David Beaty out at Kansas

naptownskinsfan

Stinks for Beaty, a 3-5 record at Kansas in year 3 isn't too terrible, but when Jeff Long was hired as AD, one had to assume changes were coming quickly.  Already rumors are out there about Les Miles being a person of interest for the job (just saw that at CFT, sourced through The Athletic.) . 

Kansas will not retain head coach David Beaty at the end of the season, though Beaty will coach the team's remaining three games, the school announced Sunday. The Jayhawks are 3-6 in 2018 and fresh off a 27-3 home loss to Iowa State. Beaty had three wins in his prior three seasons at KU (3-33).

"After a thorough evaluation of the program, I believe that new leadership is necessary for our football team to move forward and compete at the highest level of the Big 12 Conference," athletic director Jeff Long said in a statement. "I know that Coach Beaty cares deeply about his players, and I respect that. The student-athletes on this team have continued to play hard -- and I am confident that they will do that for the rest of the season."

Beaty was 6-39 in three-plus seasons at the helm and just 2-31 in Big 12 play. His only Big 12 wins were in 2016 over Texas and Oct. 27 over TCU. Long informed Beaty of his decision on Sunday morning and met with the team shortly after.

Read More: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/kansas-fires-football-coach-david-beaty-who-went-6-39-and-will-finish-season-with-jayhawks/

5 hours ago, tom cody said:

Interesting news. Les Miles would be a good hire for them though if it were to happen.

I imagine he has a lot of other higher profile teams going after him when the season is over.  The key is Jeff Long, and also how much money the boosters are willing to send to a football program where basketball reigns supreme at the school.  Miles would make this an easy rebuild though.  

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think Les Miles is a good fit for either side. Kansas needs to look for somebody innovative and outside the box. Les Miles needs to look for a stronger program. 

For example, Kendal Briles is the sort of guy I'd want.

16 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Miles would probably bring some stability, but he's pretty stuck in his ways. He might be able to turn Kansas into a 6-7 win team, but could he take them much further than that? 

It's been rumored that Miles is open to hiring an offensive coordinator who will bring the spread offense with them, instead of his pro-style, run heavy attack that he's used for so many years.  

Archived