Amari Cooper has fixed Dak!

DaBoys

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we have yet to see still if we really need a QB. So if Cooper does well but Dak still costs us games through not seeing the field or what not and we miss out on another Wentz, Mahomes, Goff, etc. Then yea it was not worth the pick. One of the best seasons ever for a WR still does not have the impact a true franchise QB would. But you and TO7 are welcome to tell me how a mediocre season was worth pick for Cooper over one of those guys mentioned. Please tell me how he is worth more then a player of that caliber a th the QB position but we settled cause we are still in a "win now" mentality that's been here for the last 20 years. Considering we have been hitting on our 1st rounders pretty well you could draw the conclusion we could have gotten a guy that could have taken us places if Dak fails. Yea my expectations for that pick are sky high so I'm not sure why y'alls aren't. 

Because we arent blinded by swinging to one extreme or the other? 

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we have yet to see still if we really need a QB. So if Cooper does well but Dak still costs us games through not seeing the field or what not and we miss out on another Wentz, Mahomes, Goff, etc. Then yea it was not worth the pick. One of the best seasons ever for a WR still does not have the impact a true franchise QB would. But you and TO7 are welcome to tell me how a mediocre season was worth pick for Cooper over one of those guys mentioned. Please tell me how he is worth more then a player of that caliber a th the QB position but we settled cause we are still in a "win now" mentality that's been here for the last 20 years. Considering we have been hitting on our 1st rounders pretty well you could draw the conclusion we could have gotten a guy that could have taken us places if Dak fails. Yea my expectations for that pick are sky high so I'm not sure why y'alls aren't. 

Mahomes was #10, Wentz #2, and Goff #1. We aren't getting that high in the draft again unless Jerry decides to throw the season on purpose.  Dak may be just an average QB with a limited skill set but he is able enough to keep the team around the .500 mark. That translates into #14 overall position on average. 

30 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Mahomes was #10, Wentz #2, and Goff #1. We aren't getting that high in the draft again unless Jerry decides to throw the season on purpose.  Dak may be just an average QB with a limited skill set but he is able enough to keep the team around the .500 mark. That translates into #14 overall position on average. 

Are you splitting hairs seriously? Why dont you just bring the probability of selecting at a certain pick. That's not the point nor is it the measuring stick of where great QBs are selected. Only that we have been hitting on our first rounders and we are now missing that one. Oh BTW Rodgers was selected in the bottom half of the first round and Drew Brees was selected early 2nd. 

16 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we have yet to see still if we really need a QB. So if Cooper does well but Dak still costs us games through not seeing the field or what not and we miss out on another Wentz, Mahomes, Goff, etc. Then yea it was not worth the pick. One of the best seasons ever for a WR still does not have the impact a true franchise QB would. 

But we didn't trade away a franchise QB... We traded away a first round pick that ~95/100 times will result in something other than a franchise QB (either a different position, or a bust at QB).

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

But we didn't trade away a franchise QB... We traded away a first round pick that ~95/100 times will result in something other than a franchise QB (either a different position, or a bust at QB).

True. Because we dont have a franchise QB yet. Nothing at least that we know of. But if we needed a new QB then 95/100 the pick would be that if it was evident to the front office. Though it seems it's not so oh well.  But who knows if they really wanted Riley and he didnt want Dak it may change. 

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

Mahomes was 10th which was originally held by a 7-9 Bills team. I could see us hitting that mark. We are kind of expected to lose 2 of the next 3 against ATL and NO. That puts us at 5-7. 

We need to be better to justify the trade. Beat the falcons and the Saints and prove that you don't need(deserve) a top pick.

Edited by DaBoys

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The mental gymnastics in this thread are ridiculous. 

As a rule of thumb the only "high" percentage QBs are picked in the top 5. For every Mahommes at 10 there is a Gabbart or Ponder at 10ish. Its low odds. 

The arguments this forum makes are ridiculous at times. 

Patrick Mahomes was 10th, Deshaun Watson was 12th, Josh Rosen was 10th, Josh Allen was 7th. Obviously jury is still out on them, but they have better arms and are more suited to be the pocket passer we seem to want. It's not unrealistic for us to have a top 10 pick nor is it unrealistic for a decent QB prospect to be there. But the fact remains that the staff likens Dak to Cam and Goff, and thus feels no need to consider that.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Patrick Mahomes was 10th, Deshaun Watson was 12th, Josh Rosen was 10th, Josh Allen was 7th. Obviously jury is still out on them, but they have better arms and are more suited to be the pocket passer we seem to want. It's not unrealistic for us to have a top 10 pick nor is it unrealistic for a decent QB prospect to be there. But the fact remains that the staff likens Dak to Cam and Goff, and thus feels no need to consider that.

MENTAL GYMNASTICS

None of those guys had the rookie year that Dak did. You have no clue how they will turn out. Mahomes and Watson obviously looking awesome in year two, but Allen and Rosen? GTFO

I bet Dak Rookie you was saying "Dak has a better arm and  blah blah blah"

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/pick/10

Gabbart

Lienart

Orlosvky @9

Booty @9

Prisoner of the moment. 

Given this year’s crop of QBs I’m not sure what the big concern is with not having our #1. The only guy being considered worthy is Heibert and he may not even declare. And if he does he probably goes top 3. Do we really want to give up that random? 

Edited by WizardHawk

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The mental gymnastics in this thread are ridiculous. 

As a rule of thumb the only "high" percentage QBs are picked in the top 5. For every Mahommes at 10 there is a Gabbart or Ponder at 10ish. Its low odds. 

The arguments this forum makes are ridiculous at times. 

So your saying we're just getting lucky? What happened to JG being so awesome because he drafts so many pro bowlers? 

11 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm pretty satisfied with cooper so far. Can't see how any 1st round WR could have the impact he is having right now with his precise route running and being a technician.

Compared to the Joey Galloway and Roy Williams (especially) trade, Cooper has been a steal. But we still overpaid. 

If we had an established QB like Romo, then I would like the trade. But with Dak, you need your premium picks to build around.