Amari Cooper has fixed Dak!

DaBoys

7 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Compared to the Joey Galloway and Roy Williams (especially) trade, Cooper has been a steal. But we still overpaid. 

If we had an established QB like Romo, then I would like the trade. But with Dak, you need your premium picks to build around.

True but if we get away from the whole Dak problem which I have no shortage of opinion for in the most negative fashion, I do see our offense opening up a little more with the presence of cooper. I also see other pass catchers getting open more frequently and wider now too.

I mean you don't have to have a true #1 on the field, but boy does it make things waay easier.

Before I saw tight coverage with Dak missing passes, now it's lighter coverage with Dak missing passes.

We can have one problem but we can't have both problems. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

True but if we get away from the whole Dak problem which I have no shortage of opinion for in the most negative fashion, I do see our offense opening up a little more with the presence of cooper. I also see other pass catchers getting open more frequently and wider now too.

I mean you don't have to have a true #1 on the field, but boy does it make things waay easier.

Before I saw tight coverage with Dak missing passes, now it's lighter coverage with Dak missing passes.

We can have one problem but we can't have both problems. 

But we’ll always have the same problem as long as Quincy 2.0 is here: missed passes due to terribly thrown footballs. His footwork and mechanics are God awful. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:11 PM, DaBoys said:

Dak was so much better tonight now that we have Amari Cooper. Did you see that TD!? The only thing that was wrong with our offense was our WRs weren't getting open. I know you haters saw that separation he was getting.  I'm glad we made the trade. Now all these arm-chair QBs will see Daks' true talent. I know we didn't win, but the offensive line, and defense really let Coop and Dak down.

ONE..... dont you feel dumb.

TWO..... look at you

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jk i know jury is still out. 

From Reddit:

John_Winchester [score hidden] 2 hours ago 

The two biggest parts of our team (players wise) is Dak and Zeke, so I dug up the pre and post Amari trade stats for those two.

Zeke Before Amari Cooper Trade (7 games)

36 total targets - 5 per game

25 total receptions - 3.5 per game

175 total receiving yards - 25 per game

19 rushing attempts per game @ 88 yards per game

3 rushing TD's / 4 receiving TD's

Zeke After Amari Cooper Trade (3 games)

20 total targets - 6.7 per game

17 total receptions - 5.7 per game

166 total receiving yards - 55 per game

20 rushing attempts per game @ 111 yards per game

2 Rushing TD's / 3 receiving TD's

Dak Before Amari Cooper Trade (7 games)

29 passing attempts per game (18 completions per game, 62% completion)

202 yards passing per game

1.1 TD / 0.57 INT's per game

88.58 average QBR

Dak After Amari Cooper Trade (3 games)

33 passing attempts per game (23 completions per game, 70% completion)

240 yards passing per game

1 TD / 0.33 INT's per game

96.2 average QBR

Our 3rd down conversion % is up, our ability to sustain long drives is up, and we're 2-1 since he got here. I'll take it.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:45 PM, Matts4313 said:

Let me attempt to try this again.

As a rule of thumb the only "high" percentage QBs are picked in the top 5.

Two best QB's in the game may disagree with this statement. One has beaten us multiple times to end our playoff hopes picked in the later half of the round. The other is basically the GOAT picked in the bottom of the draft basically. Not to mention the most prolific passer in league history was picked in the 2nd round. So no picking in the top 5 is not the only way to get a great QB and my comment still stands that since we have been hitting on 1st rounders pretty well there is no reason to think McClay can't scout QB's considering he has basically sold us on most of the other great 1st rounders we've picked up on. What evidence do you have that we wouldn't be able to spot and pick a franchise guy in the 1st or even 2nd round if he came along?

Edited by Calvert28

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Two best QB's in the game are laughing at this statement. One has beaten us multiple times to end our playoff hopes picked in the later half of the round. The other is basically the GOAT picked in the bottom of the draft basically. Not to mention the most prolific passer in league history was picked in the 2nd round. So no picking in the top 5 is not the only way to get a great QB and my comment still stands that since we have been hitting on 1st rounders pretty well there is no reason to think McClay can't scout QB's considering he has basically sold us on most of the other great 1st rounders we've picked up on. What evidence do you have that we wouldn't be able to spot and pick a franchise guy in the 1st or even 2nd round if he came along?

Lets try a third time:

As a rule of thumb the only "high" percentage QBs are picked in the top 5.

Little known facts:

In the last 17 years there have been 164 QBs drafted from the second round on. The only "franchise" QBs in that group are:

1. Drew Brees

2. Russell Wilson

3. Andy Dalton

4. Kirk Cousins

With arguments for: Prescott, Carr, Garropollo, and I am sure some others I am missing.

Lets say there are 10 of them, a 6% chance. 

----------------------------------------------

Out side of that, within the first round there have been 47 QBs drafted. Of those the only good ones not selected top 10 are:

Big Ben @11

*MAYBE* Cutler @11

*MAYBE* Flacco @18

*MAYBE* Watson @12

--------------------------------------------

Top 5 draft picks:

Vick

Harrington

Carr

Palmer

Rivers

Manning