't won in Atl since 2006. The longest road losing streak against any NFC opponent, and the most recent meeting was legendary enough to possibly alter a franchise. Certainly altered a few careers. We should be underdogs for this one, or at least not shocked if we lose. We still have to face the Saints week 13. We shouldn't be favorites there either. We still have to face the whole division again, and you know how those games go. The Colts are tougher than recent years, and we have them at IND. Then the Bucs, who other than the Giants, are the only real gimmie. And with this team, nothing is a gimmie. I could see them beating the Saints and then losing to Tamp Bay.

But right now 6-10 isn't a crazy prediction with our only other wins being NY and TB and that could be top 10.

Probable(hopeful) scenario is If we split with the skins and eagles, beat the Colts, Giants, and Bucs, and lose to Atl and NO.

Which makes us 8-8. JGs calling card

Edited by DaBoys

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As I said before. If he gains 1000 yards and 10 TDs this year with us I will be warming up to the trade. 

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

As I said before. If he gains 1000 yards and 10 TDs this year with us I will be warming up to the trade. 

In 9 games? thats super lofty goals. Dez's best season was like 1300 yards over 16 games with Romo as QB. Thats ~80ish yards a game. So for Amari to match that he would need to put up ~750 yards, give or take. 

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

LOL

To phrase it the other way, that would be the equivalent of:

an 1800 yard 18 TD full season......

So cal will "warm up" to the idea of the trade if Cooper paces for one of the better NFL season *EVER* for a WR. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

In 9 games? thats super lofty goals. Dez's best season was like 1300 yards over 16 games with Romo as QB. Thats ~80ish yards a game. So for Amari to match that he would need to put up ~750 yards, give or take. 

Cooper’s current 16 game pace from the last 2 games is 1064 yards and 8 TDs. Pretty strong out of the gate with a new team.

M Gallup:

1. He is trying to follow Cooper

2. Was amazed the first time he saw Cooper run a slant. Said "Man I need to learn how to do that, he broke his guy so bad I thought 'Why cant i do that"

3. He doesnt know it, but I am always watching and learning things from him.

4. "You see it on film. There is safety shade to Cooper which has been opening things for me"

------------------------

On other topics:

1. He said he had a bad game against the Texans and he is doing what he can to never do that again.

2. Doesnt have the same physical ability, but is from ATL so he tries to play like J Jones

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

To phrase it the other way, that would be the equivalent of:

an 1800 yard 18 TD full season......

So cal will "warm up" to the idea of the trade if Cooper paces for one of the better NFL season *EVER* for a WR. 

Well we have yet to see still if we really need a QB. So if Cooper does well but Dak still costs us games through not seeing the field or what not and we miss out on another Wentz, Mahomes, Goff, etc. Then yea it was not worth the pick. One of the best seasons ever for a WR still does not have the impact a true franchise QB would. But you and TO7 are welcome to tell me how a mediocre season was worth pick for Cooper over one of those guys mentioned. Please tell me how he is worth more then a player of that caliber a th the QB position but we settled cause we are still in a "win now" mentality that's been here for the last 20 years. Considering we have been hitting on our 1st rounders pretty well you could draw the conclusion we could have gotten a guy that could have taken us places if Dak fails. Yea my expectations for that pick are sky high so I'm not sure why y'alls aren't.